Other Matches - 7th May

Comments

• All been said before, but game vs Liverpool was postponed because of fans protesting against owners/super league, which would compromise integrity of premiership. Man Utd put out 2nd team vs Leicester, but that’s Ok because they are protecting the players. Totally understand the footballing reasons, but hate the hypocrisy of the EFL and Man Utd.
  • Well Leicester aren't really making a case against this B team...

They've been the better side but with top 4 aspirations they should be home and dry by now
  • Rashford comes on as sub while Utd have a corner to defend. Loses his man and Utd concede. Poor management by Ole. Even school team managers know not to change while you're defending and wait.
  • The moral of the story is to have points in the bag (as Leicester have) rather than looking ahead at how easy or difficult the fixtures ahead may or may not be.
  • Losing 3 out of our last 4 has done us but CL was always a long shot as our goal difference would have let us down so we always needed an extra point.
  • It would have been nice if both Manchester teams could have helped us out but there you go. The sour grapes in me says I hope they both lose their respective finals
  • I think Liverpool will definitely finish above us and I’m really beginning to believe that so will Spurs and Everton but hope I’m wrong.
  • I think a few more players and we would have won a few more of our recent games. Cover for Rice would have been nice as we've basically lost all of Souceks goals because of Rice's injury. Just my opinion but I'll continue to blame the owners.
    Btw I'm happy with 5th or 6th I just hope we don't blow it.
  • I think we need to concentrate on getting nine points and let the rest squabble over the other positions. If Leicester winning tonight stops Liverpool qualifying for the CL then that’s a pill I can swallow reluctantly.
  • I think Liverpool will definitely finish above us and I’m really beginning to believe that so will Spurs and Everton but hope I’m wrong.

If we don't win all our games 8th is a huge possibility.
  • 5th or 6th would be great, but unfortunately I think the players will start to feel the pressure of achieving it now. We've not had much pressure all season as we've been punching above our weight for much of it, but now there's a risk of missing out on European football unless we pick up good points, I fear it may play on the players minds.
  • Other teams will be feeling the pressure of delivering performances to try and get a European place not just us. Spurs, Liverpool, Everton - all in the same boat.
  • Well done Manchester City ,I think i will always want you to win the prem ahead of Liverpool ,Man Utd.Spurs (not that they ever will)Chelsea,Arsenal
  • I’ve not thought we would get fourth at any point this season. But now that it’s pretty much gone, all I am thinking is that Leicester could very easily lose their last two, so it’s not mathematically over...
  • It's not over until the fat lady sings..... although admittedly she's garggling and warming up
  • If any other team had made all those changes United would have been in uproar and let’s be honest if they’d been two points behind the leaders it wouldn’t have happened, or if fans were still allowed fixture congestion or not, the Liverpool game was postponed through the clubs greed and I’m disgusted yet again they have done what they want and to hell with the concequences yet again
  • And let’s be honest again the premier league will do nothing as they put manure in that position to let them make all the changes ogs said he had to make but as I said been different if chasing the league leaders !!!!!!!!
  • Man U have 3 games in 5 days so there was no possibility of them playing their "A Team" for all three matches. On top of that Maquire got injured at the weekend with Martial and James already out.

Unsurprisingly they decided the match against Leicester was less important than Liverpool so they played the "B Team"

Its still an impressive "B Team", probably cost more than our "A Team" with more caps between them.
  • Might be impressive but like I’ve stated if there was a chance of winning it, that wouldn’t have been the same team he’d have risked most of them
  • If they had a chance of winning it the fans wouldn't have got the game called off.
  • Apologies Ironherb but I don't know what you are implying as they had, and still have, a chance of beating Liverpool. Well I hope they do.
  • Perhaps he meant winning the league....
  • I meant the League Fortune.
  • IronHerb said:

If they had a chance of winning it the fans wouldn't have got the game called off.

Your right because for United to be with a chance of winning the league the fans would be at the wrong ground, because it would have been played at fantasy island 😂😂
  • Cuz1 said:

Might be impressive but like I’ve stated if there was a chance of winning it, that wouldn’t have been the same team he’d have risked most of them

If he'd played his best eleven against Leicester they'd have been exhausted against Liverpool.
  • Sometimes my heart bleeds as an ex serviceman of over 16 years, I’d have loved to go up to my commanding officer and say, I was on the frontline 48 hours ago is it ok to give this one a miss, and before joining up was doing rugby sat morning football Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning god it’s a hard life isn’t it 😂😂
  • Arsenal 1 up from comedy play.
  • Results starting to go against us now. Arsenal within three points of us if it stays like this.
  • And their run in is quite kind