West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• How about Eddie Jones, as head coach
    With Stewart Pearce, Rio, and Joe cole.
    Now if anyone can inspire players, crowd and bring excitment back, it's him.
  • Heathrow, believe it or not, I was thinking about Eddie Jones myself. :ok:
  • Eddie yates
  • So we’ve concluded that we won’t be able to find a football coach so let’s instead get a rugby one?

:hmm:
  • I think the board should consider all options.
  • Getting someone like Rio, J Cole or Collision in wouldn't be the craziest thing to do for the short term imo. I don't think things could get any worse and at least they would be motivated to do well.
  • I will say it as many wont . You can change the managers all you want but the biggest issue is Mr West Ham . Noble sums up everything that is wrong with the team .
    The team has no pace . The midfield gets by passed easily and does not support any forward that plays , the team fades after 60 mins . The team plays boring sideways football .
    These are all attributes of our Captain. He has not been premier league standard for many years and one or two decent performances against other poor sides a year is not good enough.
    This club needs him gone so it can move forward with a fresh outlook .
    You can change as many managers as you like but the football will not improve while he is Captain and starting games for this club.
    Kevin Nolan knew when it was time for him to go and he was better than Noble.
    It is now 4 years later and Noble is still a starter it must affect the players him being around when he is so poor and doesn’t warrant a place in the squad any more.
  • edited December 2019
    Hamstew said:

Getting someone like Rio, J Cole or Collision in wouldn't be the craziest thing to do for the short term imo. I don't think things could get any worse and at least they would be motivated to do well.

Rio has never coached and hasn't shown any interest in coaching since 2016.
    Joe Cole started as a coach with the Chelsea Academy in January but appears to have left.
    Jack Collison coached the kids at Peterborough for two years, our U16s for two years and left to coach the U17s at Atlanta United in June.

So three players who've never managed or even coached at a senior level.

Kevin Nolan knew when it was time for him to go and he was better than Noble.

I'm sorry but WHAT?

Nolan carried on playing even when it was obvious he was past it, he struggled through the last season under Sam and left before the end of August the first season under Slav. He joined Leyton Orient in January as player-manager but he wasn't even up to playing in League 2.

Nolan was never considered for an England cap, back in 2016 plenty were wondering why Noble hadn't been called up for the Euros.
  • edited December 2019

Hamstew said:

Getting someone like Rio, J Cole or Collision in wouldn't be the craziest thing to do for the short term imo. I don't think things could get any worse and at least they would be motivated to do well.

Rio has never coached and hasn't shown any interest in coaching since 2016.
    Joe Cole started as a coach with the Chelsea Academy in January but appears to have left.
    Jack Collison coached the kids at Peterborough for two years, our U16s for two years and left to coach the U17s at Atlanta United in June.

So three players who've never managed or even coached at a senior level.
    Yes I know all this you don't need to tell me that. My point is we could do a lot worse than getting someone in short term that understands West Ham and isn't motivated by getting a huge payout should they get the sack.

Imo we are heading for the championship anyway.
  • We should bring in Eddie Howe and give him a real chance to change the club. Buy a couple of good young players ( spend good money) and bring back the likes of Diangana to the club and make Declan Rice Captain.

The team needs a young fresh outlook . The fans would back a change of culture and spirit at the club I am sure .

A new direction is needed to lift the club from the
    mire that the directors have taken this club into.

Until we change the culture of the club no manager will succeed.
  • I don’t understand the clamour to get in the likes of Rio, Joe Cole etc because they understand West Ham. The culture at the club has not changed and was just as bad when they were here as it is now. Cole was a member of one of the relegated sides.
    What we need is someone who will get them fit enough to last a full game, put 100% effort in and look as if they cared.
    Moyes wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he stood no nonsense and told them, especially Arnie, that if you don’t work you don’t play.
  • We should bring in Eddie Howe and give him a real chance to change the club. Buy a couple of good young players ( spend good money) and bring back the likes of Diangana to the club and make Declan Rice Captain.

Again I ask the same question I seem to have been asking for years, why in the world would Eddie Howe swap what he's got at Bournemouth for the mess we've got?

As for Rice he is still developing, the last thing he needs is the extra burden of being captain on top of that.
    Hamstew said:

Yes I know all this you don't need to tell me that. My point is we could do a lot worse than getting someone in short term that understands West Ham and isn't motivated by getting a huge payout should they get the sack.

Imo we are heading for the championship anyway.

If we're heading for the Championship then we might as well stick with Pellegrini and sack him in the summer rather than just naming random ex-players with no experience as replacements.

