Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• buffy, Shame she never got the opportunity to play for the team she supports.
  • I’m a big fan of the goggle celebration
  • Epsom, did you really have to remind us😮‍💨
  • Must be something in the water, after Ellen White yesterday, Jill Scott has now announced her retirement:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62642960
  • She's 35.
  • Randomly browsing games from the 2016/17 season, came across the line-up for our 3rd game of the season, a 3-1 loss to Man City.

Adrian
    Collins - Reid - Ogbonna
    Antonio - Noble - Kouyate - Masuaku
    Tore - Fletcher - Valencia
  • Lukerz said:

Randomly browsing games from the 2016/17 season, came across the line-up for our 3rd game of the season, a 3-1 loss to Man City.

Adrian
    Collins - Reid - Ogbonna
    Antonio - Noble - Kouyate - Masuaku
    Tore - Fletcher - Valencia

When you look at the team watched the game and still look at some of the names and think who!!
  • Ellen White retiring from football

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62636434

Great player, but for some reason her "goggle" goal celebration really annoys me.

I agree, they are a funny bunch those footballers. Kevin Nolan never seemed to get tired of doing a chicken impersonation each time he scored so I guess pretend glasses is sort of tame.
  • Who's Tore?

Gokhan Tore Turkish International signed in preparation for a European campaign which......you know how long that lasted!
  • What is happening with the Carabao cup ? We don't appear to have a 2nd round fixture
  • Brother Sledge, We got a bye to the Third Round due to being in Europe.
  • We got Blackburn at home
  • Just seen that the Managing Director of JP Morgan has just been appointed as a director at WHU. 🤔
    https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=137292

Foundations for takeover?
  • Probably means we’re going bust.
  • IronHerb said:

Probably means we’re going bust.

Proper West Ham, that. Sign Paqueta for £50m then declare bankruptcy 😄
  • Or it could be recruiting a talented individual to strengthen the board to help the club progress.
  • He's a mate of Krensky, a Czech, and Director of JPM. There appears to have been a bit of a reorg amongst the Directors of the Holding Co and Football Co.
  • Champions League draw going on atm Baz, just in case you missed it.
  • edited August 2022
    I wouldn't get too excited about Svarc, he is one of many managing directors and he's not on the JP Morgan Chase board (based in New York)
  • edited August 2022
    Despite being the only English team in pot 1, you could argue City have got a tougher CL group than Liverpool, Chelsea or Spurs who all got very lucky in the draw.
  • I've just read in the Grauniad that Kretinsky owns 22% of the Royal Mail and is looking to increase his stake to 25% which some speculate as a step towards a complete takeover bid
  • Free delivery on all West Ham store purchases
  • They're on strike!
  • They are.

Royal Mail offering 2% and an extra 3.5% if they accept changes to T&Cs, working hours, etc.

Posties want a pay rise in line with inflation and any changes to be negotiated separately

Royal Mail had an operating profit of £758m last year, up from £702m the year before, the big earner is parcel deliveries through online shopping
  • I remember being on strike back in the 80's with BT as they tried to change work patterns. About a month we were out. They kind of backed down for a bit but eventually brought the changes in through the back door a few years later. Then they took a pension "holiday" and left a massive deficit which is still there today. Then froze the pension scheme and made us take out a lesser one to run along side it. I wish people well battling against the big boys.
  • They are.

Royal Mail offering 2% and an extra 3.5% if they accept changes to T&Cs, working hours, etc.

Posties want a pay rise in line with inflation and any changes to be negotiated separately

Royal Mail had an operating profit of £758m last year, up from £702m the year before, the big earner is parcel deliveries through online shopping

I went down to the local picket line to join the strikers this morning. The way they're being treated is appalling, and they are very far from being alone in that.
  • yoyo said:

I remember being on strike back in the 80's with BT as they tried to change work patterns. About a month we were out. They kind of backed down for a bit but eventually brought the changes in through the back door a few years later. Then they took a pension "holiday" and left a massive deficit which is still there today. Then froze the pension scheme and made us take out a lesser one to run along side it. I wish people well battling against the big boys.

I was on that strike. 💪
This discussion has been closed.