January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• Fair points Outcast..Although don't think it was a bad injury, not months and months out...But I still feel, like yesterday, we had no options on the bench like him...Although he might still be injured or coming back, but my point is we need an alternative, Anderson is lacking form, Antonio is on & off injured & Lanzini playing his worst football since joining us IMO, so I feel if he can offer us something else, he is our player & should be with us, not helping along his career or another championship team, but I do respect your views :ok:
  • I know Holland needed some competitive first team football..... but he is clear and away the best prospect in our U23 (excluding those on loan)

So if Rosa and Ngekia are making our 18....wouldn't he?

Antonio is a permanent sick case and cant be relied on, so we are only missing Anderson and Yarmolenko in terms of attacking players

Yarmo seems well out of favour, so in reality the only miss yesterday was Anderson (attacking wise)

I'm happy for Holland to get minutes, but surely he could've done something for us given our lack of depth and lack of transfer activity
  • Yarmo is injured so can’t be considered.
  • edited January 2020
    I hope Holland can make the step up but from the, admittedly small amount I have seen of him he is not Premier League standard yet. He is not that powerful dynamic player that could have come on yesterday and changed the game. So for me he is better continuing his development in a lower league.
  • I only hope that the complete lack of recent transfer rumours means we are all in for a very pleasant surprise and another 2 or 3 players are going to arrive this window. Does anyone think we should go big for a CDM and use Zab as cover until Ryan is back & partner Antonio with Haller or is that too risky a plan?
  • Right back isn’t a priority for me. A centre midfielder (not defensive necessarily) is. I would like a forward with pace (either a winger or striker) but that may only happen with a loan or if Yarmolenko is sold.
  • Saw Fabianski yesterday and he said he’d be back in 10 days
  • That'll be Liverpool then. Hope his back is ok. :whistle:
  • Fredericks ahead of schedule, Antonio back for Weds but Anderson our until Feb, according to Ex.
  • Need to keep Antonio fit for remainder of the season imo
  • Cuz1 said:

Need to keep Antonio fit for remainder of the season imo

Antonio's body needs to keep Antonio fit

Hes just injury prone, dont really think you can blame the club
  • Not blaming the club more of a generalisation
  • edited January 2020
    Our training facilities are pretty poor though imo. Coincidence that we have so many injuries?
  • Good tidings

• No wonder he was so so bad, he was playing for Villa not us!!!

• David Cameron's really fallen from grace if he's now doing live blogs.
  • He's stuck at immigration after dropping his passport
  • :hmm:on loan.does that mean he may come back and be our keeper in the championship next season :whistle:
  • No, but he might be with Villa. :whistle:
  • I think WHU need to recall Josh Cullen (nearly recovered from injury) and Grady Diangana from their loans. We are short of players and need back-ups. Heaven help if the FA Cup tie throws up more injuries. I think Diangana is a batter choice than Yarmalenko and Cullen would be preferable to Sanchez, even on the bench.
  • Never mind the cup game throwing up inuries,we have to get the Leicester game out the way first :sofa:
  • edited January 2020
    We need a strong midfielder and another striker in my view desperately.

Looking at the games we have left . With the players we have 12-15 points is the most we could get. Meaning relegation.

We have a few winnable home games but will get very few points away with this current squad and how tough the games are.

How on earth has it been allowed to get this bad? It does not really look like we had any transfer window plans at all. As usual we are just drifting to the end of the window and will probably get some desperate leftovers.
  • No doubt the board will say that they tried hard to get targets but were unable, after all 7m for messi due to his age and 11m for Ronaldo who according to Dave the pigeon who is mates with the approved agent said so :lol:
  • We may criticise our transfer dealings at times but what must Alaves fans be thinking at present? they clearly have a vacancy for a keeper but what on earth have they seen that makes them think Roberto is the answer, even if they are simply paying his wages that is a deal worthy of the great Daniel Levy.
  • Newcastle signing Bentaleb. He'd have been useful for us in midfield from what I've seen.
  • Just sign somebody,Anybody :biggrin:
  • I'm free!!! (in a John Inman stylie) :biggrin:
  • Diangana started tonight, 1st game back. 2 minutes in, crocked.
This discussion has been closed.