If we're going to sack Pellegrini we need someone who at least has a hope of keeping us up.
  • edited December 2019
    It's a fair point it will save the club money. But imo we have more of a chance of staying up if there is a change to someone who can create a buzz. Imo the club will get ripped to shreds by the fans long before then anyway. There is already talk of protests etc on social media. This is going exactly the same way as pre the Burnley game. Cole etc was just and example I don't necessarily mean them.
  • Rio and Cole are hardly random ex-player. They have won trophies European and domestic. They know what it takes to win
  • Heck lets throw Di Canio into the mix :sofa:
  • edited December 2019

Rio and Cole are hardly random ex-player. They have won trophies European and domestic. They know what it takes to win

Yes, they did, as players with Man U and Chelsea.

Not as coaches.

Paul Ince also won trophies with Man U and he has actually managed, an ex-West Ham player...
  • imagelost said:

Eddie yates

Hilda - Director of football
    Eddie - 1st team coach
    Stan - Food and Beverage errm taster

• Rio and Cole are hardly random ex-player. They have won trophies European and domestic. They know what it takes to win

We'll, yes, but then so does Pelle, with a long track record of successful coaching to prove it,
  • Ok, so if your happy with the status quo fair enough.
    I think we need new people new ideas to improve things.
  • edited December 2019
    Hamstew said:

Heck lets throw Di Canio into the mix :sofa:

"I couldn't work even one day with a man like David Sullivan."
    PDC on Sky Sports Italia, 13 March 2018.

I think that's a "no"
  • Here's £5m a year. Hmm Ok. :wink:
  • We should go for Hoddle with Pleat as assistant. It'll stop him commentating x2

• Ok, so if your happy with the status quo fair enough.
    I think we need new people new ideas to improve things.

Sorry, but you said those players 'know how to win', hence my response.
  • Just seen a poster post this on the BBC and it is bang on the money:

Pell. reminds me of Sergeant Wilson in Dad’s Army.
    He commands his players:”Please Mr Nobel & Co. if you don’t mind & it is not too much trouble, would you mind kindly pushing the ball forward toward the opposition goal, unless you think otherwise & your precious little toe hurts & would not object”.
    For crying out loud kick their back side & make them earn the vast sums they’re being paid.
  • West Ham's owners are discussing Manuel Pellegrini's future at the club following Monday's 3-1 defeat to Arsenal, Sky Sports News understands.

Defeat to the Gunners has left West Ham 16th in the Premier League, just one point above the relegation places.
  • Bazshuayi said:

imagelost said:

Eddie yates

Eddie - 1st team coach

The 2 Dave’s and Karen
  • imagelost said:

Bazshuayi said:

imagelost said:

Eddie yates

Eddie - 1st team coach

The 2 Dave’s and Karen
    The likeness is uncanny. :nonono:
  • edited December 2019

Time I think to acknowledge that the likes of Jay have been right all along about Pelle. He called it out as not being the right appointment right from the get go.

He is a one trick pony (Not that we are seeing much evidence of even that one trick). Clueless, slow, turgid and comfortably the laziest in the league - that is Pelle’s team, ladies and gentlemen.

I want him gone right now, but as others have pointed out, the owners are the real problem and I want them gone more.

Adam said:

Right all along? Pellegrini was successful everywhere he went. The owners made a very successful manager come to a mid table (at best) club and he was one of the best paid managers in the league.

Of course, it hasn’t worked out but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

What I think about Pelle, is not that he isn't a half decent manager, but he is not the right fit for West Ham, give him top players all around he will do well, he likes to TRY to get his team to play, but he has no ability in his locker IMO from what Iv'e seen to mix things up, go 1-0 up, rather than carry on looking for more, try to actually SOMETIMES defend a lead, this manager IMO has no ability to change his tactics, good manager- maybe- right for us, NO WAY IMO.

Grey, I appreciate your feelings & opinions & positivity, however I still believe we'd do better without Pelle, hope you prove to be right though, I have no issue with all types of eggs on my face!
  • It wasnt all bad..... we had a couple of good throw-ins! :yercoat:
  • The thing is with managers who have great records at top clubs, they have had great players at those clubs as well.
    It's when you have some good players, a few okay players and a couple of rubbish players that you really need to find a manager who can get them working together.
    People took the mickey out of BFS when he said he could win a title every year with Inter or Man Utd.
    The thing is, it's easier to do really well when you have the best players, so Pelle's reputation doesn't really mean much unless you give him equal quality of players.
    I don't know enough about the teams he has managed, but for those who follow other leagues/teams etc, has he ever managed a mid to low level club who needed rebuilding from the base up as it were?
This discussion has been closed.