Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• Looks like the cover photo for the "Five go mad in...." book series
  • Sitting in the platform at Vienna station... Austrian chap starts making small talk. Where are you from? Me: London.

Him: Ah, English. Good news about Boris Johnson!
  • And they say bad news travels.....
  • Is Ten Haag all that? As usual there is a lot of fuss around United but he managed Ajax to three Leagues and a couple of Cup wins in a basically two team league. I only ask as I skim over European football so not fully conversant with individuals.
  • IronHerb, He got Haller playing & scoring goals, just saying.
  • They had a couple of pretty good runs in the Champions League under him as well, so I think a lot of the excitement is about that. They sold a lot of the players from the initial run and still managed to come back a few years later and look good again as well.
  • Haller could always play so no great surprise there.
  • Dunno Herb, he might turn out to be the new Ferguson. The problem he’s got is that he’ll be expected to get right in the first two weeks by their over demanding fans.
    Old Trafford has been a graveyard for managers since the old wine soaked bloke packed it in.
  • I’ve moved the Euro 2022 chat to its own thread here

https://whu606.com/discussion/11601/euro-2022
  • alderz said:

I’ve moved the Euro 2022 chat to its own thread here

https://whu606.com/discussion/11601/euro-2022

Cheers 👍
  • Celebs you just can’t handle:
    That Rylan bloke. I’m a very liberal man and about as far from homophonic as you may get so it’s definitely not because the bloke is gay.
    I think it’s the “uber Essex” accent.
    Again, I’m certainly not a violent man but he proper pushes my buttons.
  • Best we avoid the cricket today, 26-5 😭😭😭
  • Best we avoid the cricket today, 26-5 😭😭😭

I expect they’ll have ten over beer match when India knock off the runs.

• And I was looking forwards to a good competitive afternoon of cricket too. Could be done and dusted by 2.30. 🦆🦆🦆
  • Wonder if they'll play a 'beer match'? 😂
  • IronHerb said:

Wonder if they'll play a 'beer match'? 😂

See above post.👍😂
  • Sorry missed that Slacker. Must have been distracted by another wicket falling. 😂
  • Just got in, think I'll settle down to watch the crick..... oh, it's finished
  • Slacker said:

Celebs you just can’t handle:
    That Rylan bloke. I’m a very liberal man and about as far from homophonic as you may get so it’s definitely not because the bloke is gay.
    I think it’s the “uber Essex” accent.
    Again, I’m certainly not a violent man but he proper pushes my buttons.

Homophonic?😂
    Sounds like an early man orchestra.

• It's 'is teef Slacker that gets me. =)
  • Slacker and Bubbbles….
    This is for u 2…. enjoy 🤣

• MODS!!!!???
  • Slacker and Bubbbles….
    This is for u 2…. enjoy 🤣

😱

• Boris Johnson begins by saying he has "no idea" why Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has insisted there is a confidence motion today, when they could be discussing their online harms legislation or the Northern Ireland Protocol.
    The Speaker cuts in to say it was in fact the government that called for the motion to be discussed today, after it refused to accept the wording of a Labour motion.

You couldn't make it up. 😂
  • edited July 2022

Sad news regarding Haller. Hope he recovers soon.
  • Bit of honesty here?
    What other West Ham forums do you go on,either to comment or just browse?
    Besides 606 i also look at Hammers news and Claret & Hugh.
    They are all different in there own way.Hammers News tries to sensational everything so i don't spend much time there.C&H i quite like although you don't seem to get many comments on there and Hugh Southern who runs the show can get quite defensive if he doesn't like a paticular comment.
    Very rarely look at West Ham till i die or Kumb as i not keen on the forum outlay plus Kumb seems to be a bit "blokey"(is that a word?)
    I have been on 606 for years even when it was the BBC 606 and very much appreciate the hard work MrsGrey puts in to run the show.
    I don't comment on here much but still observe daily because on here which is different to the other forums is the banter,friendliness and knowledge of our great club.
  • this one with a trip to KUMB for the opposition view feature during the season, especially when we beat spuds
  • Just this one really. I occasionally browse kumb just to see what the chat is re transfers. I didnt even know C&H had a forum.
  • The only other forum I look at is KUMB, but I rarely post because it tends to be much more confrontational than on here.

This site is much friendlier and more accepting of differing opinions. Plus - and I can't overstate how thankful I am about this - there are no ads on here. I feel like sites like Hammers News and C&H just run stories and articles as click bait.
  • As long as I have any say in it, there never will be adverts.
This discussion has been closed.