West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• The thing for me is West Ham are not enjoyable to watch most the time , the slow build up , sideways backwards passes etc. We lack pace without Antonio (Diagana on loan) players don't seem to be on board with what Pellegrini wants, The same players do the same thing week after week with the same result (Chelsea aside). As a season ticket holder games almost feel like a chore (especially with bus replacement most weeks) I go to see my mates and have a beer the football usually turns out to be the worst part of the day. The club needs a lift as a whole, wether that be a new manager/ new players but it feels like we are sleepwalking to a relegation battle at the moment .
  • can someone post a baby yoda meme to cheer me up :lol:
  • edited December 2019
    Comments about yesterday's performance moved to relevant match thread. This none is for discussing the manager/sack/replacement and ranges more widely than a single match :ok:
  • Gary O'Neil said on Talksport last night that Benitez has a £20m buyout clause in his contract.
    (Sorry if this has already been posted).
  • 1 point off the bottom 3 :bowdown:
  • Get Bilic back... :ok:
  • Get Bilic back... :ok:

I wish
  • He's be a fool to come back to us though.
  • It’s quite difficult to know if something is meant to be sarcastic on the internet. Are you being serious that you want Bilic back?
  • Adam, I can only speak for myself, but IMO i'd have him back today rather than our current manager. :ok:
  • I'd love him back. But he'd be stupid to come back imo.
  • Sorry, but I was one of the very last on here to accept it was time for Bilic to go, but when he did it really was time. The clamour for his dismissal was deafening, and it was obvious that he had lost his mojo.

I don't get this revisionist history.
  • What I remember to be the general consensus from the end of Bilic’s tenure was: we didn’t run enough (I think we were the lowest in km’s run), he didn’t really have a game plan and he was tactically inept.

But we loved him as a person because he’s very likeable.

No way would I go back to him. It didn’t exactly work out for Watford and Flores!
  • edited December 2019
    So managers can't lean and improve with experience? Some people would have Moyes back in a heartbeat even big Sam. Me I'd have Bilic back 100%
  • Agree with Ham here, all managers can evolve, so while many wanted Bilic gone I was not one of them, but Grey fair do's , you might have been one of the last to wanted him gone, I never wanted him gone & certainly was not impressed with the Moyes appointment, but I'd accept Bilic back today, IMO far superior to the dinosaur we currently have.
  • edited December 2019
    Of course they can but I don’t see anything to confirm that he has improved. He went to Saudi Arabia for a year and won 4 out of 17 games. He’s now been doing well in the championship for 4 months.

You learn the most about a manager when things aren’t going well. He hasn’t hit a bump in the road for WBA yet.

Edit: road instead of toad!
  • edited December 2019
    Bilic had to deal with a lot. We had an incredible last season at the Boleyn. But then had the whole Payet situation. He also had to deal with moving to a shambles of a stadium which the majority of fans were against. I wouldn't say his time in charge at the end was a very normal situation.
  • I’d have Sam back knows how to make a team good in defence and with limited resources kept us in the prem imagine at the time with money to spend he would have us creative and hard to beat like his Bolton teams just as people on here are now asking for just saying
  • On more than one occasion in his managerial career Bilic has come unstuck after a good start - even before he joined us. Be interesting to see how he fares if West Brom go up.

Things started ravelling for him even before the payet situation unfolded. But then again he was given the likes of Calleri. But he didn’t have us properly prepared (season 2) for what was going to be a tough and early start to the season (with Europa included).

But overall he never did have us defending well and sooner or later that is going to catch up with you once you lose your attacking spark.
  • On more than one occasion in his managerial career Bilic has come unstuck after a good start - even before he joined us. Be interesting to see how he fares if West Brom go up.

Things started ravelling for him even before the payet situation unfolded. But then again he was given the likes of Calleri. But he didn’t have us properly prepared (season 2) for what was going to be a tough and early start to the season (with Europa included).

But overall he never did have us defending well and sooner or later that is going to catch up with you once you lose your attacking spark.

The team had. Chains on their ankles
  • imagelost said:

On more than one occasion in his managerial career Bilic has come unstuck after a good start - even before he joined us. Be interesting to see how he fares if West Brom go up.

The team had. Chains on their ankles
    Much like now
  • Rafa on MNF tomorrow
  • Only so they can talk about Liverpool for 2 hours.
  • IronHerb said:

Only so they can talk about Liverpool for 2 hours.

Best tell Baz then. ;)
  • S'ok... I can watch other stuff that'll talk about Liverpool for longer than that :whistle:
  • Adam, I can only speak for myself, but IMO i'd have him back today rather than our current manager. :ok:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/12/09/west-ham-united-fans-call-for-the-return-of-slaven-bilic-from-we/

Seems like me & Hamstew are not alone :wahoo:
  • I’d rather stick with Pelle rather than go back to either Slav or Moyes. Or for that matter if we ended up with Hughton
  • Shambilic to Slaviour :hmm:
  • Quote "Some West Ham United fans want Slaven Bilic, after praising the job he has done at West Bromwich Albion."

So that's jay and Ham. :lol:
This discussion has been closed.