West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• What about Bielsa. A bit proven in this country now at least.
  • Unlikely with us swapping places with Leeds unless we wake up.
  • Hamstew said:

That back hair is problem for me

Ian Downie :hmm:
  • Would love to see a young up and coming coach From behind the scenes given a chance. As long as he doesn’t blow the budget on Don Hutchinson, it may just work.
  • Bielsa was reported to have been interviewed a few years ago but produced a file with all the players he wanted to replace and with who so our interest went no further.
  • Football Insider website reckons that Steve Potts and Kevin Keen will take over as joint caretakers if we lose at Saints.
  • I like Steve Potts
  • Bielsa was reported to have been interviewed a few years ago but produced a file with all the players he wanted to replace and with who so our interest went no further.

I was lucky enough, whilst being a Bielsa supporter, to see his desired list...

• Baz, that list of players looks strangely familiar, but I just can't put my finger on where I've seen it before. Mind you, it definitely looks like a team that might possibly win the EPL one day :biggrin:
  • From Pelle’s presser today

“You must be very concentrated in defending and try to score aswell”

A very insightful analysis on the core principles of the game from our £7m a year manager.
  • Unbelievable
  • Maybe that's why he gets paid the big bucks :lol:
  • That's the sort of insight that comes with experience, proper football man through and through!
  • Baz,

Bielsa had done his homework on us and wanted a big clear out so he could bring his own targets in but that was obviously too rich for the Davids.
  • I hate these periods when it looks like we’re going to give the manager the boot.The only time I wanted it to happen was with Zola who I thought was out of his depth.
    With Pellegrini it looks like it’s going to happen which I think is very sad but inevitable.I was so pleased when we got him and even though we lost those first four games I always thought he would get it right.But now I think the noise is too loud for him to go.
    I really haven’t got the faintest idea who we could get to replace him.
  • edited December 2019
    I also hate it as I feel in a situation where I really want us to win games but at the same time think that if we are to lose its not an awful result as the manager might go. Winning the odd game just prolongs the inevitable imo. If we'd lost to Chelsea he'd have been sacked already I think.
  • Baz,

Bielsa had done his homework on us and wanted a big clear out so he could bring his own targets in but that was obviously too rich for the Davids.

That unfortunately only makes me think even more that he was best man for the job
  • From Pelle’s presser today

“You must be very concentrated in defending and try to score aswell”

A very insightful analysis on the core principles of the game from our £7m a year manager.

To be fair, he didn't give us the benefit of his wisdom in terms of what our midfield should be doing. That's next weeks installment :thumbsup: :bowdown:

#baited breath
  • Baz, have a :lol: as well
  • edited December 2019
    Awwww, Now it feels like the season of giving :biggrin: :hug:

(a bit like West Hams season)
  • Baz I doubt he’s found our midfield yet
  • This is my third year as a season ticket holder. I would maybe get to around 9 home games per season but it involves a lot of travelling, flights, train journeys etc. But it takes a lot of effort and money on my part and sacrifices from my family for me to get to those games. As I’m not seeing that effort replicated by our team then I’m afraid that this season will probably me my last as a season ticket holder. I’m sure that there are many supporters who feel the way that I’m feeling at the moment, maybe the team will turn things around, who knows, I find it difficult to see that happening. Am I being unfair or unreasonable to expect more from our team.
  • DJ

I am sure that if the team made even 50% of the effort in the games that you make in getting to games we’d all be delighted
  • The daily star (I know, I know) has us supposedly trying to sound out the Poch

• Article about Ancelotti on the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50761194

"He likes to work with difficult presidents; Silvio Berlusconi, Abramovich, Florentino Perez, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, De Laurentiis, he likes them all."

:ok:

"He has this desire to work with experienced professionals, he is not really there to motivate you to play this game. He feels that should be your job and you should know how to do it already."

:hmm:

"He is the kind of man who in the big moments hopes you have enough instructions to think for your own self without having to refer to him or anything else. It is about growing your own understanding and being a leader who can take the game by the scruff of the neck."

:weep:

I'm out
  • No to Ancelotti for me.
  • For those lovers of stats, I’ve just seen an article on the bbc about Europe’s deadliest strikers this season - percentage of shots scored from.

Topping the list is Jamie Vardy

Second? A certain Lucas Perez. Yep the very same one we sold as part of a clear out of strikers, to be replaced by a £45m striker who no longer starts

Third? Maxi Gomez - the £45m striker who didn’t want to be part of Sully’s West Ham project
  • For those lovers of stats, I’ve just seen an article on the bbc about Europe’s deadliest strikers this season - percentage of shots scored from.

Topping the list is Jamie Vardy

Second? A certain Lucas Perez. Yep the very same one we sold as part of a clear out of strikers, to be replaced by a £45m striker who no longer starts

Third? Maxi Gomez - the £45m striker who didn’t want to be part of Sully’s West Ham project

I always said stats were pointleess
  • theyre certainly not 'fun'! :weep:
This discussion has been closed.