January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• Lukerz
    "Walker-Peters also in talks."

That would be Levy hanging out the carrot until the end of the transfer window, and then saying "sorry, the boy's chosen another club, never mind"

Is the correct answer.
  • edited January 2020
    Cuz, he's probably chillin' with his missus. :biggrin:
  • edited January 2020
    OCS
    A Czech fan who just happens to be his agent as well? :biggrin:
  • Hamstew said:

Anyway who the hell is he?

6'4" defensive midfielder. Czech international. Penalty taker. 24 years old. Blonde.

His YouTube highlights are basically headers and penalties, including a panenka. Have never seen him play or heard him linked with anyone else.

At least it's a signing in the right area of the pitch, and an immediate upgrade on Carlos 'Hackney Marshes' Sanchez.
    Blonde you say. Interesting. Very interesting :hmm:
  • OCS
    A Czech fan who just happens to be his agent as well? :biggrin:

Where did it all go wrong :lol:
  • Cuz, he's probably chillin' with his missus. :biggrin:

Where did it all go wrong :lol:
  • https://www.hammers.news/club-news/west-ham-reportedly-set-to-miss-out-on-steven-nzonzi-as-he-closes-in-on-rennes-switch/

Hopefully good news for most of us on here based on the comments seen?

Another news source states Walker-Peters is going to Southampton on loan which will be more to Mr Levy's liking.
  • edited January 2020
    Ok now you're just picking ex and current players names at random.
  • Yes Neill Parker Dicks also linked....
  • This is quite an exciting description of Soucek's style. I hope he really is this good.

(You might have to click through and read it on Twitter to see the full thread of tweets)

• Get the boy.

• So who does everybody think he will sign for in the morning. I think Spurs.
  • He also says this:

"That's about all I have, but before I go, one caveat:
    Souček's best years overlap with Slavia having a very smart coach and attacking & defending (& moving) like one man. They hardly get outnumbered, they dictate.
    Can Moyes provide that basis? Another matter altogether."

And that's the point. West Ham never play like that.
  • That description actually makes him sound a lot like Declan Rice. On one hand, it's not the box-to-box midfielder a lot of us want. On the other hand, I think Rice could do a more energetic role if he was freed up by someone else to do the steadying work.
  • He sounds so much like Declan Rice the cynic in me thinks they have already decided to cash in on him at the end of the season. The optimist in me thinks it will allow Rice to be the versatile player the club needs with such an imbalanced squad, he can readily fit in at Centre back and he can also be a more pressing midfielder as he has shown glimpses of when we have been chasing games lately.
  • Yeah and Declan Rice is actually way more technically gifted than he's shown and his kind of gangly appearance suggests. I think Nasri even hinted at it when Rice scored his first goal. I guess, if this new guy works, we'll at least see Rice freed up to perform at another level for the rest of the season - because we need it.

I actually doubt the end of this season would be a good time to sell him. Rice has been one of the better players but still not at his best. I have no doubt he'll get back to it if we can sort the team out but it seems his price tag might be a bit low this summer. Another good season would make him a more solid bet for someone to bet on. (Unless Man City choose him as a future Fernandinho replacement, which I'm not sure he's shown he's quite up to yet).
  • West Ham to sign Tomas Soucek for £13m from Slavia Prague
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51285153
  • Moyes said in today's press conference that Soucek is having a medical, and there's a bid in for another player. No names mentioned.
  • ExWHUemployee says West Ham have made offers for AC Milan striker Krzysztof Piatek, Atletico Madrid right back Sime Vrsaljko, Nottingham Forest’s Matt Cash and an unnamed right-back at another English club.
  • Am I correct in saying he said it wasn't a striker?
  • loan offers I imagine ? or someone is getting sold to finance these deals.
  • edited January 2020
    Hamstew said:

Am I correct in saying he said it wasn't a striker?

You are. Well, he actually said it wasn't a goalscorer, which doesn't rule out a striker if previous signings by this club are anything to go by.

He also said it wasn't Matt Cash.

The Boleyn Insider ( :wahoo: ) would have been all over this.
  • edited January 2020

You are. Well, he actually said it wasn't a goalscorer, which doens't rule out a striker if previous signings by this club are anything to go by.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  • On 27 January 2019 Vrsaljko was ruled out for at least six months, due to left knee ligaments surgery. He's 28 and only played 46 times since 2016. Bit of a worry. :whistle:
  • West Ham to sign Tomas Soucek for £13m from Slavia Prague
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51285153

Never heard of him before we were linked

He ticks boxes though, even from his description (which granted sounds very promising) he isnt quite what I thought we need

But he fills a need, is a good age, seems a decent physical specimen and at least means we'll never have to see asanchez again
  • edited January 2020
    Krzysztof Piatek,: :quaver: Give us K, Give us an R :quaver:
    Second thoughts, forget it ! :yercoat:
  • Yesterday, Slavia Prague were holding out for 20million against West Ham's offer of 17million, now they've accepted 13million. :wahoo:
This discussion has been closed.