Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Rice just said he wanted to play in the CL. What player wouldn't?
  • And arnie 32 full of ego, no thank you imo that ship as sailed
  • IH obviously most players want to play in Europe but I hope that’s what Rice meant because we may well get EL but unlikely to get CL. Utd, City and Chelsea can pretty well guarantee CL this season.
  • They can pretty much guarantee CL football every season where realistically we can't. This is always going to be a problem. I would like Rice for another few years but my gut tells me if we miss out on Europe then this is his last season with us.
  • Bit off topic, but while I'm a fan of Benrahma and think he has a lot to offer....

I'm absolutely gutted we didn't get Eze

Fantastic player, and only cost a bit more than we sold Diangana for
  • yoyo said:

They can pretty much guarantee CL football every season where realistically we can't. This is always going to be a problem. I would like Rice for another few years but my gut tells me if we miss out on Europe then this is his last season with us.

I don’t think it will be his last. He doesn’t seem the sort to throw his toys out of the pram, and he’s got a few years left on his contract. At the absolute minimum I think he’s here for another year.
  • I think it could also go down to how much is offered and how much moyes would get to strengthen where we need to, obviously then we need to replace rice and I can think of any cheap versions of him are out there unless soucek knows of anyone ?😂😂
  • And meant to add apparently the owners have taken a 100 mil loan out so they will need to find that money too
  • edited May 2021
    alderz said:
    I don’t think it will be his last. He doesn’t seem the sort to throw his toys out of the pram, and he’s got a few years left on his contract. At the absolute minimum I think he’s here for another year.

I really hope so. I agree he's a very level headed young guy, I didn't mean Rice would demand a move. Its more that I think this could well be the time we get a serious approach and the temptation of Champions league or Europa football may be too hard to resist.
  • I think the opposite. Nobody is going to be prepared to part with the money required to get Rice, in the current COVID climate. I think summer 2022 is much more realistic.
  • Yeah, you’d think our owners would hold their nerve for at least another season and get proper money next year.

But then Covid has hit us, too, so you never know.

Rice doesn’t need to rush. He has the world at his feet. I’d hate to see him rush off to a madhouse like Chelsea or United (neither of whom are guaranteed Champions League year in, year out by the way) when he could have his pick of teams in world football in 2-3 years’ time.
  • I think Chelsea will comfortably qualify for the CL this year and win the league next year. They will spend in the summer and get the striker they are missing.
  • I’m personally not that worried about Chelsea now Lampard is gone. They still have Kante who’s been doing their entire midfield’s job in the Champion’s League.

Bit more worried about Man U, as he’s exactly that player they’re missing in their midfield. Hopefully they go for Ndidi instead. And hopefully Pep sticks by Rodri, even though I think he’s a pretty rubbish replacement for Fernandinho.
  • If Rice is going to go to someone you would hope its Man City, Walker / Sterling / Mahrez etc they literally throw the money the opposition club want for the player and get their player no 3 month long stint deadline day nonsense.
  • I really hope that if he does leave it’s abroad. It would hurt seeing him in the Premier League with another club.
  • He's too old for a German club and he's a bit of a home boy.
  • So the report is we cannot afford Lingard, is this a ploy to keep the price low or a sign of things to come, obviously paying for that new stadium has cost us :P
  • What report?
  • Possibly talking about this : West Ham's financial uncertainty means they may not be able to turn 28-year-old England midfielder Jesse Lingard's loan from Manchester United into a permanent deal. (Mail) 
  • may not
  • West Ham are planning to try and sign Chelsea star Tammy Abraham on loan when the transfer window reopens, according to reports. (Daily Express)
  • If we can’t afford to buy Lingard ( who really knows) what about a season long loan but this time with an option to buy ( hoping finances improve) ... Not saying Man U would want this tho....⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • I think his contract ends end of next season and they’ve used up their extension. So I suspect they’ll sell him to someone else or keep him rather than give us a loan but who knows.
  • Aah... then with an obligation to buy....if it helps with lack of finances unless Man U really need the dosh 💷💷
  • So humour me where’s does the 100 million or so go for staying up again ?
  • Cuz1 said:

So humour me where’s does the 100 million or so go for staying up again ?

Running costs

Made a loss of over £60mil in 19/20
  • 2019 - £135m on salaries, pensions and social security costs.
  • As cuz said humour me here but haven’t lots, if not, most of the Premier League teams had to operate with the same issues over the last year or so?
  • As cuz said humour me here but haven’t lots, if not, most of the Premier League teams had to operate with the same issues over the last year or so?

Yes
This discussion has been closed.