January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• Even if we were to offer top money to buy a decent player would they come to West Ham?
    Our board have not really shown that they want real success since they have been at the club and we just blame manager after manager for the teams constant struggles, when the truth is we just always have mediocre players who can’t be bothered most of the time. When we do find a decent player they get fed up seeing that the board never spend real money to improve the team further and so they leave.
    We are one of the richest clubs in the World.
    When are our owners going to buy a few decent players and back up the promises they made when they bought the club. We will never progress constantly buying mediocre players
  • edited January 2020

Some actual transfer news :wahoo:

We've sold our U23 midfielder Joe Powell to Burton.

Don't know what you lot were worried about.

I'm struggling a bit with the logic of this. I mean, our central midfield options are Rice, a one-paced Noble, the hopeless Sanchez and the perennially injured Wilshere.

On top of that, we've now loaned out Coventry and sold Powell, our two starting U23 CMs.

Hopefully this means we're confident of getting some reinforcements in that area, because we could really do with it.
  • edited January 2020

Some actual transfer news :wahoo:

We've sold our U23 midfielder Joe Powell to Burton.

Don't know what you lot were worried about.

I'm struggling a bit with the logic of this. I mean, our central midfield options are Rice, a one-paced Noble, the hopeless Sanchez and the perennially injured Wilshere.

On top of that, we've now loaned out Coventry and sold Powell, our two starting U23 CMs.

Hopefully this means we're confident of getting some reinforcements in that area, because we could really do with it.
    Or they are rank ;) ...& Sanchez works so hard in training.... :wahoo:
  • Josh Cullen potentially being recalled tomorrow according to Twitter.
  • I wonder if Bishop if faster than Noble? Would upset a few of the fans that only want young players over 30m though
  • edited January 2020
    Update from Ex’s podcast (for those of you that believe):

Randolph and Boro are being strung along over the potential transfer. The board still have doubts about his fitness but have yet to commit to a decision.

A bid was placed for Etheridge, but not at the £7m reported yesterday. The actual bid was closer to £4m, which was rejected. Barry Silkman has recommended 22 year-old Genoa ‘keeper Andrei Radu as an option, and there’s another young ‘keeper we’re looking at. Ex seems to think we may see a new ‘keeper in by the beginning of next week.

In terms of midfield targets, Fernandes is likely to sign for Spurs, and the names that have been previously mentioned (Sander Berge and Joe Allen) are both still on our radar, but neither close to signing.

Seemingly no plans for a right back in this window, and no strikers mentioned, although Ex is ‘hopeful’ that we’ll see a ‘keeper, a midfielder and a striker before the end of the window. 16 days left…
  • He's usually pretty accurate. That leaves me underwhelmed...
  • Apart from former Liverpool maestro Joe Allen of course ;)
  • So Jonathan woodgate has said Randolph is having another scan and said “he’s still having the longest medical in history”

West Ham I think are the 18th largest club (by revenue) In the world

And yet this is what is has become

Tragic
  • Think "Joke" is a better word.
  • Fernandes to Spurs now complete.

18 month loan with a £42m option to buy.

Could possibly be why we didn't pursue it.
  • I think it’s more that he didn’t want to come to us. And when spurs came along as a potential “london” option for him, who can blame him?

• 18 month loan with a £42m option to buy.

BBC saying £56m. That's a lotta dosh.
  • We need a midfielder than can come in now and do the job.
  • edited January 2020
    As I said earlier.

Why would Fernandes come to West Ham ?

The board have not shown any real effort to improve the whole squad since they took over.
    One reasonable purchase every now and then is not enough to improve in the Premier league.
    Even though we are one of the richest clubs in the world on the Deloitte money league. No 18.
    It really beggars belief how many cheap older players our board have signed over the years.

It is about time they stopped taking money out of the club and backed up their original promises.

They should also get rid of Karen Brady . The only thing she has really done for this club is be involved in the selling of our ground for the awful London stadium. She has done nothing else. She talks a good game but really is just a well paid friend of Sullivan from her newspaper days.

Players look at West Ham as a team going nowhere . I mean how many years has Mark Noble been the main player in our midfield. He isn’t quick enough or creative enough or scores enough from open play to get into any other premier league sides.
    If that doesn’t show a total lack of ambition what does?
  • The guardian reckons that Randolph has passed whatever medical check he was having and will therefor sign
  • MrsGrey said:

18 month loan with a £42m option to buy.

BBC saying £56m. That's a lotta dosh.
    Steep.

And beyond our means, I'd wager.
  • He's signed
  • The guardian reckons that Randolph has passed whatever medical check he was having and will therefor sign

This could yet be the worst transfer we've ever done.

Not because it's Randolph necessarily, but because there are clearly doubts over his fitness, and he's carrying an injury that has already accounted for Martin and Fabianski (twice).

It's too big a risk to take in our situation, IMO.
  • The fact is he didn't want to come anyway :wave:

The salty part of me hopes he plays like Carlos Sanchez for them
  • Randolph confirmed.

Absolute banter club.
  • I’m disappointed we didn’t get Neil Etheridge. He would have been the better transfer.
  • I would wager that the Randolph signing has used up all the January transfer budget too :lol:
  • We signed a guy who failed a medical. Never learn.
  • I would wager that the Randolph signing has used up all the January transfer budget too :lol:

If Ex is to believed, we haven't actually spent £4m. Just cancelled the debt that Boro owed us for Randolph and Fletcher.

But you're statement is still probably true :lol:
  • What's all this I keep reading about Sullivan being able to sell the club in 18 months?
  • So we re-signed a manager deemed not good enough not so long ago.

Now a goalkeeper deemed not good enough not so long ago.

Who are we signing next, Nortveidt?
  • I believe it’s March 2023 (not 18 months) where they don’t have to pay any money to the government (I think), if the sale happens after that date.
This discussion has been closed.