West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• edited December 2019
    There’s a risk of over-engineering and over-thinking this all

Bottom line is we are playing terribly, our fitness levels appalling, big signings benched, lack of spirit and drive, and no real sign of an end to it all. It’s a ruthless league in a cut throat sport, and If all these kinds of things happen it is usually the coach’s price to pay
  • We are back where we were under Bilic before they sacked him
  • edited December 2019
    Alderz

I won’t quote your whole (excellent) piece about sacking managers and recruiting managers mid season - the stats esp were interesting, perhaps giving G&S a bit of slack

It would be worth though adding one more stat in there. How many clubs have sold their ground, their spiritual home for decades, and moved to a rented stadium not even designed for football? That’s the stick I would whack our owners with

• baracks, plus all the spin they put on how moving would benefit us. I have yet to see any tangible evidence we are heading in the direction we were told we would.
  • Alderz

I won’t quote your whole (excellent) piece about sacking managers and recruiting managers mid season - the stats esp were interesting, perhaps giving G&S a bit of slack

It would be worth though adding one more stat in there. How many clubs have sold their ground, their spiritual home for decades, and moved to a rented stadium not even designed for football? That’s the stick I would whack our owners with

That is a perfectly good stick to whack them with, imo. I would like a turn to whack them with it too
  • 'Bazpool on Boxing Day night'

Had to quote it and it raised a big :biggrin: I'm currently lobbying for the name change :thumbsup:
  • Ancelloti has been sacked by Napoli. In the frame?
  • Yes....for Arsenal!
  • Not for me
  • edited December 2019
    Bazshuayi said:

'Bazpool on Boxing Day night'

Had to quote it and it raised a big :biggrin: I'm currently lobbying for the name change :thumbsup:

I may change my name to
    Reciprocateiing rocking-bar

• How about Mark Noble as player-manager? He knows the Club and also knows what is wrong and will kick few backsides to get the best performance.
  • edited December 2019
    Pengeman said:

How about Mark Noble as player-manager? He knows the Club and also knows what is wrong and will kick few backsides to get the best performance.

He could do that as captain? Unless he's also a suppressed tactical genius who needs unleashing.
  • Pengeman, no, no, no, a thousand times no. :nonono:
  • Ancelloti has been sacked by Napoli. In the frame?

Didn’t he once say he would be prepared to manage West Ham if we were in the championship? so, I think he is a contender in June, not now.
  • Pengeman said:

How about Mark Noble as player-manager? He knows the Club and also knows what is wrong and will kick few backsides to get the best performance.

Simple question, if he knows what is wrong then why hasn't he sorted it as I have seen no signs of him digging people out on the pitch? He should be leading by example, when the team is playing well so does he but when the chips are down he is no Billy Bonds! He should have come out to face the cameras and explain why we are playing so poorly on Monday night not poor Declan.
  • Well Nobes is still influential as he's managed to get the entire team playing slowly, sideways and backwards. :angry:
  • On the Debate on Sky last night Ally Mcoist and Harry Kewell we’re discussing us and both said we are in serious trouble. They virtually mirrored what we’ve been saying in that Arsenal were very very poor and were there for the taking but once they equalised we gave up and made no significant effort to regain the lead. We showed no fight whatsoever once it became 1-1 so it became easy for Arsenal to go 2-1 then 3-1.
    They also said though that Arsenal have players who can change a game with a goal but we don’t seem to have that kind of player.
  • I actually don't agree with that Thorn, :ok: I actually think we have players capable of changing games & scoring, - Anderson, Lanzini, Haller, Yarmelenko, Antonio, problem is they are either not fit or playing only a small percentage of what they can play like- We have seen all of them before play very well, but this season Pelle has taken all the confidence out of them IMO.
  • Think we need a captain like a Billy Bonds, which Noble is certainly not.
    Billy always gave 100%, how many of our motley crew gave 100%, the
    answer was none once Arsenal scored.
  • Just read that on Sky Monday Night Carragher asked Rafa if he would come back to manage in the Premier League, specifically about Everton or Arsenal, and Rafa said he'd like to but not until his contract with Dalian Yifang expires in December 2021.

The bookies are split, some have Howe favourite, some Benitez, others offer the same odds for both them and Hughton.

Martin O'Neil is mentioned plus you can get long odds on ex-Valencia manager Marcelino García Toral who got sacked in September after 4 games despite finishing 4th two seasons in a row and winning the Copa Del Rey last season.
  • edited December 2019
    Hammerex said:

Think we need a captain like a Billy Bonds, which Noble is certainly not.
    Billy always gave 100%, how many of our motley crew gave 100%, the
    answer was none once Arsenal scored.

I can just picture Billy (right after the Arsenal game) in the dressing room literally and verbally laying into people :wahoo: :deadhorse: :fishslap:

and yes I mean at his current age
  • edited December 2019
    The truth hertz
    Some players need it
    Who is firing em up?
    And the truth was there Monday night,,,, in fact long before Monday night,,,
    But arsenal was week ,,, getting knocked off ball,, lol and we gave it away,,,
    Very sad West Ham team
  • Ancelloti

Yes please.

:pray:
  • Suz she will beat them into shape
  • Marcelino is someone who I think is very good and he did very well at Villarreal and Valencia. But he’s never played or managed outside of Spain! So, that’s a big risk to take.
  • I can't believe Ancelotti is 60yrs old. He looked 60 ten years ago!
  • Let's bring Bonzo back as manager
  • That back hair is problem for me
  • edited December 2019
    MIAHammer said:

Let's bring Bonzo back as manager

Let's not, being a yo-yo club wasn't fun...

Now here's a new angle, the Guardian reckons the win at Chelsea is being credited to assistant coach Enzo Maresca taking over training the week before and he could be given a caretaker role if Pellegrini is sacked. :hmm:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/11/enzo-maresca-west-ham-manuel-pellegrini-sacking-chelsea-mastermind-victory
This discussion has been closed.