West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• edited December 2019
    And Alderz, who would be you choice then? realistic one!
    And what about ex players returning to play for us again? what do you think about that?
  • alderz said:

I don’t understand why anyone wants to go back to any previous manager, personally. We saw first hand the flaws that Sam, Slav and Moyes all had, and I don’t want them back to have to rewatch the same story.

If Pellegrini is to go - and IMO it looks more likely all the time - we need someone new. We need fresh ideas, not a jump back

Exactly.

I don’t see how it can motivate the players either. Let’s go to new levels with the guy you want a few games last time, when we thought he was just about good enough to hold the door open for the current manager.
  • I agree however from what I'm reading from Ex, its likely to only be Moyes. Obviously only rumours but I think I'd rather Moyes out if the two. I'd obviously prefer neither.
  • Alderz, I think the problem is, we're looking like we're again in a fire-fighting situation and therefore it's going to be difficult to attract the kind of manager that we would like.
    BFS and Moyes at least did what they were paid to do, to keep us up.
    I'm reluctantly accepting that MP is not able to even do that, let alone take us to a higher level. :weep:
  • And Alderz, who would be you choice then? realistic one!
    And what about ex players returning to play for us again? what do you think about that?

I think I’ve seen more from this manager than I did from Moyes, I hated it when Sam was here and Bilic absolutely ran out of steam and ideas. If I had to choose out of that lot I’d keep with Pellegrini.

That said, if there were a change then - of realistic, appointable options - I would probably go for either Ralf Rangnick or Heiko Herrlich. Herrlich is out of work but was great for Leverkusen. Rangnick is now head of sporting development at Red Bull Group, but might want to be a manager again, idk.

Rangnick often played a 4-4-2 with Leipzig, but he also regularly changed from a back 4 to a 3 or a 5, which shows some tactical flexibility that I appreciate. Herrlich preference was 4-2-3-1, but he would often change to 3-4-2-1, 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 when needed.

Regarding returning players, I think the case is very different. Players are very much instructed by a manager how to play and the style of play, a change of manager could change the player entirely, so a returning player might be very different, IMO.
  • Might get arnie back now China as capped salaries to 2 million a year, can see a lot of the mercenaries or should I say trophy hunters returning :lol:
  • It he's a trophy hunter he won't comeback to us......
  • This is the Moyes who watched us get thrashed 4-1 by Swansea, 4-0 Everton, 3-0 to Burnley etc all the while whilst effectively playing a back five & with four in midfield protecting the back five.

If we decide to get rid of Pellegrini, no way should we be resorting to a former flame. Agree with alderz completely.

If Moyes is the guaranteed replacement for Pelle, I’d rather we keep MP. There is more potential under MP should we get out of this current mess than there is under Moyes.
  • Lukerz said:

This is the Moyes who watched us get thrashed 4-1 by Swansea, 4-0 Everton, 3-0 to Burnley etc all the while whilst effectively playing a back five & with four in midfield protecting the back five.

If we decide to get rid of Pellegrini, no way should we be resorting to a former flame. Agree with alderz completely.

If Moyes is the guaranteed replacement for Pelle, I’d rather we keep MP. There is more potential under MP should we get out of this current mess than there is under Moyes.

I agree
    Al the previous managers we getting whoop, playing rubbish clueless and dull football.
    I don’t get me wrong,, all teams have it in Them to lose.

I would a like manager who Can motivate the players and can deal with players with big egos and has a plan b
  • edited December 2019
    Alderz :ok: WOW u must watch a lot of foreign football...
    Problem for me is if Pelle is to go, :pray: the best we could get at this time is to get a stop gap ( BFS ) give him his Million pounds to keep us up & then go for a long term manager ( Benitez IMO ).
  • Jay - not particularly a lot. I watch a bit (I enjoy the bundesliga), but I do a lot of reading and researching when I’m interested in things. For example, there is a page on transfermarkt that lists out of work managers, and you can filter on all sorts.
  • MrsGrey said "Why would he [Moyes] come back to WHU after the last time?"

A number of reasons - Moyes hasn't got managerial post, needs to showcase his talents, has some unfinished business, there are worse jobs and WHU board need someone who can rescue teams on trouble. Moyes, at least has some track record for the last attribute.
  • It makes me wonder why Moyes has been unemployed for so long, both before and after his short stint with us. If he was THAT desirable then surely he would have been snapped up by now?
  • Pengeman said:

MrsGrey said "Why would he [Moyes] come back to WHU after the last time?"

A number of reasons - Moyes hasn't got managerial post, needs to showcase his talents, has some unfinished business, there are worse jobs and WHU board need someone who can rescue teams on trouble. Moyes, at least has some track record for the last attribute.

Does he, though? He kept us up, he was terrible with Sunderland, Sociedad and United, and his time at Everton isn’t really comparable as it was like a dynasty rather than a fire fight
  • Cuz1 said:

Big sams was 37.57 % at West Ham I believe

Did that include the season in the Championship though?
  • Yes think it does buffy but doesn’t include his 100% record with England :lol:
  • Eddie Howe might become available if Bournemouth's poor form continues :whistle:
  • Eddie Howe might become available if Bournemouth's poor form continues :whistle:

:hmm:
    B’moutt currently one place above us

If we lose and Villa win

With all the talk at the start of the season and how well we was going to do

:champagne:
  • We will be eaten alive in championship
  • If we lose and Villa draw we drop into bottom three.

:beer:

A highly likely scenario
  • We are in the bottom three as it currently stands.
  • edited December 2019
    Thorn, how do you work that out. :puzzled:

Looks like we could have done worse than getting Nigel Pearson. :hmm:
  • Thorn, how do you work that out. :puzzled:

That’s how it was when kick off happened!
  • Bubbles villa only needed a draw and all games kick off 0-0
  • Thorn, how do you work that out. :puzzled:

Looks like we could have done worse than getting Nigel Pearson. :hmm:

It’s not a big deal we still 4th from bottom COYI
  • If pelle was any weeker
    He would a fortnight
    Go pelle
  • imagelost said:

If pelle was any weeker
    He would a fortnight
    Go pelle

Twice as rubbish