January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• edited January 2020

I’ve read that hull city are looking to sign Samuelson

So that should provide them cover for selling Bowen (to us)?

:hmm:

So something like £12m plus Samuelson for Bowen. Could be a good deal for us, that.

Which makes me think it won't happen.
  • Samuelson plus £15-20m I would expect. That'll put a spanner in the works.
  • One player i’d really like for us to have considered is Bradley dack

But he’s just done his ACL (12 months)

He would probably struggle to pass even a WH medical
  • I thought Dack was an attacking midfielder? We have Lanzini, Fornals and Anderson. I haven’t seen him play though.
  • edited January 2020

Strange to consider the calibre of players we have allowed to go - Adrian, Tomkins, Kouyate, Obiang, Hernandez. How we could do with some if not all, of these right now !

We obviously could do with some depth right now. However, (maybe because its Monday) none of those were pulling up any trees.

Even though I love Adrian, he was second choice and Martin as back up hasn't done badly. Adrian, understandably, was never going to sign another contract and play second fiddle to Fab.

Tomkins is no better than what we have and again wasn't cool with not being a regular starter.

I liked Kouyate but he apparently needed a fresh challenge too. Obiang was definitely not pulling up those trees when we let him go and Hernandez never fitted into the managers system (nor was a system altered for him).

None of those players were begged to stay and whilst I have nothing against any of them, there are reasons why they aren't here now
  • Loved Kouyate.
  • So..... transfers then :tumbleweed:
  • The Randolph saga: today's scan revealed that his injury will prevent him from playing for another two weeks (source: Middlesbrough official website.)
  • Have to say, what an utterly farcical situation
  • The Randolph saga: today's scan revealed that his injury will prevent him from playing for another two weeks (source: Middlesbrough official website.)

Welcome to West Ham
  • New name linked Villarreal attacker Karl Toko Ekambi.
  • It’s Toko time ( :wahoo: )
  • Ekambi, if you really want it to be... :cool:
  • Need to bring someone in who can change games for us. Not doing so considering our position is very stupid.
  • Don’t worry our director of football will get us all the players we need..... oh hang he left , don.t worry sully jr is on the case what could possibly go wrong :wahoo:
  • Yes, who exactly IS sourcing potential additions right now? From his early interviews (reading between the lines), I got the feeling it wasn’t Moyes
  • Yes, who exactly IS sourcing potential additions right now? From his early interviews (reading between the lines), I got the feeling it wasn’t Moyes

The implication from what I've seen is that Sullivan has asked his trusted agents to recommend some players.

Which, if true, suggests our recruitment is based on which of their clients these agents want to make some money on, irrespective of whether they're what we need.
  • But agents are used in a couple of ways. One where the agent represents his clients and one where a club asks an agent to represent them in a transaction. That doesn't mean, in the second case, that the agent selects the targets but makes approaches for targets selected by the club.
    That's how I see it anyway.
  • Spurs will just let us do all the scouting and hard work then just nip in and out bid us. They prob dont even employ scouts!
  • edited January 2020
    http://sportwitness.co.uk/wife-ready-go-london-player-said-recently-refused-west-ham/

Latest name linked is Dries Mertens.

33 in May and a free agent in the summer, and the cynics among us would suggest a typical Sullivan target.

But apparently he's turned us down and is likely to move stay in Serie A.
  • As the rumour mill is somewhat dry, did anyone else read that Liverpool are supposedly interested in a Turkish keeper for around eur15m. A keeper we were briefly linked with in December.

So it could be good for us - either we try and buy the keeper (must be ok if klopp is interested) - ok no chance of that happening

Or if Liverpool buy him, then we bring Adrian back - Ok, not much chance of that either
  • As the rumour mill is somewhat dry, did anyone else read that Liverpool are supposedly interested in a Turkish keeper for around eur15m. A keeper we were briefly linked with in December.

So it could be good for us - either we try and buy the keeper (must be ok if klopp is interested) - ok no chance of that happening

Or if Liverpool buy him, then we bring Adrian back - Ok, not much chance of that either

No need. Randolph's only two more medicals away from being declared fit to resume training in four weeks time.

We're all good.
  • Only 5 more injured goalies until Christmas :wahoo:
  • A goalkeeper is not just for xmas
  • Some actual transfer news :wahoo:

We've sold our U23 midfielder Joe Powell to Burton.

Don't know what you lot were worried about.
  • edited January 2020
    These truly are exciting times at West Ham United.
  • Be fair....rumours abound that we're looking for another programme seller
  • yoyo said:

Be fair....rumours abound that we're looking for another programme seller

I've heard they are not interested anymore as the injury to our old seller wasn't as bad as first feared.
  • edited January 2020
    He has also been in intensive training with our programme seller coach and has mastered the old hand the programme and take the money in one swift movement with the same hand, so we should be ok as it was his other arm that was injured.

Fab is at this very moment practicing goal kicks with his left leg.
This discussion has been closed.