Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• It seen spelling that bad since I last visited The Denmark they had wiskey/ Heneken Lager
  • Herb, is that at the London Stadium?
    £7.60 for a pint of Heineken - the world's gone mad. =)
  • prices gone up a lot it seems
  • Herb, is that at the London Stadium?
    £7.60 for a pint of Heineken - the world's gone mad. =)

It is indeed. You can get Amstel for £6 for the first 45 minutes after gates open as an 'Early Bird'.
  • That's just dreadful
  • Prices set by the stadium and not the club I assume?
  • For a pint of Amstel -
    End of March 'Early Bird' £4.00 non 'Early Bird' £5.20.
    Beginning of April 'Early Bird' £5.20 and non 'Early Bird' £6.20
    Today 'Early Bird' £6.00 and non 'Early Bird' £7.30.

So I make that 'Early Bird' £50% rise and non 'Early Bird' 40% rise.

That is exorbitant.
  • Everyone at the ground shouldn't buy anything.
  • Too late.
  • They were dishing out free scarves today but I can confirm the prices were that high

• Quite an uncomfortable thing to read. With mental health high on the agenda of professional sport, it's sad to see that a player seems to have felt that there was no outlet.
  • In no way surprising.
    Kral must have been so frustrated, as would have been Vlasic.
  • I do this most years and have so far forgotten, but here are some potential appearance milestones this season:

Aaron Cresswell will very likely reach 300 games for the club. He's currently on 294 club appearances, so I can see him making it to the milestone by the end of August.

Michail Antonio will probably make it 250 (he's on 229 currently) but that's less of a round number so probably less important.

Declan Rice will make it to 200 games. Currently sitting on 196, so that will happen this month.

Lukasz Fabianski (140) and Pablo Fornals (131) will almost definitely get to 150. It's also very possible that Tomas Soucek (106) and Jarrod Bowen (104) will make it to the same milestone if they stay free of injuries this season.

If he doesn't get sold, I'd expect Said Benrahma (82) to get the 18 appearances required to make it to 100 for the club. And then injury dependant, there's a strong chance that Craig Dawson (74) and Vladimir Coufal (71) do the same.

And the last possible appearance milestone (other than debuts) is Ben Johnson potentially reaching 100 appearances. He'll have to make another 41 appearances to get there, but seeing as he's backup at right back, left back and centre back, it feels like there's a chance he can make it. I also think the 5 sub rule will help him to get there this season.

In terms of goalscoring, Michail Antonio currently has 61 goals for the club, which makes him tied 21st top goalscorer for the club (with Billy Bonds and Bill Robinson). He needs one more goal to tie with Mark Noble in 20th, and could conceivably reach 15th by scoring 11 goals this season (19th - Viv Gibbins, 63, 18th Julian Dicks - 65, 17th Carlton Cole - 68, 16th Trevor Morley - 70, 15th Paul Goddard - 71).
  • Excellent stats alderz, very interesting
  • All the best things are made in 1952...........70 (still going strong) and have supported our mighty Hammers for 54 years
  • edited August 2022
    Nah, 1948 ..... 74 (still going strong apart from left hip =) ) and have supported West Ham since my dad took me to see us play Rotherham in a 1-1 draw in 1956. I make that 66years. ;)
  • Absolute howler by the PSV keeper v Rangers this evening (Rangers leading 2-1 now).
  • A new guy came to play football last night and he was wearing a Man Utd shirt and I heard about 3 separate people say to him "you're brave"
  • Probably hoping you would all goes easy on him
  • I saw the third kit was white yesterday and I thought that we just had a white kit and I didn’t think more about it. Now I see it had a load of orange nonsense on it? I really don’t like it at all
  • Kids seem to like it, my son and his mates he's on holiday with.
    I don't mind it really. I think the kits are decent this year. Completely overpriced though.
  • Kids like it as one of them was let lose with the crayons
  • I love this time of year for sport. You get the overlap of Test Cricket and the start of football.
    Watched an absorbing days cricket and next up tonight the mighty Irons.I even got off the sofa during the lunch break to take le mutt out.
    Marvellous isn’t it?
  • I hope our performance tonight is better than England's in the cricket so far
  • Slacker said:

I love this time of year for sport. You get the overlap of Test Cricket and the start of football.
    Watched an absorbing days cricket and next up tonight the mighty Irons.I even got off the sofa during the lunch break to take le mutt out.
    Marvellous isn’t it?

Slacker, working from home? ;)
  • Working? What is this working of which you speak?
    On another note, I think Wolves have only got to sign Ronaldo and they’ve got the full Portugal national side.
  • Ellen White retiring from football

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62636434

Great player, but for some reason her "goggle" goal celebration really annoys me.
This discussion has been closed.