Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Me personally would offer balbuena a deal he’s better than a lot out there, but what do I know
  • Cuz1, You know Haller is a good striker, oh no I've mentioned him again! =)
  • I don't imagine Balbuena is on massive wages and were he happy to play the role, Dawson was bought for I feel he is the right level for that role. No first team starter elsewhere is going to swap for 4th choice centre back, but Balbuena does not do much wrong, he is limited but doesn't make massive errors. Depending on how happy he is in the UK he may be happy to sign a deal.
  • I don't think Balbuena would sign if we offered him a new contract, he's 4th choice CB when we play a back four and 5th choice when we play a back 3. Since New Year he's made two appearances, 90 minutes against Doncaster in the Cup and 37 minutes against Leicester on Sunday.

Corriere dello Sport reckon Lazio are interested
  • West Ham are stepping up their pursuit of Sparta Prague striker Adam Hlozek, with the 18-year-old Czech Republic international also attracting interest from other clubs. (90 Min)

France forward Alassane Plea is ready to leave Borussia Monchengladbach, with Arsenal, Leicester and West Ham having previously shown interest in the 28-year-old. (Mail on Sunday)
  • I always think it's worth a shot on a French attacker arriving from a lower level German side.
  • I always think it's worth a shot on a French attacker arriving from a lower level German side.

That's a Haller-ver statement there =)
  • Tammy Abraham not even on the bench against City in the Cup despite being Chelsea's top scorer (12)

Definitely worth a punt in the summer

PS 2nd top scorer Giroud (11) was an unused substitute, available on a free. Backup?
  • West Ham United lead the race to sign Youssef En-Nesyri from Sevilla, despite Liverpool and Manchester United being linked with the 23-year-old Morocco forward. (La Razon - in Spanish)
  • West Ham United lead the race to sign Youssef En-Nesyri from Sevilla, despite Liverpool and Manchester United being linked with the 23-year-old Morocco forward. (La Razon - in Spanish)

Well Liverpool United can now drop about £200mil on him now
  • Depends if he still wants to play for Morocco.
  • well done West Ham came out and made a strong statement against
  • I don’t think anyone has posted this, but it’s from the gossip column. I personally don’t think it will happen, because we have Coufal, Fredericks, Johnson and Ashby, and why would we spend £30m on a position we are stacked?

West Ham have joined Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Tottenham in the race to sign Norwich City and England Under-21 full-back Max Aarons, with the Premier League-bound club demanding at least £30m for the 21-year-old. (Independent)

• I hate those sites where they make it really hard to reject cookies.
  • Its still there after an hour. Wonder how long before he changes it

Graduated in Sports Journalism at Solent University 2019, used to be media assistant for Basingstoke Town FC.

Also its not even his story, he links to original teamtalk.com article.
  • Antonio rumoured to be done for the season. We need a striker badly.
  • ASLEF at 10.48

Ex reckons Rice and Antonio are both recovering better than expected with Rice possibly fir for Everton and there's a chance we might see Antonio before the end of the season.

• Can't believe we haven't picked up Carlton Cole on a free
  • I think Moyes has made it more than clear that he is aware of the striker issue

But

On the plus side we have scored 6 goals in three and a half games since Antonio got injured (Lingard 3, Bowen 2, Diop 1) which isn't bad for a side without a striker
  • We have a striker Odubeko who scored 5 in 2 games for the reserves, and good goals too.
  • We don’t have one if he’s not picked
  • I think Moyes has made it more than clear that he is aware of the striker issue

But

On the plus side we have scored 6 goals in three and a half games since Antonio got injured (Lingard 3, Bowen 2, Diop 1) which isn't bad for a side without a striker

Think how many more goals we could have scored with one, and if moyes had made it more than clear why didn’t he address this instead of looking at the squad for another of those square Peggy thingys
  • I wonder what our summer budget will be? For example IF we got Lingard for £25m or so, that's probably not going to leave a lot for a decent striker never mind where else needs cover. We undoubtedly need to unload a couple .
  • Cuz1 said:

I think Moyes has made it more than clear that he is aware of the striker issue

But

Think how many more goals we could have scored with one, and if moyes had made it more than clear why didn’t he address this instead of looking at the squad for another of those square Peggy thingys
    How many do reckon then Cuz? That's like saying Laporte shouldn't have been on the pitch to score on Sunday.
  • Possibly more than the nine is what I meant you’d have thought a striker would score goals but having said that we’ve had a few that didn’t so ignore me 😂😂
  • yoyo said:

I wonder what our summer budget will be? For example IF we got Lingard for £25m or so, that's probably not going to leave a lot for a decent striker never mind where else needs cover. We undoubtedly need to unload a couple .

If you believe what was said in January, that Moyes had £30m to spend on a striker, then presumably that has rolled over to the summer. I would imagine our basic budget is in the region of £25-30m before sales, so I'm expecting Moyes to have £50-60m as a baseline.

If we have a bit of luck in terms of offloading some of the fringe players, notably Anderson, Lanzini and Yarmolenko, then there could be another £25m or so in the pot. So I reckon £85m at best.

The problem is, as you say, if we do get Lingard then that's a significant slice of the pie gone already just for the current squad to stand still. We need at least one top class striker, a central midfielder and a left back to challenge for the first team, which won't come cheap.
  • We've scored 53 goals this season, more than any season since 2015-16 when we had Carroll, Sakho and Valencia. Our top scorer was Payet
This discussion has been closed.