Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• Some bizarre rule changes coming into effect this season. One is that officially only the referee can do the coin toss whereas before anyone could do it including the turnstile guy.
    Another is only the keeper can handle the ball in the penalty area as apparently that was never stipulated.
    As of now at penalties the keeper can have one foot behind the line.
  • Anyone know what's happening at Leicester? They seem to have 'hit the wall' and need to sell before buying anyone. Has their owner run out of money? Strange as they are on the edge of top six, like us.
  • Yeah not sure. I thought their owners were quite well off and good businessmen. Maybe the pandemic hit them hard.
  • I think they own Thailand Duty Free so I would have thought the effect of the pandemic would have passed.
  • When the head of the family died in the helicopter crash I recall the family saying they would remain committed to the future with Leicester, but perhaps they are reluctant to spend quite as big at present. They also invested massively in horse racing which appears to be being sustained.

The investment to compete at premiership level is getting eye watering.
  • Eye watering because transfer fees are getting bigger and players wages are getting astronomical.
  • I think West Ham Clips have gone a bit mental, they're playing Football Manager 2022 with Craig Dawson as centre forward and the results are on YouTube

• edited July 2022
    I phoned Radio City today to enter their mystery prize competition.

The presenter answered and said, "Congratulations on being our first caller, all you need to do is answer the following question correctly, to win our Mystery Grand Star Prize"

"That's Fantastic!" I called out in delight.

"Feel Confident?" The presenter asked, "It's a Geography Question."

"Well, I've got a degree in Geography from Birmingham University," I proudly replied “I’ve studied it ever since”

"Ok then, to win our grand prize of 2 Tickets to an Tottenham game and to meet the players after the game, what is the capital of France?”

"Bognor", I replied.
  • Well played sir :)
  • Another peice of my childhood fades away with the passing of Bernard Cribbins.Sleep well mate.
  • yoyo said:

Another peice of my childhood fades away with the passing of Bernard Cribbins.Sleep well mate.

• Good to see Klopp moaning about fixture congestion pre season. Has a game arranged on Sunday when he knew the Community Shield was being played on Saturday. Laughable.
  • Started early this season I see.
  • Tickets for the Strasbourg friendly went on sale 6 weeks ago

Maybe they forgot to tell Klopp and he didn't check the website
  • The Community Shield has been the season opener like forever. Not like Liverpool have ever been involved in it either. 🤦‍♂️
  • Burnley are playing the most un-Burnley football. I know it's against Huddersfield, and I know it's the Championship, but they've been really good to watch.

Cullen has done really well, as has Charlie Taylor, who we've been linked with.

Two horrible kits, mind.
  • Burnley have gone from prime Wimbledon to prime Barcelona quicker than you can say Vincent Kompany.
  • Josh Cullen. The one that got away. Would have completed our midfield IMO
  • Live on TV

Wolves (H) Sat 1 Oct 5.30pm Sky Sports
    Liverpool (A) Wed 19 Oct 7.30pm Amazon Prime
    Bournemouth (H) Mon 24 Oct 8pm Sky Sports
    Man Utd (A) Sun 30 Oct 4.30pm Sky Sports
  • I never win raffles but yesterday I won a nice bottle of fizz and some posh chocs on ticket number 606 =)
  • Now if only we can repeat this in the league
  • As much as I don't like our new kit, spare a thought for Bournemouth supporters:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62373108
  • There are some really bad kits this year. I don't like Palace's one either. What's with all the weird squiggles?
  • So today I've gone for the long sleeve black away shirt. It's a nicer material, I won't have a vast expanse of claret over my midriff and because I read 'Black never fails to make you look slim and elegant.'
    It may do in my case, but it's worth a try. 😳
  • Does Liverpool away come with an epilepsy warning ?
  • And, as far as I can see, it costs £115. 😱 So if the design doesn't get you the price will.
  • IronHerb said:
    I think I shared this last year, but my friend is a season ticket holder at Southend and last year he sat in the I Love Fancy Dress.com Stand. Ron Martin is just trolling at this point.
  • MIAHammer said:

Now if only we can repeat this in the league

I wonder how many young Spuds careers will have been destroyed by that thrashing.
This discussion has been closed.