West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• Easy, just Pulis down a list of current English managers
  • Every cloud as a silva lining
  • If we get Moyes in there will be more protests imo.
  • And if we can’t find a new manager we should potter about looking for one
  • Some of the names mentioned, Howe, Arteta, are imo , pie in the sky. IF Pelle goes then I think he will be replaced by someone unemployed ( with the possible outside exception of Benitez , as they have previous ) and therefore free. With that in mind then take your choice with who's available.
  • Yep there’s no chance sully will pay off our existing manager AND pay the comp to get one already in a role. It hasn’t been there approach in their quarter of a century of club ownership so I doubt they’d change now. And why should they given it is a proven model which has yielded them zero trophies
  • Dont bring me dowwwn, Bruce!
  • Do you have to pay compensation if a manager resigns to join a new club ?
  • Hamstew said:

Do you have to pay compensation if a manager resigns to join a new club ?

A moot point. Who in their right mind would resign to join us.
  • If a manager breaks his contract then his club can justify a compensation claim. I believe some have specifics pertaining to compensation (and amounts) in their contracts. I also read Poch is still on Spurs payroll so they can claim compensation from his new employers
  • Some good Italian managers that Canio do good job with the current squad.
  • Personally, I would go with a different policy. All our managerial changes have been experienced ones; Sam, Bilic, Moyes, Pellegrini. None have pulled up trees (minus the final Boleyn season).

I would go for somebody like Scott Parker. Would get fans onside, would follow a recent trend in football of recent former players getting breaks in football (Lampard, Gerrard etc), add to that he knows what the fans at the club demand, played for us for 5 seasons, London lad etc.

He did a very good job at the back end of last season with Fulham, & they are currently 3rd in the Champ. Clearly he has some tactical nous about him. He would not be just a sentimental appointment, it would be a smart one, but a slight risk & change of policy from the owners.
  • Permanent managers recruited by G&S:

Barry Fry
    Trevor Francis
    Steve Bruce
    Alex McLeish
    Sam Allardyce
    Slaven Bilic
    David Moyes
    Manuel Pellegrini

Would be a massive change of direction for them to go down the Scott Parker route.
  • If anyone knows how to give a rousing pep talk it is Scott Parker as we should well know
  • :hmm: How about Mark noble as player coach ,would be a cheep option for the 2 daves :biggrin:

Barry Fry
    Trevor Francis
    Steve Bruce
    Alex McLeish
    Sam Allardyce
    Slaven Bilic
    David Moyes
    Manuel Pellegrini

Would be a massive change of direction for them to go down the Scott Parker route.

Arguably appointing Pelle was somewhat of a change in direction in itself

However they don’t appear to favour younger managers on a positive upwards career path
  • My choice for what its worth, would be
    Sean Dyche with Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole as assistants.
    Or
    Eddie Howe also with Rio and Joe.
    Imo these guys are within our reach/gettable.

Barry Fry
    Trevor Francis
    Steve Bruce
    Alex McLeish
    Sam Allardyce
    Slaven Bilic
    David Moyes
    Manuel Pellegrini

You missed Avram Grant and you could say that Moyes wasn't permanent as they had supposedly agreed a deal with Pellegrini before they signed Moyes.

S&G certainly seem to have a habit of hiring managers with plenty of experience so it would be a change for them to consider Scott Parker for the role

My choice for what its worth, would be
    Sean Dyche with Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole as assistants.
    Or
    Eddie Howe also with Rio and Joe.
    Imo these guys are within our reach/gettable.

Imo neither of them have any reason to leave Burnley or Bournemouth for West Ham as its not a step up, its a sideways move at best.
  • We need a keeper before a new manager imo
  • edited November 2019
    Jack Butland? With him and Robertgo in goal together we should be better off!
  • ASLEF, my therapist said it was best to forget Grant, which obviously I managed.

Now he's back in my head and I can hear those voices again (wibble)
  • I think Jack Butland would be a good option, experienced, knows the league, adds to English quota. Seems like a no brainer to me.
  • Grant I can just about cope with but rodent :weep:
  • Somewhat ironic that Slav's West Brom are top of Champo with Diangana, and the rate we're going could see us trading places with them.
  • At least then we'll know he can cut it in the champo and we can reemploy him after we give Moyes another chance for 6 months :ok:
  • Somewhat ironic that Slav's West Brom are top of Champo with Diangana, and the rate we're going could see us trading places with them.

I think the most interesting thing about Bilic at WBA is that they are a team I always associate with slow, plodding football, and he has turned them into a pacey, exciting unit. It's a shame he couldn't do it with us in the end.
  • Always thought we were at our best under Bilic as a counter attacking unit, hence why we were so good against the better sides and that's similar to how hes set up WBA

It was the season after where we moved to the OS where there was more pressure for us to be on the front foot where we stagnated

Unfortunately I dont think Slav is too flexible, he didnt really have an answer when it wasnt working, he wasnt great at stopping a rut

Will be interesting to see what happens when teams learn how to defend against WBA
  • Slav in honeymoon period
  • Always thought we were at our best under Bilic as a counter attacking unit, hence why we were so good against the better sides and that's similar to how hes set up WBA

It was the season after where we moved to the OS where there was more pressure for us to be on the front foot where we stagnated

Unfortunately I dont think Slav is too flexible, he didnt really have an answer when it wasnt working, he wasnt great at stopping a rut

Will be interesting to see what happens when teams learn how to defend against WBA

Be interesting what happens when we learn to defend
This discussion has been closed.