January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• Whu

Some good points. I also like your comment about FIFA football manager, that just about sums it up
  • I disagree with most about the scattergun approach, in terms of our signings under Pellegrini. There was a plan to adhere to Pellegrini’s style of play. He likes to play with the ball on the ground, with possession in the opponents half.

List of attacking players brought in under Pellegrini:

Wilshere - good with the ball
    Yarmolenko - good with the ball
    Anderson - good with the ball
    Haller - good with interplay
    Fornals - good with the ball
    Perez
    Nasri

The fact that it didn’t work out, is the fault of Pellegrini and the players themselves.

In terms of this window, I will wait until the end of the windows to see if/who we bring in. And if they suit Moyes.
  • All these loan deals with an option to buy just in case we get relegated then they don't have to honour them. Norwich are bottom of the league & are managing to bring new players in so are Aston Villa but we haven't so far. Midnight Friday is looming large and will the players we need arrive?
  • Sky Sports reckon we've made a £12m bid for 22yo Nottingham Forest RB Matty Cash but Moyes says "I genuinely don’t think we’ve made an offer".

Doesn't he know which players we're bidding for? This doesn't sound good.
  • He’s made a £5 million bid for hugill then realised he’s ours anyway :lol:
  • We have no money despite being in the top 20 richest clubs...
  • All our debt is owned by the owners
  • When you look at the underperforming players we signed (eg Haller), I don't think these are bad players at all. We just haven't played them in the right way. I'm confident if they moved to another club who play the right way, these players would perform to a much higher level than they do for us. We simply aren't playing to their advantage.

Rather than signing the best player(s) possible we can get within our budget, we need to look at our squad and work out our weaknesses. Then once this has been established, find players that could fit this mould who we could bring in.

Eg:
    - Lack of pace/flair/dribbling ability
    - No steel or grit in the middle of the park
    - A strike partner who would work well alongside Haller

If we need to free-up money, we need to look at:
    - Too many so-called "ball-playing" attacking midfielders in the same mould. I'd recommend selling Lanzini and Yarmolenko as quite frankly they're overrated. We could still get reasonable transfer fees for each of them before other clubs have clocked on to how average they really are. With this money, it'll help spend on the above requirements.
  • Apparently we will take 1 million for Sanchez!
    I bet we would!!
  • I’d let him go for five pence over fiver years no interest
  • To get rid of him we might need to give them a million quid...
  • To get rid of him we might need to give them a million quid...

That would be a master move from the D's...
  • I'd take one of these...
    Not a whole jar, just one

• Decent enough from what I've seen.

But why are we even considering Spurs players? There's no way Levy will sell to us, let alone loan a player to us.
  • edited January 2020
    In advanced talks to sign N’Zonzi & Soucek travelling for medical & personal terms (confirmed by current club chairman).

Walker-Peters also in talks.
  • Actual transfer news :hmm:

This feels weird
  • Actual transfer news :hmm:

This feels weird

:hmm:
  • Lukerz said:

Actual transfer news :hmm:

This feels weird

:hmm:
    Ex says it's a done deal :hmm:
  • Anyway who the hell is he?
  • Hope our single Scout has put the hours in making sure this guy is what we need
  • edited January 2020
    IMO, re. N'Zonzi, it's a terrible mistake to sign a foreign player over the age of 30, they're at the end of their careers and just looking to top up their pension - a bit like Pelle.
    Tomáš Souček on the other hand would be good, only 24 and a Czech international, just need a box to box midfielder now, oh and a right back. :biggrin:
  • Hope our single Scout has put the hours in making sure this guy is what we need

I heard he’s got 10 computers running football manager all at once
  • soucek could be a good signing ,but not holding out hope .....NO TO N,zonzi
  • Hamstew said:

Anyway who the hell is he?

6'4" defensive midfielder. Czech international. Penalty taker. 24 years old. Blonde.

His YouTube highlights are basically headers and penalties, including a panenka. Have never seen him play or heard him linked with anyone else.

At least it's a signing in the right area of the pitch, and an immediate upgrade on Carlos 'Hackney Marshes' Sanchez.
  • Also, this from a Czech fan:

• What’s Peter crouch doing ?
  • Lukerz
    "Walker-Peters also in talks."

That would be Levy hanging out the carrot until the end of the transfer window, and then saying "sorry, the boy's chosen another club, never mind"
  • In January especially teams normally always hold out until the end to try and get top dollar. Not as easy as Joe Cole makes out, but agree with the mis-matched squad. I think having either Carrol or Hernandez as lone strikers was the most bizarre mis management I've seen for years. We now have Haller or some geezer from Switzerland that looks like he is learning to play the game from scratch. Anyway, trust in Moyes to balance it all out.
This discussion has been closed.