West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• Re: Moyes - his last job was actually with us. It is probably safe to assume he has thrown his hat into the ring for various vacancies when they have come up (including quite a few PL ones). So why is he still not employed? - do clubs not think he is good enough (any more)? Or are the clubs not a good enough option for him? :hmm:
  • In another dimension, if Klopp was our manager we can assume for the sake of argument that we would improve, but which players would he drop/get shot of and which players would flourish under him?
  • In another dimension, if Klopp was our manager we can assume for the sake of argument that we would improve, but which players would he drop/get shot of and which players would flourish under him?

Not sure who be here
  • I can’t think of many things more far fetched than Klopp being the manager of West Ham as an employee of David Sullivan
  • edited December 2019
    Baracks, the clue was in the 1st three words, meaning that a little imagination is required. ;)
  • baracks,

IMHO I thought it was telling Moyes didn't go back in at Everton where he had his most successful time as a manager.

The common belief is G&S won't pay any compensation for a manager so that makes their dithering about Pelle even more frustrating when Jose & Ancelotti were available. I know I will now see various comments about we didn't want either of them and neither would have come to us when they are the exact type of managers we need to be aiming for as I believe they would have been able to bring about a level of success we have lacked for decades. Problem is our owners don't have the financial clout to put a team on the pitch to go with the stadium move they told us was part of the journey to a more prosperous era in the clubs history. Staving off relegation is not any mark of achievement.
  • edited December 2019
    TBH I'd sooner BFS than Moyes...ooh, contreversial ...no change there then..
  • I’d never have let Sam go
  • Fortuneseeker

Actually advancing and progressing the teams they own on the field is not part of G&S’s modus operandi IMO. It is a secondary consideration. They are more than happy for things to just meander along. It happened at Birmingham (their supporters seemed to be happy to see the back of them) and history is repeating itself after a decade with us. We could have pep or Klopp as our manager and I still don’t think we would see a sustained #nextlevel whilst those two (and Brady) are at the helm.
  • Lend the club money collect 6% and if lucky we win a game or two, seems to work for them, I forgot cross arms for a photo
  • Cuz1 said:

I’d never have let Sam go

The most romantic and reassuring comment of 2019 :biggrin:
  • He might not suit Liverpool but did ok for us
  • As mentioned yesterday, we need someone who will inspire us. I havent seen a name mentioned here that even comes close to that
  • Bazshuayi said:

As mentioned yesterday, we need someone who will inspire us. I havent seen a name mentioned here that even comes close to that

Your right
  • Exactly my point if moyes which a lot of people are advocating then why not Sam, moyes did well at one club Sam as had measured success at a few clubs, so until we can find anybody who is going to inspire us I will stick by pelle
  • Being a football fan is now all about repeating mantras. Moyes is boring and a failure, Traore has no end product so is useless, Big Sam is long ball only etc etc etc. Chairmans have to take these thing into account when hiring and firing. Can only get away with Big Sam and Moyes appointment when in the bottom 3. Will be backlash from know it alls otherwise.
  • Moyes has a win percentage of 29%, which is only slightly better than what we’re at, playing badly now.

He was not really significantly better than what came before or after. Could he have done more with time? I don’t see any sign of that. Maybe we’d have two Hugills.
  • One thing in Moyes favour is that win lose or draw we were able to play for the 90+ minutes rather than 60-65 we achieve now.
  • Big sams was 37.57 % at West Ham I believe
  • And we were 39% last season.

I think we need to see a few games with Fabianski back. I think he has a big impact. Even with Martin I feel the priority was to protect him. It was a lot of throwing bodies at everything by Balbuena and Ogbonna. Martin made very few saves himself, from what I remember. Fabianski isn’t just levels above the other two, he doesn’t just make crucial saves, he gives the team confidence. I’d like to see whether he can bring some back to the team. Then hopefully we can survive with Pelle until the summer and find a more inspiring manager.
  • Outcast, this is what we have come to “survive”. We seem to have to do that most seasons, it’s the Groundhog Day scenario. I :pray: we can find someone to inject the funds to resolve this recurring issue and very soon.
  • Ah, yes. Let’s go back to the good old times of BFS. A time when our fans booed our manager for winning a game of football. Yes, that’s just what we need!
  • As opposed to being booed when we lose :lol:
  • Adam said:

Ah, yes. Let’s go back to the good old times of BFS. A time when our fans booed our manager for winning a game of football. Yes, that’s just what we need!

And rightly so.
  • Hope they will try to get Benitez. It is the only option that will make any sense. As I said before, I am not sure about Moyes, Hughton or BFS.
  • edited December 2019

Moyes has a win percentage of 29%, which is only slightly better than what we’re at, playing badly now.

He was not really significantly better than what came before or after. Could he have done more with time? I don’t see any sign of that. Maybe we’d have two Hugills.

I think he would deserve at least a preseason and two windows to be judged on his win %. He had one job (to avoid relegation), and he did it very well.

• edited December 2019
    Benitez IMO is the manager we should have appointed when we went for our current mumbling one..Now unless the Dave's cough up it seems unlikely.
    if it had to be out of Moyes & BFS, It's BFS anyday for me, saying that don't think he'd ever return as manager of us.
    Should just get Slav back.
  • We now need someone to keep us up........
  • I don’t understand why anyone wants to go back to any previous manager, personally. We saw first hand the flaws that Sam, Slav and Moyes all had, and I don’t want them back to have to rewatch the same story.

If Pellegrini is to go - and IMO it looks more likely all the time - we need someone new. We need fresh ideas, not a jump back
This discussion has been closed.