West Ham v Man U (A) - Sunday 14 March

Comments

• I think Fornals is injured
  • they're without their front line and we are playing our slowest players. ?????
  • Worried now.
  • Negative like the cup game.IMO We should be having a go
  • Wow

That team

What is Moyes doing
  • I cannot believe Benrahma isn’t in the team to at least try something different and create problems.

Really disappointing line-up.
  • edited March 2021
    Benrahma has to play over Noble

I get the back five with no Fornals but Noble over Benrahma, that is going to be such a slow side
  • Rashford is fit. Surprise surprise
  • Only 8 on the bench, including 2 keepers. Fornals must be injured.
  • Worried now.

You are always worried!
  • We now have a game in hand on the teams above and below us. We could have gone for this a bit more.
  • For 9 available spots on the bench, we've got 2 keepers, 3 u23's and an invisible man; only 3 senior outfield players, and we're having to start Noble. Lack of depth is starting to show, really worried about this match now.
  • Swap Benrahma for Noble & that is a decent side. Now I expect us to lose.
  • Well, that knackers my bet on Fornals to score.
  • Its the cup game all over again
  • And that’s one of the reasons I’m not taken to moyes a free hit and he picks noble to try get the 3 points, I liked noble but his time is up for a reason
  • edited March 2021
    Can't get on board with that team. I mean, the bench again confirms what we've known for a while that the squad is horribly thin, but even so, why Noble ahead of Benrahma? Clearly planning to play on the break, but don't pick our best ball carrier. Didn't work in the cup and can't see it working tonight.
  • The only sense I can make here is if it’s a back 5 with Noble in a midfield three and two strikers. I did notice Bowen seemed to play as the striker when he came on against Leeds and Antonio went right wing.
  • Oh, I'm sure it's a back 5 rather than the 4-2-3-1 that the BBC is suggesting, it will be (effectively) 3-5-1-1
  • Noble’s back as captain too. Rice at least always seems to be encouraging and talking to the team but Nobes is never close enough to anyone to have an impact.
  • Bowen for Lingard , Noble for Fornals... not so odd IMO... just think some would have sooner seen Benrahma than Bowen... COYI ⚒️
  • We could be hoping for a penalty!
  • I don't think it's that crazy. Fornals Injured and Lingard can't play. Just Noble is a bit odd but let's see.
  • Noble is a lot odd not a bit imo
  • Maybe the plan is to use Benrahma as an impact sub?
  • I wonder if throw ins count in this game
  • That bench shows how much the squad needs improving in the summer. Not that that will happen under these owners but that's an argument for another day..
  • I think it just shows the fragility of our squad and how light we are. One injury to a key player and we are all concerned. Not right that we can only name 8 subs which includes x2 keepers.
  • Mind you, their bench looks light too.
  • It just looks the wrong way around in that we need Benrhama to start to give some threat in attack, if we can get ahead with half hour to go then by all means swap him for Noble. This has sit deep and frustrate hoping nick one through a toothless attack, but unfortunately concede first and lack the threat to get back in it.