January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• WBA must have been liaising with the WHU medical team...
  • well that is not good for him or us..Over to u the 2 Dave's....
  • You can take the boy out of West Ham etc....
  • The 1.5 million just went down to 15p and :wotsits:
  • Take the wotsits :lol:
  • steve said:

Just sign somebody,Anybody :biggrin:

That's how we finished up with Roberto. ;)
  • Diangana started tonight and BBC said https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/51039164/page/3 : "This is a real shame for Grady Diangana. Not long back from an injury, he's going off injured already, after getting hurt off the ball. Nobody was around him. He appeared to stumble while running to chase down a loose ball. He sat down on the turf and grimaced, shaking his head". Oh well, I expect he would be out of some time and that is another option now not available to WHU and should add some urgency for new signings.
  • From the same match report:
    "West Brom have picked up just four points from their past six league games after collecting 22 in their previous eight."

Does that not sound a little familiar? :hmm:
  • Out of interest how many of those six games has Grady played?
  • edited January 2020
    Hamstew said:

Out of interest how many of those six games has Grady played?

From a quick look it seems he has only played for 2 mins yesterday and about 20 mins the game before.

And a short comment from a West Brom forum. They seem to really be missing him.

Hoping it’s a niggle in the cold tonight rather than a lay off

He looked annoyed though

We miss him more than any other player
  • Nzonzi, Kessie and Suso latest names linked
  • Swear we are always linked to Nzonzi

Anyways, yes to all the above

But reality is we probably dont have the money to buy any....so in reality we are probably looking at a loan move for Nzonzi...which is a solid signing
  • edited January 2020
    David Moyes earlier this afternoon:

"We’ve been linked with a few so to identify one player would be wrong. We will try to add one player, maybe two at a push but there could be a chance we could not get anybody"

Quick straw poll. Who thinks it will be:

a) One player
    b) Two players
    c) No players
  • translated:- we are signing no one.
  • I'll choose C)
  • edited January 2020
    I'll go for a) - one player, excluding Randolph.
  • C for more unless your counting Randolph
  • As he said it today, I'm assuming he means signings in addition to Randolph.
  • Hernandez signs for LA Galaxy for £7 million reported
  • Obviously didnt pull up any trees at Sevilla given he lasted 6 months
  • No mate nine played one goal scored think I’d get 15 a season in America even at my age
  • Bertrand Traore now linked
  • edited January 2020
    McHammer said:

Bertrand Traore now linked

35 million to pay :hmm:
  • No signings and a duff older free agent at the end of the window.
    The two David’s will continue to take money from the club and the club will continue to stagnate or as it looks like go backwards.

10 years the two David’s have been here and we are exactly where we were when they took over except they have earned a fortune in interest payments and we have lost our beloved Boleyn.
    After 10 seasons we also still have David Sullivan in charge of transfers and relegation is on the cards. There has been no progress under our owners just years of waffle and lies.

For the club to progress we need a few decent players to improve our poor squad.
    Our owners are always linked with decent players but never spend the money needed to take the club forwards as they promised.
    20 million buys very little nowadays so we can probably expect very little more until the two Davids and the waste of money and space Brady decide the time is right to finish their money making scheme and sell the club.
  • In my view if we look at the team and the results alone so keeping to one side things like the move etc I feel it's hard to criticise the board this season as I feel our squad is a top half of the table squad, and that's what the board have funded.

However the problem is we have had bad injuries to key players, the squad wasn't put together with balance and some players are not performing at their best, all of which I would put down to Pelle. He was responsible for the terrible lack of support for Fabianski and the fact we sold more strikers than we replaced whilst spending on Midfielders.

The board will come in for criticism and deservedly so in my view if they don't do what is necessary to secure Moyes the means to correct these problems during this transfer window. I know its not a good window to do business and I know you can pay over the odds because its a sellers market in January due to clubs being desperate, but if you need enter the market because you are desperate then you need do it, and we desperately need an attacker to support Haller first and foremost in my view.

• ExWHUemployee -West Ham are interested in signing Sampdoria midfielder Ronaldo Vieira
  • edited January 2020
    And Fyador Chalov
    If anything can stop a disaster a Fyador can...

• In my view if we look at the team and the results alone so keeping to one side things like the move etc I feel it's hard to criticise the board this season as I feel our squad is a top half of the table squad, and that's what the board have funded.

However the problem is we have had bad injuries to key players, the squad wasn't put together with balance and some players are not performing at their best, all of which I would put down to Pelle. He was responsible for the terrible lack of support for Fabianski and the fact we sold more strikers than we replaced whilst spending on Midfielders.

Can't agree with this at all. Our limited budget is why we ended up with two free journeyman 'keepers. Does anyone believe Pellegrini or Husillos identified David Martin as a sufficient back-up for Fabianski? Ok, they may have decided on Roberto, but if the budget allowed, I'm sure they would have preferred to buy a better deputy.

Also, I doubt it was Pellegrini's deciusion to allow four strikers to leave and only bring in two. With Arnautovic going, we needed a top class striker, so it's little wonder that the majority of our budget went on Haller. Admittedly, it's Pellegrini's fault that he wasn't utilised properly, but again, with a bigger budget I'm sure he'd have brought in another forward.

And re the midfield; from what I've read Pellegrini wanted a (much needed) DM and identified Stanislas Lobotka. However, it was decided that Fornals, a more attacking player, was deemed better value for money. I believe this was heavily influenced by Sullivan who ultimately controls the club's finances. And don't forget, Pellegrini is on record as saying that if Obiang was sold, he would be replaced; he was sold, but not replaced, and that can only be because sufficient funds weren't released to do so.

Don't get me wrong, Pellegrini isn't blameless for the position we're in, but in terms of building a squad capable of challenging for the top seven, I would argue that a net spend of £25m is nowhere near enough, particularly considering the injury-prone nature of the club, and this is solely down to the board, IMO.
  • McHammer
    "ExWHUemployee -West Ham are interested in signing Sampdoria midfielder Ronaldo Vieira"

More likely to end up with Patrick Vieira.

Oh, and "Fyador" - very clever :lol: :clap:
  • Us and Milan in for Matty Cash of Forrest according to the rumour mill
This discussion has been closed.