Transfer Speculation

Comments

• edited April 2021
    Yeah, but does he want to play for the second team in a two team city or for the top team in London?
  • To be fair he is used to playing for the second team in a two team city.
  • As far as I can see Anderson hasn’t even made the bench for Porto tonight!
  • As far as I can see Anderson hasn’t even made the bench for Porto tonight!

That wouldn’t be a surprise. He hasn’t made the bench in the league for the past six games, in the three before that he didn’t get off the bench, and he’s only managed an hour in the champions league all season.
  • Not to be named as one of the 12 on the bench isn’t great for a potential buyer.
  • Ole's comments in today's press conference:

"Jesse has been brilliant since he left," ...

He is fantastic around the place and is Man Utd through and through.
    "I'm delighted for Jesse, and just wish him all the best for the rest of the season, until he comes back."

• Translation = we want good money for him.
  • I don't think he is going for more than 20m
  • Man U won't give him away. For £20m you can get un untested Championship prospect. Lingard is way above that so I would expect nearer £30m.
  • Honestly don't think any club will pay 30m for him. 1 year left on his contract. First time in his career he has been consistent with the goals needed. Can see a deal being structured that if he scores X amount or the club gets to Europe as added bonuses but just don't see a club dropping 30m on him.
  • Ex (West Ham Way) reckons Joao Mario's agent has been in contact about signing on a free this summer when his contract at Inter expires (currently on loan at Sporting Lisbon)
  • Could Mario be a decent backup for Soucek and Rice, especially if there is no transfer fee? I haven’t seen him play since the last Euros with Portugal, but he seemed decent there.
  • Quite liked him at us

He wasn't very good as an 'attacking midfielder' but he had good energy and was quite good as a box to box CM
  • Ex (West Ham Way) reckons Joao Mario's agent has been in contact about signing on a free this summer when his contract at Inter expires (currently on loan at Sporting Lisbon)

thats what an excellent season can do for a club :)
  • Mario would be an excellent signing. For no fee he would be able to play in a position to a high standard when called upon, is 28 years old, and such a signing would be de-risked by the fact Moyes already knows him well.
  • I can’t remember him in the 13 games he played for us to make us want to buy him
  • I always liked him and think now he has become a better player .And on a free would love to have him back
  • I remember him scoring a goal, and playing alright. I’m not excited by the idea of him, but anyone we sign will presumably have Moyes’ backing so I’m alright with it
  • I don't remember him playing a deeper position and I don't remember being that wow-ed by him. But if he was capable of taking a role in the midfield two, then might be a good signing, especially if we get Europe.
  • I think he showed he could play and had a few good moments but I don't think many were concerned that he left.
  • The sun reporting whilst on England duty rice sounded out maguire and Shaw on life at United, proper lazy journalism, why didn’t he just ask lingard 😂😂
  • Cuz1 said:

The sun reporting whilst on England duty rice sounded out maguire and Shaw on life at United, proper lazy journalism, why didn’t he just ask lingard 😂😂

Manchester Evening News claiming he’s interested in joining them, in the gossip column.
  • They're rumoured to be after Varane, too. I know not a lot of neutral fans don't like Man U, but I could understand why Rice might be tempted.
  • Aston Villa have told Chelsea they are not interested in a permanent deal for on-loan England midfielder Ross Barkley. West Ham are interested in signing the 27-year-old. (Teamtalk)
  • We will be 'interested' in any ex Everton player who played under Moyes.
  • Cuz1 said:

The sun reporting whilst on England duty rice sounded out maguire and Shaw on life at United, proper lazy journalism, why didn’t he just ask lingard 😂😂

Rice could have been sounding them out for the Moysiah ;)
  • IronHerb said:

We will be 'interested' in any ex Everton player who played under Moyes.

Lukaku?
  • edited April 2021

IronHerb said:

We will be 'interested' in any ex Everton player who played under Moyes.

Lukaku?
    Imagine that. I think he'd suit how we're playing so well. But at least he wouldn't be able to score against us.
  • OCS he would end up scoring a record number of own goals 😁
  • edited April 2021
    I think Man Utd would be a risk for Rice were the rumour true. My thinking is that Man Utd have been off the pace for a few season until now and so the question is have they now found their mojo again or have others underperformed? I think the second.

Liverpool have underperformed due to the injury of their very own Rice in van Diijk
    Chelsea had to play catch up as Frank struggled to get them playing, now they are.
    Mourinho has had his own personal effect on Spurs and they seem too bound to his tactics to get the best out of the players consistently.

I am also not convinced by OGS, I don't think he is top drawer, they could be around 5th or 6th next year again. I think Rice would prefer Chelsea and would be advised to go there but I don't feel they want him now Frank has gone. Certainly not whilst Kante remains.

This discussion has been closed.