Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Why can’t we find a left footed left back who plays at left back?
  • It would be just like having another Ben Johnson. I’ve never seen Williams play well and Ole’s said he thinks his future might be as a right back anyway.
  • But Lingard was starting from a far higher level.
  • Aslef indulging in a bit of cherry-picking of the facts there! :-)
  • Haven't we got a rightsided full back? OGS will want any club that takes him on loan to play him regularly and IMHO we need to buy a LFB for the future.
  • edited May 2021
    Why don’t we get a right footed left winger, who plays mostly at right back, but can fill in at left back. He would also cover as a defensive midfielder, but Moyes will try to turn him into a centre forward.

We just need to sign a backup keeper, who can cover us at centre back when needed.

Oh, and get him on loan with an option to buy.

All sorted!!
  • NURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Arsenal are leading the race to sign Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma, 24, with Tottenham, West Ham and Everton also making enquiries. (Express)

Manchester City will consider a move for Mali's Bissouma, having backed out of a potential bidding war for West Ham's 22-year-old England midfielder Declan Rice. (Star)

Brentford have been linked with Hibernian and Scotland striker Kevin Nisbet, 24. The Bees are making plans for next season and the potential sale of 25-year-old English forward Ivan Toney, who is wanted by several clubs, including Chelsea and West Ham. (Sun)
  • Arsenal are leading the race to sign Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma, 24, with Tottenham, West Ham and Everton also making enquiries. (Express)

Manchester City will consider a move for Mali's Bissouma, having backed out of a potential bidding war for West Ham's 22-year-old England midfielder Declan Rice. (Star)

Brentford have been linked with Hibernian and Scotland striker Kevin Nisbet, 24. The Bees are making plans for next season and the potential sale of 25-year-old English forward Ivan Toney, who is wanted by several clubs, including Chelsea and West Ham. (Sun)

Seeing how good Brentford are at signing strikers, maybe we should just skip a step and sign Kevin Nisbet. He’s probably a lot cheaper 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Like it, alderz, like it.

Toney was a good player at Peterborough, and at £5m would have been a low-risk buy for any Premier League team. No-one bit though and now he'll cost someone £25-30m.

I would completely trust Brentford's scouting system and if they want Nisbet, let's go get Nisbet.
  • OCS, Alternatively we could recruit the head of the Brentford scouting system then we would hopefully get several good players and not just the one.
  • 61 goals in 91 games in the Scottish league isn't too bad at all.

I'm going to YouTube him, because as we all know that's a great measure of someone's ability.

alderz, you're a FM man. Any good on there?

• I'm going to YouTube him, because as we all know that's a great measure of someone's ability.

Quite a few scruffy tap ins inside the six yard box, a couple of penalties, but a number of decent finishes too in his season's highlights.
  • 14 goals in 49 Scottish Premiership games, 1 goal in 7 against Rangers, 2 goals in 4 against Celtic
  • 61 goals in 91 games in the Scottish league isn't too bad at all.

I'm going to YouTube him, because as we all know that's a great measure of someone's ability.

alderz, you're a FM man. Any good on there?

According to my scouts his finishing is rated 16-20, and his composure is 12-16, so what more do you need?!
  • On the FM thing, obviously we're saying it as a joke, but the Football Manager scouting database is used by a few Premier League clubs as an indicator, so it's pretty accurate usually.

If anyone wants to see his stats: https://fmdataba.com/21/p/590992/kevin-nisbet/
  • alderz,every day you amaze me
  • Aslef every day you to amaze me
  • Brentford clearly have a good scouting network.

I would really like them to win the playoffs this year, I feel had they managed to keep Ollie Watkins and Benrhama that they would have hit the automatic positions this year.
  • Brentford clearly have a good scouting network.

I would really like them to win the playoffs this year, I feel had they managed to keep Ollie Watkins and Benrhama that they would have hit the automatic positions this year.

I think they always planned to sell them though. I’ve got a friend who’s a big fan and it used to baffle me how they would sell their best players over a season or two but their scouting/analytics system seems to always pick up a good enough replacement for very little money.
  • Brentford moved into a new £71m stadium this season but the sales of Watkins £28m, Benhrama £25m ,Maupay £20m and Konsa £12m in the past two seasons have all but paid for it and now they have Toney (£25m?) as the cherry on the top.
    Thats mighty impressive.

Express
    Star
    Sun

....Move on
  • Leicester City are confident of beating Liverpool and West Ham to the signing of 23-year-old French striker Odsonne Edouard from Celtic. (Teamtalk)

Meanwhile, West Ham have delayed contract talks with manager David Moyes as the club deals with the financial implications of the coronavirus pandemic. (Mail)

Tottenham and West Ham are among a number of European clubs monitoring Besiktas' Canada forward Cyle Larin, 26. (90Min
  • Just been reading that on MoTDx that Declan said he wants CL football sparking speculation that he’ll be going in the summer.
  • Just been reading that on MoTDx that Declan said he wants CL football sparking speculation that he’ll be going in the summer.

The standard has quotes, and the comments are in the context of wanting to get West Ham into the CL rather than wanting to leave to play in it.
  • Is that an interpretation of what he said, or did you watch the programme and see what he said ( and the context)?

I imagine any of our players would say they want to be be playing CL football next year. Are they all going in the summer?
  • It was a BBC report of what he said and their speculation that he may go in the summer, not mine.
  • West Ham's Declan Rice has hinted that he could leave the club in search of European football with Manchester United and Chelsea long-term admirers of the 22-year-old English midfielder. (Sunday Mirror)

West Ham are looking to re-sign forward Marko Arnautovic from Chinese club Shanghai SIPG, while Crystal Palace, Everton, Inter Milan and AC Milan have also been linked with the 32-year-old Austrian. (Il Resto del Carlino, via Sunday Mail)
This discussion has been closed.