Other Matches - 7th May

Comments

• I don’t think any player should be attempting a penalty like that at 1-0
  • In a way, I could see it being in our hands at kick-off tomorrow as having a negative impact on our mindset.

We’ve been the plucky underdogs and hunters for months. To suddenly kick off tomorrow knowing four wins would take us into the Champions League might have added pressure.
  • Yea I agree, think it was shocking

Wanted to go out as the star... but its only 1-0
  • Lukerz said:

To be honest, I’d say city intentionally lost it to bluff them for the CL final

No other explanation for the changes & Aguero pen

What's to bluff Chelsea about? Chelsea deserved the win and to say City chucked it is wrong.

PS Aguero is the regular penalty taker.
  • Did I hear there were 9 changes for City? That's disgraceful imo. Although I do think it should have been a penalty on Sterling given how things are reffed these days (at least as much a penalty as the one that was given imo).
  • 9 changes and a ridiculous 5-1-4 formation from Pep

What on earth....i know they played midweek but so did chelsea and they only made 5 changes
  • Sometimes Pep can be so arrogant and thinks anything he tries is out of the box
  • Sometimes Pep can be so arrogant and thinks anything he tries is out of the box

Tbf he normally does it in the champions league...yet in the champions league he always plays his best XI

Doesn't help us at all

Gotta hope Chelsea beat Leicester now

Tbf he normally does it in the champions league...yet in the champions league he always plays his best XI

Doesn't help us at all

Gotta hope Chelsea beat Leicester now
    I’d be very surprised if Chelsea didn’t beat Leicester tbh.
  • We have to win at least 3 out of 4 & Leicester have to lose at least 1 of their last 3
  • Lukerz said:

We have to win at least 3 out of 4 & Leicester have to lose at least 1 of their last 3

Easy peasy
  • I still have this really nagging feeling that Liverpool will “kloppety” up the table and get fourth place. I obviously hope I am wrong. Sorry!
  • Come on Saints
  • Did I hear there were 9 changes for City? That's disgraceful imo.

Pep has rotated all season. It's not like he's got a starting 11 that he suddenly abandoned.
  • I'm just happy if we get Europe.
  • Went to see my 9 year old granddaughter in her first game, nearly kicked every ball and it was definitely not good for my blood pressure, I really, really and truly do not wish to volunteer as coach but.............
  • Hamstew said:

I'm just happy if we get Europe.

Europa League would be an amazing achievement given where we were this time last season.

But given how close we've been to top four for a large part of the season, I still think I'll feel a bit disappointed with 5th or 6th.
  • Look at it as a small disappointment now to avoid a bigger disappointment later. We aren't ready for CL.
  • Hamstew said:

Europa League would be an amazing achievement given where we were this time last season.

But given how close we've been to top four for a large part of the season, I still think I'll feel a bit disappointed with 5th or 6th.
    Not for me. We finish top 6, that’s Moyes for England stuff
  • Chicago, I’ve been a coach for nine years it has been an interesting experience but no less rewarding.
  • edited May 2021
    MrsGrey said:

Look at it as a small disappointment now to avoid a bigger disappointment later. We aren't ready for CL.

No we're not. But will we ever be? And will we ever have a better chance?

I know we'd struggle in the CL; we'd probably struggle in the EL to be honest, but I can't see too many seasons in the future where we'll get an opportunity to finish above Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester. To not take it now when it's so close would still leave me feeling a bit flat.
  • MrsGrey said:

Look at it as a small disappointment now to avoid a bigger disappointment later. We aren't ready for CL.

We don’t really lose anything by bombing in it though, do we? It’s one of those things that never really feels possible so whenever it’s this close it will be disappointing. And who knows maybe we show we can put up a fight there, just as we surprised this season.

On the other hand we might end up with more games like our Liverpool and Man U performances.
  • Only have the Liverpool game on in the background

They might be winning but they aren't looking very good, Southampton giving them a good go
  • Best to keep some games in the background =)
  • If I was klippety I'd drop Mane for that laziness. Just pure sloppiness not getting back onside. That sort of thing drives me crazy.
  • MrsGrey said:

We don’t really lose anything by bombing in it though, do we? It’s one of those things that never really feels possible so whenever it’s this close it will be disappointing. And who knows maybe we show we can put up a fight there, just as we surprised this season.

On the other hand we might end up with more games like our Liverpool and Man U performances.
    I hear you. I just want some happy happy joy joy. I fear if we bomb it will be gloom, doom, moan and blame. :-)
  • Surely the Saints manager goes soon, he is rubbish & so are they
  • Lukerz said:

Hamstew said:

Not for me. We finish top 6, that’s Moyes for England stuff
    Have you heard his accent..........
  • Lukerz said:

Surely the Saints manager goes soon, he is rubbish & so are they

Why would you say this when we still have to play them.

You know how this plays out.

An 8th place finish is entirely on you.
  • Saints were toothless up front but it sounds like Danny Ings will be back for our game with them.