West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• Mrs G, I know from personal experience how much money I have won playing the lottery over many years. :weep:

Is it a lot, Ted?
  • Pellegrini should have gone at least 5 games ago so a new manager could settle in, see what he had and make plans for the transfer window of ins and outs. Unfortunately we will be in the bottom 3 after Saturdays games so will be difficult to attract a decent manager as a replacement.

GSB can't blame anyone but themselves as the writing has been on the wall for some time now, instead they dither and their dithering is infecting the club, They dither, the manager dithers (especially when making subs - discusses it for 10 mins with his sidekick and by then it is too late to be effective), the players dither on the ball and can't decide what to do with it.

Manager needs to go, board and owners need to go for the good of the club. We also need to get someone who can identify decent players to purchase, the last lot haven't exactly set the games on fire - none have put in any memorable performances.
  • Another thing I noticed- when there was a break in play the Palace players were on the touchline receiving instructions from Hodgson - ours were arguing with the ref while Pellegrini aimlessly wandered around in his technical area. Speaks volumes I think.
  • I never thought pelle was this bad
  • edited December 2019
    I don’t think I could have summed it up better Adme

The key word being dither and it is spot on

Over a quarter of a century that trio has owned/run football clubs. They have won nothing and generally the clubs they have been with have pretty much sleep-walked. They may well be very good at spinning a good yarn but IMO they are not good nearly as good at what they do than they doubtless think they are. Birmingham hardly progressed by the time they left and we certainly haven’t

At least Birmingham fans can be grateful that they didn’t sell their ground from under them too.
  • 23 pages this thread, “West Ham’s Next Boss” is on, and yet we are still with the current one, probably till at least the end of the season :lol:
  • Ex has been saying Moyes is likely to return if Pellegrini goes. I do not want that. I don’t think Moyes delivered anything better than what we’ve been doing the last month or so.
  • Think the owners didn’t offer moyes a contract for a reason
  • Because they already had the deal in place for Pelle. I have always liked Moyes and believe he would be a good longer term solution for us and within reach!
  • Moyes is the man
  • Moyes is the man

I'm beginning to agree
  • Moyes is the man

I am not sure about that. But I think Pellegrini is definitely NOT the man. He can't make the players train properly, and their fitness level is nowhere near acceptable. Neither can he unite the team and motivate them. Noble lashing out at Ogbonna was truly ugly. I want the end of the current shambles.
  • Am I right in saying buying Hugill and not buying Dendoncker were both Moyes decisions? I’m not sure I want him back

If it’s a short term fix we are after to get the side properly organised, fitter and working harder, then no-one would come close to Sam IMO
  • I didn't see Noble lashing out at Ogbonna, what was that about, why did he do it?
  • Not sure, but it was the quickest reaction he’s shown for years.
  • edited December 2019
    Invariably, when a manager cannot seem to motivate the team, when there's a patent lack of effort, passion and fitness, you can go one of two ways...

You can either get rid of the under performing players or you can seek someone else to try and accomplish this. I realize that's pretty simplistic and whilst a big part of me would love to get rid of everyone and start from scratch, that obviously not feasible.

So, for me, instead of stumbling down a path with next to no confidence that things will alter for the better, we should be saying goodbye now (actually before now!) and giving someone new as much time as possible.

I admit to not really caring to much of an extent as to who the new boss should be. That's mostly due to the lack of confidence in the players to pull their fingers out. We need a new manager bounce. We also need a system(s) in place that the players respond to and understand plus is actually effective. For the short term, it doesnt really matter what system or manager it is as long (as said) as it short term at least effective.

Someone who will inspire not just the team but us too...

Currently, to stay up, we need to make sure Villa, Watford and Norwich don't out point us in the second half of the season (or if a team like Watford revert to being at least mid table level again we need to out point the likes of Newcastle, Brighton, Bournemouth and Southampton).

If that's too much of an ask for any new person then that's what fate dictates. I dont think its that much to ask for considering our squad...

• Please,please,please......no Bfs or redknapp. :nonono:
  • edited December 2019
    I think what it shows is without a different way of thinking from the top, the club ultimately will go nowhere & always fail to reach it’s potential.

We have had several managers under G&S: Zola, Grant, Sam, Bilic, Moyes, Pellegrini.

Taking out one amazing season where we finished 7th under Bilic, the highest any of those managers has achieved is 10th. On the rare occasions we have started a season well, it has petered off after January when the owners have decided that they are happy with taking our chances that form will continue for another 5 months, it only has once.

So they are either 1) not appointing the correct manager in the first place or 2) not providing the necessary resources for that manager to thrive (I don’t just mean player purchases, but also club infrastructure developments, training ground, scouting, medical team, science, facilities).

I get the point made that not many managers are bought out of their contracts by clubs, but if you are always selecting from a pool of limited options, you are highly unlikely to find your idea candidate. A quick scroll down the PL sees at least 8 clubs who have managers that were in jobs when they appointed them.

Given everything & the current situation, Rafa is probably the highest level of manager we can attract, but it means paying him out of his contract. To be honest, if it meant we got him, I would happily sacrifice not signing a single player in January. Rafa would sort this current squad out no problem.
  • Players are not fit and do not seem to want to play for Pellegrini. Players like Haller, Lanzini, Anderson, Diop and mere shadows of their former selves and Rice's progress has halted. Definitely need a new manager as Pellegrini does not seem to be able to motivate or direct players. Need a new manger now.
    At least Moyes, got them fitter and also made tactical changes (remember 3-5-2). First priority has to be safety and attractive football then follows. At the moment we are getting neither. I would like to Moyes at the helm. He knows the EPL and has a point to prove after his MAN U exist and the last short-term contract at WHU.
  • Moyes not for me, we didn’t survive because of moyes, more because there were worst sides than us to go back to moyes is not the answer imo
  • Pengeman said:

I would like to Moyes at the helm. He knows the EPL and has a point to prove after his MAN U exist and the last short-term contract at WHU.

Why would he come back to WHU after the last time?
  • If the rumours of are to be believed he is happy to come back but only on a long term contract.
  • Probably because nobody else wants him
  • I dont want Moyes.....But I dont want Pellegrini

It all seems a dreary whatever way you look at it

Cant say I'm too familiar with managers in world football....but no names immediately come to mind except Rafa
  • I did not want Moyes before and I do not want him now, I cannot begin to imagine the ribbing I will get from the Sunderland supporting side of my family if we go back for him.

It simply does not bear thinking about :weep:
  • I want Pelle to go now and the guy who prepped us for the Chelsea game to be given a chance to the end of the season
  • I certainly want Pelle gone..I also don't want Moyes..Sadly it's a no win situation.. :weep:

• edited December 2019

Sadly it's a no win situation.. :weep:

A bit like our current form then :lol:
  • edited December 2019
    To think that, given our ground has been given up, that it has to be choice between our current manager who seems very short of ideas, and the likes of moyes or hughton. A farce.
  • BUT ........................ under both Sam and Moyes, their previous teams played some decent stuff with sufficient backing from their owners. Unlike our current lot.

I think, and of course merely my own opinion, that given the squad that we currently have could achieve a whole lot more than Mr Laid Back Pelle has
This discussion has been closed.