Transfer Speculation

Comments

• yoyo said:

I'd like to see Yarmolenko and Anderson off the wage bill

I'm sure Moyes and the owners feel exactly the same but we've not had a lot of success finding them new homes, if we can't then they'll be here until the end of next season.

Rumours that Dynamo Kyiv would like Yarmolenko back again and that Fiorentina are interested in Anderson but we've heard that before.
  • Whilst I agree that 30m is a more comfortable price I would not be critical of Gambling 40m on Abrahams, I think he could be the next big thing. Were he not he is young enough to recoup some of that on. A more sensible gamble than the 40m we gabled on for Haller who was arriving with no Premiership experience from a mid table German side. Tammy comes from a Champions league side with lots of Premiership experience. £40m is a gamble but not as big as some we have taken. As they mention 40m I imagine there is scope for a bit less with a few add ons.

I would be excited to begin next season with Abrahams and Antonio as our strikers.
  • i dont see us paying out any huge sums this window
  • You are probably right but in my view if ever there was a time to it's now.

We have momentum, so we can in theory appear attractive to the likes of Lingard and Abraham. It will help convince Rice we are worth sticking with. As owners if ever there was a chance to take a punt to achieve that next level that was promised, it's now.
  • That depends if he wants to come to us he might think we’re a step down
  • The fact that Ogbonna, Rice and Soucek weren’t on there means I don’t want to shoot you or any other messengers, tbh.
  • alderz, IF this is true doesn't it just increase the number of players we will need as the squad is already painfully thin? Add a new CH & Striker to the other CF and CDM most have been crying out for over the past few windows? A new LB wouldn't go a miss.
  • Hmmmmm, he mentions that Diop might leave despite having a contract until 2024 but doesn't even mention Balbuena who is out of contract in the summer

Excuse me if I don't worry too much about this
  • Nothing surprising there.
  • alderz, IF this is true doesn't it just increase the number of players we will need as the squad is already painfully thin? Add a new CH & Striker to the other CF and CDM most have been crying out for over the past few windows? A new LB wouldn't go a miss.

Yeah I guess, but also I’m not against players the manager doesn’t want / rate leaving and being replaced. Anyway, we don’t need to replace Diop/Balbuena because Winston Reid is gonna come back and be a star next season 🙏🏻
  • The Guardian reckons we're interested in Mario Lemina, currently on loan at Fulham. He's not played for Southampton since May 2019, allegedly Hasenhuttl doesn't rate him and is prepared to let him go for £7m. Newcastle also interested

Back up for Rice and Soucek?
  • I think Lemina is solid, and is definitely a better replacement than nobody, which is our current option if Soucek got injured
  • I'd be surprised that we spend big this summer even if we did get into Europe

We posted a loss of £68mil for the 19/20 season, down from a £27mil loss the previous year

The values are a little inflated because £44mil of that was due to the games that hadn't been played yet due to the football restart that were eventually played

Think the club has been sensible this summer managing how much we are spending, but I expect it to continue as we will likely post a similar loss next year after playing a full season with zero fans

The best thing we need to do is trying to bring in more players that will retain or increase their value

Think a lot of our activity will depend on whether we could shift Anderson, Yarmolenko or Lanzini....they are still the biggest assets in terms of how much we could get vs what they offer us

Did well getting Wilshere, Zabaleta, Sanchez, Snodgrass, Haller off the wage bill
  • Did someone mention Haller again =)
  • IronHerb said:

It seems that Tuchel doesn't rate him and is prepared to let him go, so he could be described as a Chavski reject.
    Who would pay £40m for a Chelsea reject (Rice excepted of course =) )?
    If he's not good enough for them then £40m is ridiculous.

You mean like Lukaku, Salah and Sturridge?
    Ohh and that Belgian geezer DeBruyne.... I'd pay 40 million ahh forget it ;)
  • Bazshuayi said:

IronHerb said:

It seems that Tuchel doesn't rate him and is prepared to let him go, so he could be described as a Chavski reject.
    Who would pay £40m for a Chelsea reject (Rice excepted of course =) )?
    If he's not good enough for them then £40m is ridiculous.

You mean like Lukaku, Salah and Sturridge?
    Ohh and that Belgian geezer DeBruyne.... I'd pay 40 million ahh forget it ;)
    Ok, ok, you've made your point =) =)

Still don't think Abraham is worth £40m.
  • edited April 2021
    "I don’t think he’ll go to West Ham United. I think he’ll have different aspirations, with all due respect to West Ham,"

Simon Jordan talks about Tammy Abraham on Talksport this morning.

Jordan bought Crystal Palace when they were threatened with administration in 2000 but put them into administration ten years later after six managers and just one season in the Premier League.

Why is he even asked his opinion?

Also from Talksport, they reckon we're interested in Danny Ings and still considering Josh King
  • Think I’d prefer Ivan Toney to Abraham, who I’m still not 100% convinced by.
  • Simon Jordan IMO is as pathetic as the pony team he was involved with.....
  • Palace certainly done a lot better without Jordan, promoted three seasons after he left, have avoided relegation and reached their first cup final for 26 years.
  • Simon Jordan was always his own biggest admirer.
  • Simon Jordan was always his own biggest admirer.

I don’t like Jordan either, but he’s right we won’t be signing him
  • Well we don't even know that we want him.
  • I learnt a lot from this man ;)
  • https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-david-moyes-transfers-24023017

Lets see if there is any truth in this?

Lets also see how much money is spent by other Premier League teams who have experienced the same conditions us over the last year or so.
  • It implies we can’t even afford to buy Lingard so hopefully it’s not totally true.
  • Daily star?
  • edited May 2021
    MrsG, I hope that their facts are more fiction.
  • Well, with the Daily Star, I think you can feel relatively confident..
This discussion has been closed.