West Ham v Man U (A) - Sunday 14 March

14567810»

Comments

• That statement wasn't aimed at the fans.
  • I just saw his interview and that’s actually a massive misinterpretation of how he mentioned being greedy. It was just a throwaway remark about out overall mentality - we want to get all the points.

It’s not a warning to fans or about fans at all. He didn’t even say it’s a bad thing.
  • edited March 2021
    I think he maybe thought back to the cup tie and recognised that if that match was over 90 minutes we would have got a draw. Sadly it was too negative.

We are still in with a shout at Europa and even a very outside chance of Champions but we have big matches coming up and he needs to have learned this lesson and meet those matches as though we are equals of the sides we play.

A good point was made on another forum in that the year Leicester won the title they didn't alter how they played in any match and went out for three points in each game, they never played for a draw once.
  • I just saw his interview and that’s actually a massive misinterpretation of how he mentioned being greedy. It was just a throwaway remark about out overall mentality - we want to get all the points.

It’s not a warning to fans or about fans at all. He didn’t even say it’s a bad thing.

It's just the usual poor quality blogs and fan sites.
  • Saw the BBC interview where it was mentioned that things were changed a bit at half time. Were they? I saw no changes of formation or personnel and we were as rubbish as in the first half until they scored. And why was Moyes shocked that 5 3 2 did not work? It never has before. Everytime we play 5 at the back it is always 5 2 3 so there is some width up top. He made no sense and had no awareness that playing Noble had a negative impact on the whole team.
  • Although we have had good results we are poor going forward in open play. We also waste free kicks by playing the ball backwards and put ourselves under pressure and i think we need to get more shots in. Lets hope for a few good results in the next four or five games
  • Saw the BBC interview where it was mentioned that things were changed a bit at half time. Were they? I saw no changes of formation or personnel and we were as rubbish as in the first half until they scored. And why was Moyes shocked that 5 3 2 did not work? It never has before. Everytime we play 5 at the back it is always 5 2 3 so there is some width up top. He made no sense and had no awareness that playing Noble had a negative impact on the whole team.

He moved Johnson to right wing and he looked utterly lost. Kept looking back at Moyes for instructions.

So Moyes confirmed it was supposed to be Bowen and Antonio up top. But Bowen was very deep a lot of the time. There was no link between the other 8 outfield players and them, which is why Noble was so baffling. Benrahma or Lanzini could’ve done that while also being a body in midfield.

Apart from Bruno, that Man U midfield is not really one I would be very worried about.
  • I think what we are so frustrated about is how obvious it all was. Gary Neville and Jamie Redknapp are Pundits yet they knew exactly what was happening why and how we could have had at least a chance of avoiding it. But the man in charge of it all seemed to be the only one to see it his way.

Moyes has got so much right for us this season but that only makes it more frustrating.
  • I think this shows why he is ideal for teams like us top half of table , yet no good for the really big clubs
  • The squad is at tipping point. They're playing tired, and Soucek, Rice and Coufal are getting knocks. Two more injuries and we're very ordinary. I watch these matches with everything crossed: they deserve to finish the season on a high note.
  • I disagree Kuching. When we changed the system in the second half we were back to playing better football and looking dangerous. No sign of fatigue apart from Antonio, who always looks tired.
  • I think the system made us look tired because we were chasing the ball so much in the first hour! As herb says, once we played our usual system we looked far better and more energised
  • I feel like some fans just wanna say we look tired because they aren't happy we didn't buy more players and want to feel justified

I mean the players looked tired because they just played 90 minutes....I'd be more worried if they finished the game and they weren't

When teams are fatigued, they usually look half a yard slower...and usually affects them all game not just in the 85th minute...and personally I just don't see that, think we were pressing and running well up to the end of the game yesterday
  • I feel like some fans just wanna say we look tired because they aren't happy we didn't buy more players and want to feel justified

I personally think that is justified. I believe certain players are suffering from having to play all the time; Soucek, Bowen and Antonio being the obvious (to me, at least) examples of this. Their form has dipped recently but because the squad is so light we don't have the option to rest them without relying on untried U23 players. Even taking the physical aspect of playing every game out of the equation for a moment, there's the mental tiredness that can creep in, too.
  • I thought Soucek had a good game on Sunday. He was box to box, tackling and closing down. Because he hasn't scored for a couple of games it doesn't mean his form has dipped.
    Antonio is playing like Antonio does, scores his goals in bursts but not looking particularly dangerous otherwise. I do believe he has lost pace since the last hamstring injury but Sunday showed he can't get past a player with trickery.
    Bowen looked brighter to me but the first half system stifled him. When he did get away upfield he looked up to find he was on his own.
  • All the players I mentioned have needed medical attention in the last two games. They're still giving 100% but are getting caught in those 50-50 situations. I hope I'm not saying "told you so" any time soon, but I have my fingers crossed...
  • Every time he picks noble I’m saying I told you so 😂😂
  • I want Noble to finish his career with dignity. If hekeeps being played (other than as a sub) I think supporters will get on his back.
  • edited March 2021
    I also think that Noble would do his image no harm at all if he handed the captain's armband to Rice.
    This swapping of the armband when he comes on is, IMO, embarrassing and I wouldn't be surprised if Noble thinks the same.
  • I don’t think it’s embarrassing personally. Liverpool handed the armband over the Milner when he came on against Wolves and he hardly has the same status there as Noble does here. I don’t think it changes anything, it’s just a mark of respect to Noble.
  • Outcast, the big difference is there's a collective groan when Noble comes on, if comments on here and other forums are any indication. Sadly, Noble's days are over as a PL player.
  • I think the only possible remaining match in which Moyes may try those tactics would be Chelsea and I Imagine he has learnt from what happened this week. It wasn't that we lost but that we offered no potential to win the match.
  • Just a thought, maybe losing at Old Trafford was a secret part of the Lingard deal

Maybe Moyes had a quiet word with Dawson at half time, give Man U a boost by scoring one at the wrong end as they were clearly struggling to score for themselves
  • Yes ASLEF,Lets go with that =)