West Ham v Man U (A) - Sunday 14 March

Comments

• Surely the ref shouldn’t be blowing his whistle when we have a corner?!
  • Such a big chance for us with Chelsea, Spurs, Villa and Everton all dropping points, but we bottled it. Simple as that. Makes me wonder if the club even wants Europe.
  • I think Moyes let the players down this evening. They had earned the right to go for it in this match.
  • 1-0, Picked wrong team, and wrong tactics. Hopefully we will learn from it for the coming games. Will Moyes admit he got it wrong?
  • I am pretty sure that team selection reflected the other teams results. Had Everton, Spurs, Chelsea etc won, we’d have seen a much more ambitious side.
  • edited March 2021
    lets hope he doesn't start nobes vs arsenal
  • The one thing I did not want was to lose 1-0 by playing defensively rather than taking it to them.
    Groundhog Day
  • Not saying this because we lost,but Man u are a nasty LITTLE team ,Just ask Caufal .How that was not a red for Rasford .And there were 4 or 5 other nasty little fouls
  • Moyes should take the blame for that because that was an awful team selection, he gets the credit for the wins so deserves the criticism for tonight’s performance
  • Moyes has cost us in the cup v Man Utd and now in the league

This one is 100% on him
  • We all love Nobes but he is finished at this level. He is a last 10 minute sub or cup game player. We all know he’d have retired this season if it wasn’t for covid meaning empty stands.
  • Created next to nothing. Very disappointing. I would have had more entertainment going upstairs to sort out my sock draw
  • 1-0, Picked wrong team, and wrong tactics. Hopefully we will learn from it for the coming games. Will Moyes admit he got it wrong?

He didn't learn from doing the same thing against Chelsea or Man Utd in the Cup, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Losing is one thing, but losing in that manner is quite another. Moyes has been rightly praised this season, but he's massively dropped the ball tonight.
  • steve said:

Not saying this because we lost,but Man u are a nasty LITTLE team ,Just ask Caufal .How that was not a red for Rasford .And there were 4 or 5 other nasty little fouls

Think they had 4 or 5 cards, to our none.
  • Yep, for Moyes to not learn from handing them the FA Cup game too, that’s not good enough
  • There’s a reason Moyes has never won at Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool
  • Doesn't bode well going into games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester.
  • Lukerz said:

We all love Nobes but he is finished at this level. He is a last 10 minute sub

Provided we are protecting a two goal lead

• I may have a look once I've stopped grumbling, but does anyone know how many games this season we've registered zero shots on target? Another one tonight and it's just not good enough for a team aiming for European football.
  • Exactly lukerz he ain’t got the nous against the bigger teams
  • I can’t believe one or two folk thought we’d score 3 today 😂
  • Cuz1 said:

Exactly lukerz he ain’t got the nous against the bigger teams

I think he just sets us up to not get thrashed, and if we can nick a goal we might come away with a point or a very unlikely 3.
  • edited March 2021
    I don't think any other team with top 4-6 aspirations would set up against any other team the way we did today. We showed our mentality is not top 6 even if we currently occupy a place there.

Bus Parking is for clubs at the other end of the table. Not against teams you are hoping to challenge for those higher places.
  • If only we still had Haller =) =) =)
  • I don't think any other team with top 4-6 aspirations would set up against any other team the way we did today. We showed our mentality is not top 6 even if we currently occupy a place there.

Well it won’t be when the manager mentions every week how we won’t make it
  • The reality is we're punching way above our level. We've won quite a few games ugly and I can't remember us playing too many teams off the park this season. We've done really, really well to be where we are, but there are too many performances like tonight for us to be a genuine threat to the CL places.
  • As mentioned, it’s the mentality of that. I have no issue if it’s a tactical decision to play for a 0-0 until half time, then go for it second half. But what’s more frustrating than the way we set up, was then seeing Lanzini & Benrahma come on straight after we went 1-0 down.
  • And we’ve done really well by not playing noble much giving us a chance to pick points up, I know we’re punching above but why change things everyone called it but not moyes
  • edited March 2021
    Lukerz said:

Well it won’t be when the manager mentions every week how we won’t make it

I mentioned it earlier, but do you think Moyes wants Europe? I'm pretty sure Sullivan doesn't, but given how Wolves have been this season, would there be too big a risk to Moyes' job if we qualify but our league position suffers?
  • Moyes bottled it

The players on the pitch gave it their all, so often the team ends up bottling this situation but Moyes got it all wrong

Noble had no business being on the pitch....playing 3 holding midfielders is a recipe for disaster and removed the mobility we so needed...but it's not his fault, he's a 33 year old holding midfielder...he can't come in and replace Lingard

And the performance once we went the XI we SHOUDL'VE started with shows that it wasn't the players but how Moyes set us up