West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• Has he gone yet?
  • Oggi! Oggi! Oggi!

#too soon?

• Lukerz said:

Has he gone yet?

I keep refreshing twitter
  • During his post match interview hopefully.
  • Another day and another tactical masterclass. Hope he is forced to sit through the Christmas fixtures (therefore I am not intrigued to watch them).
  • He will still be here for the next game.

Oh great, just seen its live on TV on Saturday at 5pm against Saints.
  • Rafa is literally inside the stadium. Knife his tyres, tie his shoe laces together, club him over the head. Just keep that man there.
  • I won't be watching it on tv, just in case I throw it out of the window.
  • We will be in the bottom three at Xmas as I can’t see any chance of our winning at Saints
  • Honestly I dont think it matters who we appoint as coach

We lost our soul and passion the minute we left the Boleyn

Worst decision this club has ever made

Granted we got our fair share of beatings there but it was always home and it was always full of passion and fire (even if it was aimed at our own) and that translates to the players
  • I'm honestly starting to believe that as long we have our current owners it doesn't matter who our manager is we are forever going to continue the way we are.
  • Don’t think the stadium has anything to do with it. A football pitch is a football pitch and players, especially professionals, should be giving it 100% every game. How many of our team tonight ever played at Upton Park. Three I think it is. All of our relegations (so far) came at UP.
    I’ve no idea why most of our players seem dead on their feet after about 60 minutes when most of the time they’ve been playing at little over a walking pace. We have the slowest most unfit side in the PL and that’s got to be down to the way the manager and his staff train them.
  • The stadium move shouldn't have an affect on the players, but the fans were sold European nights under the lights, world class players and a successful club. That was the trade off for giving up the Boleyn.

What is it? 3 relegation battles in the 4 seasons since we left? Literally no point in us leaving. This board have absolutely done the fans over.
  • edited December 2019
    Sums it up when Ljunberg says that he told his side to up the tempo as he could see West Ham were getting tired. Why were we tired after 60 minutes when the game was played at a snail pace.
    There were times in the first half when we were at their penalty area but then back at the halfway line before we tried any real attacking threat.
    Surely someone at the club, obviously not Pelle, can see that opponents tend to come at us with pace but we persist on walking about. With a few minutes to go we were 3-1 down and then it came up with 7 minutes added time but we still made no genuine attempts to win the ball and if we did get it persisted in rolling it sideways or backwards.
    At Rush Green do they have the goals at either end of the halfway line on the training pitches.
  • The stadium move shouldn't have an affect on the players, but the fans were sold European nights under the lights, world class players and a successful club. That was the trade off for giving up the Boleyn.

What is it? 3 relegation battles in the 4 seasons since we left? Literally no point in us leaving. This board have absolutely done the fans over.

Also means that there is no chance in the owners selling up, as I'm pretty sure that they'll not get the return they want because of the contract about selling the club X years after moving in to the stadium.
  • edited December 2019
    Time I think to acknowledge that the likes of Jay have been right all along about Pelle. He called it out as not being the right appointment right from the get go.

He is a one trick pony (Not that we are seeing much evidence of even that one trick). Clueless, slow, turgid and comfortably the laziest in the league - that is Pelle’s team, ladies and gentlemen.

I want him gone right now, but as others have pointed out, the owners are the real problem and I want them gone more.
  • Right all along? Pellegrini was successful everywhere he went. The owners made a very successful manager come to a mid table (at best) club and he was one of the best paid managers in the league.

Of course, it hasn’t worked out but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
  • I think every manager will he found out eventually, it’s just a case of finding their shelf life. You could argue that Pep isn’t right for City because they’re out of form. I think Pellegrini has been a good manager for us, but I think this season he seems not to have the answers to the questions.

The fitness issue is inexcusable, imo. So is the squad balance. I think the club made some very poor decisions in the summer (particularly to sell Edimilson Fernandes & Pedro Obiang), and the manager takes responsibility.

I have no idea who would be a better manager, but there must be someone out there who can inspire the team?

• I want him gone right now, but as others have pointed out, the owners are the real problem and I want them gone more.

Exactly this. Everything else is a sideshow.

• If Rafa had been interested before last night he certainly won’t be now.
  • edited December 2019
    Adam

He wasn’t considered a success at Madrid by many and the Dave’s got the “putting his feet up in China” version of Pelle, not the 2014 version.

• Pellegrini got 96 points in La Liga at Real Madrid! He was a success even if madridistas tell you otherwise.

And yes, it’s a shame we didn’t get the better version of Pellegrini.
  • I’m thinking of writing to the bbc to ask Phil McNulty to do an article about West Ham considering sacking their manager. Recent experience shows this usually does the trick.
  • At Real Madrid Pellegrini lost in the Copa del Rey to a second division outfit, lost to Lyon in the Champions League round of 16 and was told if he didn't win La Liga he'd get the boot.

As Adam said he got 96pts which was the highest total they'd ever achieved at that point but Barcelona got 99pts, their highest total at that point.

Pellegrini claimed that he had no say on transfers and that he wasn't allowed to build the team he wanted. At least he can't complain about that with us...
  • So Pelle had no say in CR7 arriving at Madrid?

Some would say it is lucky he was overruled
  • edited December 2019
    He had no say in them selling Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben who he wanted to keep.

They sign the best players, but not the best players needed in a certain position.

It’s no good having an orchestra with the 10 best guitarists if I don’t have a pianist. Real Madrid have the best guitarists, but if I ask them to play the piano they won’t be able to do it so well.

He sold players that I considered important. We didn't win the Champions League because we didn't have a squad properly structured to be able to win it.

Pellegrini on Real Madrid chairman Florentino Pérez Rodríguez, 2012.
  • edited December 2019
    "Sir Alex Ferguson once likened a symphony orchestra to a football team as both depend entirely on the collaboration between the players."

That's it - Simon Rattle for manager.

:biggrin: :yercoat:

And I couldn't resist this by way of cheering us up.
This discussion has been closed.