Other Matches - 7th May

Comments

• edited May 2021
    Grealish ; doh
  • It is quite odd that both Watkins and Traore get yellow cards for diving yet Grealish, who has managed to WIN 100 fouls, never sees yellow. Just sayin.
  • steve said:

Grealish falling over as soon as he came on ,Just score a goal and beat Everton

I told them not to breathe too close to him.
  • Well at least it was only a draw and Utd are winning.
  • Penalty overturned for Liverpool

Neville and Caragher seem to be confused why but Bailey got the ball in a 50/50... don't understand the confusion

If Phillips got the ball first and his follows through hit Bailey they wouldn't have given a foul...
  • Liverpool level.
  • Is it me or is Rashford one of the most overrated players going? Not sure I’d want him in our team.
  • Not sure he'd want to come.
  • boo liverpool in the lead
  • UTD have surprised me all season. They look like they're just a better than average team yet sit second in the league
  • Lukerz said:

Is it me or is Rashford one of the most overrated players going? Not sure I’d want him in our team.

Completely agree

Also think he has a bit of an attitude

Many times lost the ball and just threw his arms up, made no attempt at all to win it back...then slowly walked back

And Neville put him in his team of the year...
  • Game over as 3-1 now. Liverpool hitting their stride at the right time.
  • Looks like we're competing for 6th. Our fate is in our own hands.
  • MIAHammer said:

Looks like we're competing for 6th. Our fate is in our own hands.

That was true of 4th place. And of 5th place. Let's hope we hold on for 6th.
  • Their last three are West Brom, Burnley and Palace
  • Their last three are West Brom, Burnley and Palace

Yup, can see an easy 9 points for them there.

We have to hold off Everton, Spurs and Arsenal for 6th.
  • 6th good, no one to blame but ourselves 1 win in 4
  • 3 wins in 6
  • What's gone is gone and dusted. We need to get our mojo back and win the last three
  • Think OGS, picked the wrong horses for courses twice, may as well have flogged his dead horses in both games imo
  • Cuz, IMHO We really shouldn’t be looking for other teams to be doing us favours 👍. If we don’t see it through now there will be plenty of blame to be apportioned but I really hope it isn’t going to be needed. 🙏
  • edited May 2021
    Cuz1 said:

3 wins in 6

Surely you mean 17 wins in 35. Or do our wins only count at particular points in the season?

Losses likewise
  • Exactly MrsGrey
  • Cuz, IMHO We really shouldn’t be looking for other teams to be doing us favours 👍. If we don’t see it through now there will be plenty of blame to be apportioned but I really hope it isn’t going to be needed. 🙏

We could finish this season with our highest ever PL points total.

Why are we talking about ‘blame’?

Mine wasn’t blame apportioned more fair play, me personally will be happy weather we qualify or not with maybe a touch of what might have been, but to not be fighting relegation is a plus for me 👍
  • Our route to top 4 if we win our 3 remaining games AND

a. Leicester lose both games AND Liverpool lose at least 1 game or draw 2 or
    b. Chelsea lose to Leicester and don't win their last game AND Liverpool lose at least 1 game or draw 2.

So we still have a chance.

#EverTheOptimist
  • Jorderz, record points and no Europa League won’t be a success, but that’s just me expecting us to finish the job having come so far, to fail will be a major disappointment, which of course we won’t, will we?
  • Beat Brighton, then go again.
    In fact beating Brighton will be another tick in the improvement box considering our record against them.
  • With the players Brighton are missing it would be a huge disappointment to not take 3 points.