January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• I would imagine a fit 37 year old Reina is better than an injured randy

At least acted quickly, as did spurs

Thus far us not acting has cost us a point
  • And better than a fit roberto or Martin unfortunately
  • What we need to do now is use Fab's injury to sign a younger, long-term keeper. Not going down this route of another back up in his mid 30s.
  • Not happening with at least one player being sold, Lukerz

I’d get rid of yarmolenko too on top of Diop.

Try and then invest in a £15-£20m replacment c/b, someone like sander berg and jarod Bowen. And another keeper.

But I doubt any of this would happen though
  • And it's not going to happen very quickly. We will have probably played and unnecessarily conceded in 3 or 4 more games by the time someone is brought in.
  • I disagree about Fab as I think his hip injury was his first injury in years.

He was injured a lot in 2012-13 but since then nothing.
  • The trouble we could possibly have is if we lose the next 3 games or so ( which unfortunately possible ) then it certainly takes away any attractiveness of coming here and clubs will put up prices on seeing our desperate State. We're in a pickle.
  • By the time Fab is back in April he would have turned 35, so injuries are going to only come more frequent

But the ball has dropped, a new 1st team GK needs to join ASAP

Roberto and Martin have cost us points, point that have come from purely a lack of ability for the premier league standard
  • Stoke put a £20m price tag on Butland a couple of months ago but they're desperate to get his wages off their books and some cash in the bank so we might be able to haggle them down or do some sort of loan deal.

• He’s better than roberto and Martin obviously but is he better than fab, and not worth 20 million imo
  • If we could get him for half of that then it's worth it imo
  • Rumour is Fernandes has chosen to join Spurs because they offered a bigger salary. Eleven days in and it appears to be shaping up to be a lot like other windows. Just waiting for Carlos Kickaball to arrive on the 31st along with Joe Allen.
  • Isn’t that a different Fernandes Spurs are after? Or are they bidding for both?
  • It’s the one we were in for. He’s chosen Spurs over us despite our being in prime position last week.
  • edited January 2020
    You can't blame him. What are his options...? Join a team where the manager speaks your language, the stadium is owned, the chairman takes a back seat and with luck they'll be in Europe or join a team where the the stadium is rented and disliked by many, as are the owners and with a bit of luck we'll still be in the Premier league.
  • He seems like hes damaged goods anyway.

Stand by for the much better than Mark Noble Joe Allen :biggrin: :run:
  • Spurs also seem to be trying to take over Man Utd’d Bruno Fernandes deal.

Both seem to show how Portuguese clubs operate, which has got them lots of money but makes buying from them very risky. That’s why I’ve never got too excited about Gedson. I hope we have others lined up.
  • If he doesn't play in goal then it doesn't really matter.
  • edited January 2020
    Don't know too much abouth Gedson, but if he can't hold down a regular spot in Benfica's team, not sure he's what we need right now, we have enough lightweights as such & as IH said, GK needs sorting 1st IMO.
  • If we do get a CM, IMO we should be trying for someone in the Marc Vivien Foe mould, and it doesn’t look like gedson is that person. We need to walk away from this one and start focusing on the keeper position in particular.

I’ve read that the club are looking to move Yarmo on which IMO would be good news if it immediately helps to fund good quality players in other positions
  • The Mirror reckons we're looking to send Yarmolenko out on loan in order
  • You mean instead of Molenkoyar ? :lol:
  • Can only assume it's to free up some space for wages, heard hes on over £100k a week
  • Can only assume it's to free up some space for wages, heard hes on over £100k a week

They saved something like £400k a week in the summer. Are we really that hard up?
  • Wage bills are capped.
  • That would be a good move if we get Etheridge, imo. He was very solid for Cardiff when they were in the PL.
  • Etheridge was dropped to the bench for todays game after conceding six at QPR.
    Looks like the perfect fit. :biggrin:
  • We need reinforcements asap.
  • We are nearly half way through the window, and what is disappointing for me is that much of our effort when it comes to transfers appears to be largely focussed on two things we don’t actually need

1. An injured keeper
    2. Some sort of advanced/creative midfielder

We will have likely gone past the Sheff Utd and Everton games which would have been (Relatively) winnable without proper reinforcements

By the time new players (hopefully) arrive it will be just in time to face the likes of Liverpool
This discussion has been closed.