January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• Horsham

Well yes, because he’s an upgrade on a fully fit sanchez and never fit Wilshere.
  • So we re-signed a manager deemed not good enough not so long ago.

Now a goalkeeper deemed not good enough not so long ago.

Who are we signing next, Nortveidt?

I wonder...is Marco Boogers still available?
  • Hasn’t Fernandes got the same agent as Mourinho.
  • edited January 2020
    If Moyes wants to give us more options going forward, why doesn’t he bring back the forward he himself signed last time round

And no, I’m not talking about Hugill, but rather Oladapo Afolayan, one of the inspired post 31 Jan signings (Evra being the other). This chap is currently tearing it up at Mansfield town. He is on our payroll till summer 2021. Has not Been near our first team (obvs)
  • 22 years old. 16 appearances in League Two for Oldham and Mansfield, 1 goal.

I think he'll be paid off in the summer.
  • Has the two footed Welsh Pirlo signed yet?
  • No he’s in talks with Accrington Stanley :lol:
  • I wonder if it has dawned on reid that WH sick notes have a recent record of moving clubs and then miraculously playing regularly (AC and Byram) - might he therefore think it is better for him to seek pastures new?

• http://sportwitness.co.uk/west-ham-asked-information-loaning-wing-back-club-reflecting-possible-exit/

Valentino Lazaro is the latest name linked.

We've apparently asked Inter about a potential loan.
  • I would sign anybody who’s first name was Valentino.
  • Being linked with Barkley on the BBC
  • Nice to see we are addressing the lack of Dm options
  • Blimey Baz, don't you ever sleep or are you on a night shift. :biggrin:
  • night owl... my schedule leads to dysfunctional habits (especially when I stay up all friday night to watch the games - 430am onward and sometimes I repeat it for the sunday games :lol: )
  • Franck Kessie is being linked again. He was touted as a target in the summer and now we're going to head-to-head with Arsenal for his signature, apparently.

Milan will accept £21m, which I think rules us out this month.

Elsewhere, Martin Samuelsen has joined Hull on a permanent deal.
  • I would guess there is a max of around £5m left in the pot (if no player leaves), and my guess is they are hoping this is enough to get Joe Allen.
  • Joe who :hmm:
  • Confirmed that Samuelson has joined Hull City for an undisclosed fee.

Hopefully this is the first stage of us signing Jarrod Bowen.

• edited January 2020
    It's a nice thought ASLEF, but I'd be amazed if we got Bowen. I don't think Hull are under any pressure to sell and I doubt we'll be at the front of the queue if and when he does become available
  • alderz said:

Being linked with Barkley on the BBC

Jabob Steinberg reporting that Chelsea have rejected our loan bid for him.
  • What’s the situation with Diangana? I thought we had a clause to recall him in January.
  • MIAHammer said:

What’s the situation with Diangana? I thought we had a clause to recall him in January.

Pretty sure we do. Also pretty sure he won't be recalled. Personally, I think that's the right decision as he is thriving on loan, and I would be loathe to see us curtail his development.
  • alderz said:

MIAHammer said:

What’s the situation with Diangana? I thought we had a clause to recall him in January.

Pretty sure we do. Also pretty sure he won't be recalled. Personally, I think that's the right decision as he is thriving on loan, and I would be loathe to see us curtail his development.
    I do agree with this, but with Holland also on loan, and injury doubts over Antonio, Masuaku and Anderson, there's an argument for calling him back to give our squad some pace and directness.
  • alderz said:

MIAHammer said:

I do agree with this, but with Holland also on loan, and injury doubts over Antonio, Masuaku and Anderson, there's an argument for calling him back to give our squad some pace and directness.
    True.

It's a very West Ham situation. If we recall him everyone will get fit and he'll get absolutely no minutes. If we don't they'll all stay injured.
  • It's a nice thought ASLEF, but I'd be amazed if we got Bowen. I don't think Hull are under any pressure to sell and I doubt we'll be at the front of the queue if and when he does become available

~Hull already have plenty of wingers, I can't see why they'd bring in another unless they were expecting someone to leave.

Apparently Leeds made a £3m loan bid for Bowen, Villa have been told he'll cost £20m and they're just one of a dozen teams supposedly interested.
  • Yeah, so no chance of us getting him.
  • Unless Samuelsen was a "sweetener".
  • I can see the logic, but Samuelsen is worth, what, £1m at best? Even if they cut us a deal we'd still need to find £12-£15m minimum.

Our board has never spent that much in January, and they're not starting now, IMO
This discussion has been closed.