West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• I think Slav is an impact manager and will always do well initially but his limitations get exposed once his team are worked out by the opposition and his initial getting of the players on his side has worn off. I think his strength is man management but that alone doesn't prevail over time.

1would say Pelle is a better manager and his CV suggests as much but he has fallen short in the transfer market with us as he has not replaced Adrian sufficiently and also collected too many midfielders and not enough attackers leaving Hellar isolated and Antonio without replacement.

Diangana is getting great reviews by baggies fans. I must add up front the poster was not entirely agreed with but one posted wrote that he was in the same league as Lawrie Cunningham, anyone who knows any fans of the Baggies will know that this is about the highest praise he could of got.
  • https://www.footballinsider247.com/west-ham-first-choice-very-keen-to-land-manager-job/

Football insider reporting in an exclusive that Eddie Howe is the preferred first choice of the board, & that he is interested in the role.
  • To add, Howe is now evens for the role, with Ex reporting that several of Howe’s backroom staff have connections with West Ham.
  • I’d be excited by Howe.
  • edited November 2019
    I'd like Howe as manager but I'm not going to believe it until I see a photo of him with a huge grin and a West Ham shirt at the London Stadium.
  • I worry that he another Joey Beauchamp. He doesn’t seem to like being away from Bournemouth. I doubt he will move his family so may welll travel up and down if indeed he joined us.
  • Dare I also suggest that Howe might also have plateaued? Should we have actually got him a few years ago? At a time when Bournemouth have actually spent a bit of money on players, they are now meandering along somewhat aren’t they?
  • edited November 2019
    So the Mirror according to BBC gossip page say Pellegrini has 2 more games.

I reckon he has got till the Southampton game on the 14th. I reckon if he loses the next 3 he will be gone just before the Southampton game.
  • edited November 2019
    If we get spanked tomorrow I think he'll be gone.
  • I give very, very little attention to all the reports of how long Pelligrini has or who the board have short listed as a replacement. Who knows what Gold and Sullivan are thinking or saying in their private discussions. It's all gossip, not that gossip doesn't have a place.
  • edited November 2019
    I’m just not getting excited about a lot of the names suggested. Not Howe, Dyche or rafa.

I’d be happier if they took a gamble on say someone like Arteta with jack collison as his assistant.
  • Honestly I would lose my mind with excitement if Collison got it. I love him the most
  • So the Mirror according to BBC gossip page say Pellegrini has 2 more games.

I reckon he has got till the Southampton game on the 14th. I reckon if he loses the next 3 he will be gone just before the Southampton game.

Next manager to start with Fab is back to give them the best chance of having a good bounce?
  • According to ex, one of the hesitations the Board have about pulling the trigger right now is that they would have considerable difficulty finding ANY manager who could get a positive result whilst Roberto remains in goal
  • :hmm: plus the 15-20 mil they would have to pay out
  • More than Suze :hmm:
  • More than Suze :hmm:

I will fight Suz for him, and I won't lose.
  • 100% its the money.
  • Unless OCS was actually referring to your love for Suze, Alderz? :hmm:
  • Baracks that doesn’t make a lot of sense considering it was Pelle who brought in Roberto and insists on playing him. Sacking him and getting a manager who wouldn’t select Roberto should allay their reservations.
    Unfortunately we don’t have an adequate keeper replacement at the moment.
  • Source on KUMB (which is apparently reliable) claims that Eddie Howe & Jason Tindall met with the board yesterday.
  • So Howe would presumably be in breach of his own contract if he did so (without the blessing of his employers)
  • He’s out of contract next summer &, given what he’s done for them, they may have sanctioned it.
  • A quote from a Guardian interview Eddie Howe has given -

I’m very proud to manage the club but I know on the flip side when I talk about Mauricio (Pochettino) , how fragile the job can be and that longevity can then be used as a weakness against you.

‘I’ve been here too long, need a change,’ all of those things, so you’re sort of battling those two things all of the time.

I think there’s a lot to be said for, probably from my side, if you’re happy in the environment you are in and you are trusted by very good people above you and the conditions are right for you to do your best work, then that is worth so much.

I think that would probably be a bigger thing for me than anything else.”
  • I’m really confident tomorrow will be Pelle’s last game.

I’d LOVE to think the board have a replacement basically signed and sealed, but I fear we’ll end up with a Moyes-esque stop-gap until the end of the season, minimum.
  • Pelle has been given two games, yet I think we all expect a comfortable loss tomorrow.

What do the board expect we will achieve in the next two games? Chelsea & Wolves away? Two defeats I am expecting.
  • Wolves away was probably our worst performance of last season and we had fab in goal. And they are now playing reasonably well too
  • If tomorrow’s defeat involves another goalkeeping clanger, I should imagine that will be the end of Pelle at West Ham
  • They might as well just pull the trigger now...... :ok:
  • What happens if we win ........................And yes i have had a few :redwine: :redwine: :redwine:
This discussion has been closed.