Other Matches - 7th May

So much more exciting to be watching other games when we're at the right end of the table.

Come on, Newcastle. You're great. You can smash Leicester no problem.

Comments

• Newcastle lead. We are massive.
  • But will they win
  • They are lol 2-0
  • They were two up against us, and we only had 10 on the pitch.
  • Under 23’s have just managed to take a 2-1 lead against Arsenal in the 87th minute and then give it away in the 92nd. A win would have kept them in the division but they need Leicester not to win on Monday to be safe.
  • Leicester wheels have come off and their goal difference taking a battering to.
  • Guess i will answer my own question ,Yes they will =)
  • This is a huge result for us given the games Chelsea and Leicester have, including against each other.
  • What the heck?
  • If we beat Everton the PTSD flashbacks that Leicester will have will be something to behold.
  • Newcastle making a right West Ham of this.
  • Wow....

Whod have thought Newcastle would be having such an impact on the top 4

This has blown it wide open....
  • Another great result for us.
  • It’s an even bigger result if we beat Everton. 🙏
  • If Chelsea lose to City, then 4 wins from 4 means we get Champions League.

I'm more nervous than I was at this stage last season.
  • If Chelsea lose to City, then 4 wins from 4 means we get Champions League.

I'm more nervous than I was at this stage last season.

I think 4 wins is enough if Chelsea fail to win (ie even if they draw).
  • Can we really win 5 games back to back ? we managed 4 as our best this season so far.
  • If we can beat Everton I think we will manage three more points than Leicester from our last matches and finish above them.

Man U, Chelsea & Spurs as opposed to Brighton, WBA & Southampton
  • I am loving this season - it's great to be sweating on so many other matches and every game live on TV.
    With apologies to Wombat - I will be rooting for Leeds against Spurs today - they will have their work cut out especially if Kalvin Phillips is still not fit to play.
    Also City (probably) and Southampton (unlikely) can do us favours today.
    So that's 5 hours of today sorted - better get some jobs done this morning
  • edited May 2021
    I think I said a few weeks ago that we’ll need 70 points to finish top four, which is what another 12 will get us. 65 will get us top 6. Those final 3 are not easy. Of all our remaining games, I think Brighton away is the hardest. Everton, WBA & Southampton, given the latter two have nothing to play for, we should be more than capable of 7-9 points if we play well.
  • I have always admired the way that teams with nothing to play for, whether out of pride or out of respect for the competition, keep going to the end of the season. I am not sure I am going to use "teams on the beach" as a points banker.
  • Like us stopping utd winning the title upsetting mr Ferguson along the way lol 😂 😂
  • Wonder who Wombat will be cheering on.. Leeds vs Spurs..
  • Cuz1 said:

Like us stopping utd winning the title upsetting mr Ferguson along the way lol 😂 😂

Indeed, a fantastic day.

• First up: “COME ON LEEDS!”
  • I see Dele Alli's back