January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• edited January 2020
    The Telegraph says we can recall Diangana before 27th January but WBA will offer £1.5m to keep him until the end of the season and another £3m to extend the loan into next season whether they get promoted or not.
  • 1.5M for a decision to keep him there and develop him :ok:
  • I’d definitely bring him back here next season, but £1.5m for what, I think, is the right decision anyway is a pretty sweet deal
  • Can anyone explain how this loan offer works. £1.5m to the end of the season. 19 games = £ 78,947.37 per game. I know the rewards of getting in the premiership are huge but just under 80k per match for Diangana !
  • I guess they feel that they would have to pay more than that to replace him. Wingers available on loan might be more of a risk (less experienced) and they may feel that they would need to buy during a window that puts players at a premium.
  • I suppose so Alderz. But at least when buying a player you have the addition of possible sell-on value. For just a loan it seems steep per match.
  • If West Brom get promoted then next year they will make 100 times the loan costs.
    Not a bad gamble.
  • More of a 1.5m gamble for us than them sitting top of the championship
  • edited January 2020
    Other teams - "Don't hang up we'll give you money"

Our board - "We're listening"
  • Alaves have agreed to loan West Ham goalkeeper Roberto for the rest of the season, according to reports.
  • Hammers co-owner David Sullivan – who is leading transfer negotiations again after the departure of Mario Husillos

:doh: :weep: :run:
  • Alaves bought Perez from us and is doing very well. Could the same happen to Roberto? Err, maybe not.

I’m guessing we’re paying a portion of his wages.
  • Don't worry Adam, he'll drop them ...
  • Hammers co-owner David Sullivan – who is leading transfer negotiations again after the departure of Mario Husillos

:doh: :weep: :run:

We knew that already though, right?

I’m expecting the owners to either delegate to Moyes or sign a new DoF over the next few months
  • Or the next few years ;)
  • Stoke have signed midfielder Jordan Thompson . Jo Allen replacement?
  • alderz said:

MIAHammer said:

What’s the situation with Diangana? I thought we had a clause to recall him in January.

Pretty sure we do. Also pretty sure he won't be recalled. Personally, I think that's the right decision as he is thriving on loan, and I would be loathe to see us curtail his development.
    What will it do to his development if he helps them win promotion and we then bring him back to play for us in the Championship?
  • edited January 2020
    IMO recall Diangana straight away, a fee of 1.5 m is peanuts if he offers us an alternative to injured players or out of form players that might just make the difference, for me it's a no brainer. If he could have been in our 18 yesterday then I cannot understand why he should not return. Beggars can't be choosers, and at present, we do not have an alternative to him...IMO get him back, regardless if people think it's good for him & his so called development at WBA, it's better 4 us if he's available to us & if he can't hack it in the PL then fair enough. IMO.
  • edited January 2020
    I was very much for keeping him at West Brom but now I say get him back. We need his energy. The kid is used to winning games and we need that mentality in the dressing room.
  • If we recall him, we have to play him. For his sake he probably needs to stay and gain more confidence, but we really need his attributes at the moment.
  • Hasn’t he just come back from quite a serious injury anyway? Maybe not best to take him out of a situation where he’s thriving at the top of the table and rush him into scrapping for survival.
  • Hasn’t he just come back from quite a serious injury anyway? Maybe not best to take him out of a situation where he’s thriving at the top of the table and rush him into scrapping for survival.

Yeh, I remember that he was injured, not sure the severity of it tho..
    He's thrived, He's proved he can do it in the championship, I personally think that by throwing him into this kind of environment would be great for him, this is the real world of playing for a team who needs results, not being in a team who win most games in a lower level , unless he feels his good enough for Liverpool or City...

I personally would like to see if he can make it or not at this level, all about personal opinions tho.
  • This side is crying out for pace.

When we get Antonio on the pitch alongside Haller, it’s a different attacking dynamic. Problem is he is not reliable, fitness wise.

So we need another pacy alternative to Antonio. You either buy one in, or you recall Diangana who is not like for like but offers you that direct pace. Up to the Dave’s at the end of the day. Give Moyes £20m for a new one or recall Diangana. They will probs do neither.

We are light up top. Hernandez, Perez, Carroll, Arnautovic traded in for Haller & Ajeti. We need a goalscorer.

Midfield is weak, as we all know. A physical player in there would do wonders for us. And RB is a problem because when Fredericks picks up how minor knock every 5 games, we need somebody who can replace him like for like, especially it Moyes wants to play he wingback system.
  • I read something yesterday that says the recall date has been and gone already so it's a moot point. Of course, the article may be wrong :lol:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/kevin-phillips-clubs-are-trying-to-sign-west-ham-attacker/
  • Lukerz :ok:

Lazaro looks like an ideal option. Pacy winger/wingback and available on loan, who can play on either flank. But reports have him going to Newcastle.

I'm worried that the board are trusting that Fredericks and Johnson will be back to cover the RB/RWB role, and hoping that Wilshere will get fit before the end of the month so they can claim he's the answer to our midfield problems.

Yeh, I remember that he was injured, not sure the severity of it tho..
    He's thrived, He's proved he can do it in the championship, I personally think that by throwing him into this kind of environment would be great for him, this is the real world of playing for a team who needs results, not being in a team who win most games in a lower level , unless he feels his good enough for Liverpool or City...

I personally would like to see if he can make it or not at this level, all about personal opinions tho.
    I don’t think he’s played since he was injured a while back. He was on the bench for the last game but not involved before that. What I mean is I don’t think he’s going to have an immediate impact on us after quite a long injury. And we don’t want to make it worse. It’s a really bad time to bring him in because after that injury, not being match fit, he might not do to well with us. He ends up not playing and we’ve wasted a chance for him to develop.

I think risking his development isn’t worth calling him back for unless we are sure he’ll play. If Antonio and Anderson are fit, he might not. I personally don’t think player development is as clear as “he’s good enough or he’s not”, I think there are moments and periods that define things for a player. Right now he’s riding a wave and to break that and then not offer him regular chances to develop in the PL could have a permanent effect. It’s a risk for and for him. I’d rather loan someone in than disturb Diangana’s progress.
This discussion has been closed.