West Ham v Man U (A) - Sunday 14 March

Comments

• What a save by Fabianksi.
  • Complete waste of a free kick when we coulda put it in.
  • I wish I knew what Moyes thinks Noble is adding that Benrahma wouldn't, and more. I just don't get it.
  • I wish I knew what Moyes thinks Noble is adding that Benrahma wouldn't, and more. I just don't get it.

I think it's simply that Noble is more defensively minded, which is what Moyes sometimes opts for against "big" clubs. Also, it saves Benrahma as a fresh pair of legs for either Antonio or Bowen.
  • Want to say Benrahma for Noble at HT but Moyes has this agenda

This isn't going to work unless we have someone from midfield that can carry the ball

I'm in disbelief that Moyes can't see him....how is Noble a adequate Lingard replacement with Benrahma right there....
  • He may be more defensively minded but he’s never within 2 yards of anyone.
  • I understand the logic of going for more solidity against better teams, but this Man Utd lineup doesn’t deserve the level of respect we’re showing it

I think it's simply that Noble is more defensively minded, which is what Moyes sometimes opts for against "big" clubs. Also, it saves Benrahma as a fresh pair of legs for either Antonio or Bowen.
    I get that but Noble is too slow to cover and isn't intercepting or tackling, so I think it's incredibly flawed.
  • Bowen's just crossed the ball straight into Coufal's face.

Sums up this half I reckon.
  • edited March 2021
    Really fed up of GNev already; I'm swearing at the TV on a regular basis.
  • Switch to NSNBC.
  • I'm having a shave at half time, see if that improves us.

I get that but Noble is too slow to cover and isn't intercepting or tackling, so I think it's incredibly flawed.
    I think Noble has been good on the ball and bad out of possession for the last three years, so choosing him in games where we plan to offer up possession to the other side feels counter productive, IMO
  • All I can think is it was Moyes’ intention to make this a 45 minute game
  • Is it just me? I really don't think Bowen has what it takes at this level.

I'm probably in a minority of 1.
  • We haven’t mustered an attempt yet
  • MrsGrey said:

Is it just me? I really don't think Bowen has what it takes at this level.

I'm on the fence. He hasn't offered anything meaningful for quite a while now.

Just seems to run towards the corner and lose it a lot.
  • A slower Traore?
  • I think he has shown that he has what it takes, but he has also been really out of form for a while now. It’s don’t see what he brings compared to Lingard, Benrahma or Fornals
  • I'll be happy with 0-0 but if we were to lose 1-0 after playing like this than that would be terrible. All in all very uninspiring
  • MrsGrey said:

I'm getting there Mrs G. Had a good start to the season, but his form has dropped off a cliff over the past few months. He's always been quite predictable but had the confidence to pull it off. Now he just gets marked out of games.
  • MrsGrey said:

i agree i said this a while back i think when Lanzini and Benrahma were linking up a lot better against Doncaster in the Cup Bowen looks more of a Matt Jarvis to me
  • MrsGrey said:

He's not the player he was for us last season atm; there's been something "private or personal" going on this season that may well still be keeping him from playing at his best, but we're so thin a squad we have to keep playing him , although admittedly from the bench more often than not recently.
  • Benrahma on please, started brightly but lost our way and we see getting pinned back

I think Bowen has the ability at this level, but he isn't in great form atm...and he isn't the type to grab the ball and dribble past 3 or 4 players like we require

Hes a very workman like winger, similar in some ways to Snodgrass

Think he got the ability to put in a world class cross or shot, but it doesn't happen often enough and he's not got great pace
  • This is a chance to have a go at Utd.
    Absolutely must change things at half time.
    Flat back 4 with Benrahma on for Noble.
  • I hope Moyes gives us chance in the second half. It's a big gamble to try and park the bus against such a side of individual talent. We have aspirations of being at their level so lets not show so much respect and try and win the game. They have so little concern about us in their half that they are free to just keep coming at us.

The options we have are the obvious of swap Benrhama for Noble and push him further forward or let Noble sit with Rice and push Soucek further up. The former for me.
  • Get Lanzini and Benrahma on. Idk why Moyes just doesn't fancy either of these two players.
  • Nothing to add here, struggle to see why Benrahma is not in this side, Noble nearly got his pocket pinched just outside our box and looks vulnerable to me, surely united are going to be aware of that and look to put him under pressure
  • Being dropped and taken off regularly can’t be good for confidence though either, but agree his form his worrying, so that’s the winning goal sorted
  • I think Bowen has done well, a few times he's chased down lost balls and won possession back.