January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• So by going off the rumour trends atm, that even if we get Soucek in we are still looking at another CM and a RB

Personally I think we really need to add a pacey winger and a striker (as Ajeti obviously isnt fancied)

Gonna be an interesting (and likely disappointing) last few days
  • Soucek = penalty taker , just sayin.
  • I would not hold your breath or at any time not go to bed.
  • 2 Spanish clubs interested in Sanchez. The bidding war could mean we get a packet of Revels and a bag of :wotsits:
  • I'd personally opt for a jug of Sangria.
  • McHammer said:

2 Spanish clubs interested in Sanchez. The bidding war could mean we get a packet of Revels and a bag of :wotsits:

That's two Spanish clubs I've immediately lost respect for.
  • Did we really pay £4 million for him :doh:
  • Most expensive worsits in the world
  • So is this signing ever going to be announced?
  • I recall when Trevor Francis became the first footballer to command a £1.00m transfer fee and the media at the time thought the world was going to hell in a handbasket, and we paid £4.00m for Sanchez,

Gawd help us :weep:
  • ExWHUemployee claimed that Metz forward Habib Diallo is an option for the Hammers
  • Soucek pictured at the OS

• edited January 2020
    He looks old
  • Gone for experience.....
  • And he’s small
  • I reckon they won't announce it until after the game humiliation tonight. Try to soften the blow a bit.

Elsewhere, we're in advanced negotiations with Celtic midfielder Olivier Ntcham, according to footmercato.net
  • I reckon they won't announce it until after the game humiliation tonight. Try to soften the blow a bit.

Elsewhere, we're in advanced negotiations with Celtic midfielder Olivier Ntcham, according to footmercato.net

https://beta.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/25/christ-sake-45m-celtic-star-slated-after-woeful-game/?amp

Let's hope not
  • Soucek pictured at the OS

According to TalkSport no one at West Ham has actually seen him play. Moyes has probably looked at a 5min Utube video and said he’s got two legs, he’ll do.
  • Tis official
  • “I watched him play twice against England and all his Champions League games this season, and I’ve got to say he scored some incredible goals, mainly with his head. I’m hoping we’ve got a balance of something, if we need him to play deeper, if we need him as an attacking midfielder.“

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/28/david-moyes-west-ham-sign-younger-players?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
  • They've completed the paper work before he sees tonight's game and changes his mind😀
  • DJ Hammer said:

Soucek pictured at the OS

According to TalkSport no one at West Ham has actually seen him play. Moyes has probably looked at a 5min Utube video and said he’s got two legs, he’ll do.
    You had me at ' according to TalkSport' :biggrin:
  • Everton reject an £85mil bid from Barca or Richarlison....
  • Bet everyone wishes we had signed Traore on the cheap now. No end product blah blah. Exactly the type of player we have been needing for years.
  • IBL completely agree

We were linked to him at Boro and I thought he would've been great, you could see the raw potential even then
  • Today's ransoms

McLean at Norwich
    And....
    Kalu formerly of Chelsea
  • So has Moyes settled on this 5 at the back?

If so, where does he see his best XI

Is he going to play Rice - Soucek - Noble as a midfield 3? Surely we dont need 3 holding midfielders with a back 5...or does he drop Noble

What is his plans for Snodgrass who's been a regular under him , or Fornals who he doesnt seem to rate

Fab
    Fredericks Diop Ogbonna Cresswell Masuaku
    Noble Soucek Rice
    Anderson Haller

Or does he drop to a back 4 when Anderson is back for Masuaku dropping out

Fab
    Fredericks Diop Ogbonna Cresswell
    Anderson Rice Soucek Lanzini
    Antonio Haller
  • We have the players, on paper at least, to be able to play a number of formations, even inside the same game.

Start 4-4-2, for example, but Rice could always drop into a back three and allow Fredericks and Masuaku to play as wing backs in a 3-5-2.

From the sounds of it, Soucek can play as a DM or box-to-box CM, which again gives us options to change it up during a game.

Antonio can play wide right in a 4-3-3, or centrally in a two with Haller.

The problem is our players have has such a bad season that I don't think they have the confidence to make these transitions work, nor do I think Moyes is the best manager to be able to make it work.

If we do manage to stay up, and he's given the summer to work on the squad and bring in a few of his own players, he may be able to do it.
  • Bet everyone wishes we had signed Traore on the cheap now. No end product blah blah. Exactly the type of player we have been needing for years.

:hmm:

I'm not convinced it would have panned out quite the same for him had he joined the footballing juggernaut that is West Ham.
  • McHammer said:

Today's ransoms

McLean at Norwich
    And....
    Kalu formerly of Chelsea

Ransom? :nonono:
This discussion has been closed.