January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• edited January 2020
    literally listing random names now. Reckon we have had 20 new names in the last 3 days for targets.
  • and I can spell non of them..
  • Some rumours floating about saying Fraser has rejected a contract at Bournemouth and we are keen

His stock has definitely fallen from last year (where he was very good)...but hes worth a shot

If anything he gives us someone who has plenty of pace and is familiar with the league
  • He would be such a good signing.
  • Sky saying cash from forest good young player if only was true
  • We'll take cash from anyone apparently. :whistle:
  • Money does grow on trees then...
  • I Sherwood like to sign him
  • Gilet :wahoo:
  • Wonder if his brother is little johnie cash
  • I've a feeling that the puns will get pounded here :whistle:
  • Tuck in I say
  • Just shows how much Sterling is worth to Citeh. :yercoat:
  • David Moyes says West Ham are trying to bring in new signings before the transfer deadline, but no new arrivals are imminent.
  • :hmm: How about old arrivals coming back :biggrin:
  • To get picked for the euros
  • I wonder why WHU are not considering bringing Hugill back from QPR loan. He is a much better option that Ajeti and from what little I have seen of him is more mobile, energetic, physical and knows the English league.
  • Pengeman,

If you had watched him last night you would see why we haven't recalled him. Lucky not to be sent off and he missed a sitter. I thought he would stand out leading the line but he didn't.
  • Jermain Defoe, on loan from Bournemouth at Rangers since January 2019, will make the move permanent by signing on a free in the summer.

He'll be 38 in October and is currently joint 2nd top scorer in the Scottish Premiership with 12 goals.

And that is all you need to know about Scottish football...
  • Just read that we are going to recall Cullen from his loan at Charlton. :hmm:

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=202001&date=20200125&time=1052
  • The headline says "CULLEN TO RETURN TO WEST HAM" but there's no mention of that in the article, just that his contract "expires in the summer. The Hammers do have a year's option and it seems they will activate the clause".

Except two days ago Cullen confirmed that we have already triggered the extension clause to the local press.

Obviously news travels slow in SE9.
  • Redknapp would have bought a full squad by now after that performance
  • Ten years ago S&G would have announced we were signing a £100k a week striker

Thankfully Benni McCarthy, Mido and Ilan have retired.
  • The way things are at West Ham it would be surprising if our board were able to get any decent player to join West Ham.
    There is obviously no clear plan or any clear target that has been earmarked and we just seem to be consistently trying to get players on loan as we don’t want to pay out large sums of money.
    What player would join this club at the moment anyway. This club is a players graveyard. Anyone who does come here loses their ability to play football and some like Sanchez can’t even kick the ball straight.
    The terrible mismanagement of Sullivan Gold and Brady backed up by the terrible Captaincy of Mark Noble has nearly killed this club.
    Many fans are starting to lose any enjoyment they used to get from this team and there is a terrible air of unhappiness surrounding this terribly run club.
    With relegation now looking pretty close, unless you had no option whatsoever why would you come to a team that could finish you as a player.
  • Thing is it runs deeper than that. We have some solid pros with pride. Cresswell, Zabaleta, Snodgrass, Noble, Rice, Fornals etc. These are not players with poor attitudes who don’t give two hoots.

We just have a generic sense of lethargy around this club & have done for the last decade. No drive & self motivation to push on, no desire from the owners to transform the club they claim to love into something more than the sum of its parts, no development behind the scenes, no managerial appointments looking to build a long term vision, inconsistent & sporadic investment in player recruitment, no upgrades to the training facilities/scouting/infrastructure. Reactionary managerial appointment as opposed to decisive & proactive ones. It just goes on. They will say they backed this club should we go down. They will say £100m for Pellegrini was more than enough. But over a decade, 9 of which have been as a PL club, is that really enough?

In the end, the players only produce a reflection of the club. Randolph, Cresswell, Zabaleta, Noble, Rice, Lanzini, Masuaku...these were all here playing regularly last time Moyes was in charge.

The players are merely a current reflection of the way things are ingrained at this club & it is contagious. Still relying on Noble to come on & spark us into life at the age of 33. Says it all.
  • I think that Joe summed it up perfectly and also Steve made a couple of very good points .
    Our policy is scattergun there is no plan it’s just hope from the board.
  • On reflection I don’t think the situation we are in is any different than when Terry Brown owned the club.

The difference is expectation and promises made.
  • The recruitment point really hits home

When we buy players like Haller, Anderson, yarmolenko, payet etc, we are obviously going to be happy as we can only judge on what we see/hear as the end of the day we are just fans and dont know the ins and outs of each player we get

But the scouts...this is there job. They need to look beyond someone's whoscored page, they need to identify their ability, and how they will fit in

There is no cohesion with the club recruitment, I genuinely take on board every rumour as we are just as likely to sign an 18 year old prospect, a European talent, a past his prime has been, a good player in bad form, a bad player in good form, someone who everyone knows, someone not a single person has ever heard of

It's just madness, and it seems like we are being run like an amateur club, or someone who plays FIFA/football manager
This discussion has been closed.