West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• Thinking a bit more about Howe... does anybody think his team is any better at defending than Pelle’s :puzzled:

Not so sure he’s the answer, on reflection.

Benitez would be better, IMO, as his teams play good football but the basis is always structure and discipline in defending.
  • steve said:

What happens if we win ........................And yes i have had a few :redwine: :redwine: :redwine:

Bill Hill will credit my account with a nice sum of money :pray:
  • I read that Rafa was on £13m. How much would it cost the owners to buy him out?. He would come back to England as His family are here. I wonder what kind of release deal he has in his contract?. I have no problem with Howe. He's young,ambitious,plays good football and has premier experience.
  • I wonder if Carrick wants to be a manager...
  • The Indy interviewed Carrick last year, asked him if he wanted to be a manager
    Yeah, at this stage, I would say, yeah, but I'm not blasé to think I'm going to be a manager, you know.

I'm starting out now, bottom rung of the ladder really, albeit the manager Jose's given me an unbelievable opportunity to be at United now, but I think it's a step by step, I'm not getting carried away.

But of course, it's like when you set out to be a footballer, you know. You set out to be a footballer, when you're young, and you think I'd love to do that. There's plenty of things along the way that could change that, and it's the same thing now with being a manager, it's time will tell how it goes”
    Very sensible of him.
  • Even if the board keep faith with Pelle, they have a bit of a decision to make on Husillos I reckon if they want to make some additions to the squad in jan. In Haller a striker has been bought whose attributes don’t go well with Pelle’s preferred system. Anderson has been pretty much non existent all season. And then we have Sanchez, wilshere and Roberto. I can see Sully being nervous about leaving him in charge of transfers.
  • :hmm: Bit worried about sully being in charge of our club :biggrin:
  • baracks @ 6.37

Agree, this is the same managerial duo who saw fit to sign Roberto, let nearly all the partners for Haller leave the club so we can't get the best out of him and still don't appear inclined to sign a player to help Declan in midfield.
  • Why would we want to change a winning manager? :whistle:
  • DJ,

I'll get back to you on that at Christmas. ;)
  • I suggest 6 English players in the team had had something to do with it.
    Grit ,determination, a responsibility to other team members,, no language barrier, split time decision.
    Team leadership skills.
    Noble
  • Noble was poor imo.
  • edited November 2019
    IronHerb said:

Noble was poor imo.

As in Roberto poor, or ?

My manager is poor / missing planing skills
    In my case bigger the customer ie costain, ISG, Balfour Beaty group, the harder we try,
    Joe blog not so much
  • Noble wasn't poor at all.
  • In your opinion?
  • I sensed there was a chance of inserting some panto back n forths for a minute there ;)
  • Oh no there wasn't. :run:
  • edited November 2019
    oh yes there is! :biggrin:
  • content smile :biggrin:
  • imagelost said:

I suggest 6 English players in the team had had something to do with it.

I suggest playing a massive Italian centre back against a slow French centre forward known for scoring with his head had something to do with it.

let nearly all the partners for Haller leave the club so we can't get the best out of him

Hernandez & Arnautovic put in transfer requests
    Carroll was/is a sick note
    Perez wasn't good enough for Arsenal or us.

Two didn't want to stay and two weren't worth keeping.
  • Sometimes Pro managers can be so blind to the need of pace in the side. Bilic was highly guilty of that, he even knew it, but seemed to accept the Chicharitos etc would balance the need with pure quality. Only Payets level really win games without pace and power these days. I think Bilic may have learnt his lesson. Pardew was the master of pace and power. Pellers seems blind (Fornal, Haller, Yarma), super Antonio to the rescue! How many games has Traore won for Wolves this season?
  • Well wolves have only won four so guess four it his then
  • Hernandez & Arnautovic put in transfer requests
    Carroll was/is a sick note
    Perez wasn't good enough for Arsenal or us.

Two didn't want to stay and two weren't worth keeping

So that's ok then, we'll just carry on playing Haller in a solo role, if at all, and not get the best out of him based on his success at Eintracht last season?
  • One of the worst things was getting rid of Chica after the uk transfer window had shut. Absolute madness.

Haller is not quick (at all) and cannot do the solo role. Him and Chica might have worked well together but now we will never know
  • But we never set the team up to maximise his talents.

So there was little point in keeping him.

Such a waste.
  • We didn't get rid of Chica, he wasn't happy here and wanted to leave. He was on big wages for very little actual game time. We've been through the incredible sulks with Payet and Arnie, we didn't need another so what was the point of stopping his transfer? .

Closing the transfer window earlier than the other European nations was a stupid idea with predictable results.

Haller played well as a lone striker at the start, despite not scoring for 6 games he's our top scorer.
  • Closing the transfer window earlier than the other European nations was a stupid idea with predictable results.

Sorry, but I disagree. It makes complete sense to close the window before the season starts, we just have to hope that the other major leagues eventually align themselves in the next year or two; there isn't such a difference in the season start dates of the major European leagues that a transfer window closure before all leagues start isn't achievable. Starting the league season with the window still open makes no sense whatsoever imo.
This discussion has been closed.