Rubbish management
  • My preferences for a manager in order:
    Benitez
    Wilder
    Howe
    Kovac
    Santo
    Moyes

• I reckon We'll only get a freebie replacement . Can't see the board buying out Benitez's contract....I wish they would though
  • My choice in order would be.
    1 Benitez
    2. Howe
    3. Moyes

I don't see the Dave's buying out either Benitez or Howe, so Moyes would be the other option... we need a manager that knows the PL, no gambles from abroad please.
  • Just get in Benitez

Can work under a strict budget

Works well with underperforming players

Bit uninspiring football and a bit underwhelming when he is actually given a budget
  • Getting rid of Pelle now will make G&S even more of a laughing stock than they already are.

It’s too late so they need to let Pelle get on with it now - let him buy some more players (or not as per their whim). If relegation then comes many will say that g&s fully deserve it.
  • I’ve seen names like Pochettino, Mourinho and Ancelloti mentioned in the recent past both here and elsewhere.All are successful managers as is Pellegrini but it just doesn’t work with our with our current owners.With the possible exception of Pochettino all have had a near bottomless pit of funds to buy players.
    IMHO we as a club have two options.:Get bought out and get rid of the current owners and start again.Or, set our sights a lot lower in terms of the manager we could get and carry on as normal.
  • Getting rid of Pelle now will make G&S even more of a laughing stock than they already are.

It’s too late so they need to let Pelle get on with it now - let him buy some more players (or not as per their whim). If relegation then comes many will say that g&s fully deserve it.

Wait, what? Why is it too late? We’ve only played half a season!

I would say 5-10 games to go to sack someone would be too late.
  • We've played over half a season and I reckon you could say both Liverpool games and games against Spurs, Man U, Man City, Leicester, Wolves, Chelsea, are almost certain loses. Then there are games Like Everton, Burnley, Brighton, Arsenal where we usually lose. Running out of games I'm afraid.
  • “Don’t like to see managers sacked, but there needs to be a change”

Danny Gabbidon
  • A source on KUMB claiming he has gone...
  • I want him gone, but it would be a very odd time now with another game in just a few days. Surely no time to get a new manager in before it.
  • Dalian Yifang were 11th when Benitez took over in July, P13 W3 D5 L5, they went P17 W7 D3 L7 under him, finished 9th. Okay, I suppose.

I can't see him leaving a club after 6 months unless we make him an absolutely amazing offer on transfer spending.
  • Please not Eddie Howe. His side are unravelling almost as quickly as ours. And it goes without saying, not Moyes or hughton either. If those were the choices I’d rather we stick with Pelle even though I’m surprised to be saying it
  • Hamstew said:

He's gone

What
  • gone :thumbsup:
  • Had he gone
  • Just opened the 'official' thread
  • :whistle:
    Thought you said his gone
  • We are in this mess as we had a really poor transfer window that did not address the problems in the team balance in fact they probably got worse
  • imagelost said:

We will be eaten alive in championship

Yeah, but we won't be in the Championship, so it's never no mind.

Personally, I thought Moyes had got us pointing in the right direction. I'd have him back over Pelle.
This discussion has been closed.