West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• edited November 2019
    I have reached the stage where I wish Pellegrini could turn it around and get us back to playing the way we did in August/September but if he got sacked tomorrow I wouldn't much care.

Chris Hughton ticks a few boxes, ex-Hammer, local lad (Forest Gate), Premier League managerial experience.

He'll be 61 in a couple of weeks. Didn't realise he was that old! How time flies...
  • Regardless of whether they would come or be available or whatever, which manager anywhere would get the best out of our current squad of players?
    You can include Pep, St. Brendan, Klopp, etc.
  • Maybe Hughton is this season's Moyes and we'll sign Benitez in the summer.
  • Chris Hughton would tick the box of being available to so they wouldn’t need to pay comp to get a manager already in a role. Fits Sully’s business model to a tee
  • Alders.

Why would I complain about the style of play? We have no style and haven’t for years. We need passion and desire in our game . Style would come with better players but this club is miles from being able to play with style.
    We get out fought in every game as our players are gutless and get such an easy ride at this club.
    We need a side playing for our club and supporters. Style is something you have to earn the right to be able to show it.
  • And Diop is suspended against Chelsea for his lack of guts?

Also note that Fredericks is now one game away from a ban.
  • edited November 2019
    Aslef,

And Diop is suspended against Chelsea for his lack of guts?

Sorry I missed that where did that happen? Kane fouls him and then he gets booked!

The only style I want is a wining one. :whistle:
  • You get banned for 5 yellows, if memory serves the other 4 were for being a little too ''gutsy'''.
  • edited November 2019
    I like Houghton as a person but not sure about his style of play ( Ive seen a few Brighton games ). If there is any truth in the rumour then it can only be because he's free. Personally I wouldn't want to see a " stop gap " manager like Moyes was. Have the guts to get your man and give him a few quid in January , to plug any weakness he sees then he can start all over again in June!
  • Alders.

Why would I complain about the style of play? We have no style and haven’t for years. We need passion and desire in our game . Style would come with better players but this club is miles from being able to play with style.
    We get out fought in every game as our players are gutless and get such an easy ride at this club.
    We need a side playing for our club and supporters. Style is something you have to earn the right to be able to show it.

Because Dyche plays awful football and I remember that you weren’t exactly a happy bunny with the way Allardyce played.
  • I wasn't into this at all but I'm warming to the idea of Dyche.
  • Another no from me
  • Given Dyche is already in a job, if sully did have a shortlist of potential successors to pelle, he wouldn’t be on it.
  • Ex says Dyche has approached the club.
  • Not my first choice ,But at lest he would get into those overpaid want to be footballers who call themselves West ham
  • edited November 2019
    Hamstew said:

Ex says Dyche has approached the club.

Surely Dyche wouldn't be that daft. Breach of contract? :hmm:

Wouldn't surprise me if this came via Sully in the hope that Burnley would sack him for misconduct and we can get him without paying compensation :lol:
  • Dyche is gonna want to progress at some point.

Only so much he can achieve there.
  • Dyche does at least know how to get the best out of a centre forward by crossing the ball into the big man in the middle.
  • Would he not be viewed as an Allerdyce / Moyes type manager?
  • Lukerz we are hardly a step up at the moment
  • edited November 2019
    Ex reporting that Eddie Howe is interested in the job
  • If not pelle I’d like that one
  • Sacking Pellegrini and hiring either Dyche or Howe would cost G&S in the region of £30m.

Considering they couldn't fund a replacement for Pedro Obiang I think there's absolutely no chance of a managerial change before the summer at the earliest.
  • Pelle is still with us. Why would managers currently in a job be saying they are interested in managing us?
  • Dyche is a no nonsense manager and would be OK for me as he would get the overpaid WHU players to deliver or usher them out. Eddie Howe is unlikely to leave Bournemouth and would wait until Man U sack Solskar or may be he would end up at Arsenal. Frankly, I did not see anything wrong with Moyes. He had tactical nous and stabilised the team with 3-5-2. I haven't seen any tactical change from Pellegrini. His player recruitment has also been poor.
  • Sacking Pellegrini and hiring either Dyche or Howe would cost G&S in the region of £30m.

Considering they couldn't fund a replacement for Pedro Obiang I think there's absolutely no chance of a managerial change before the summer at the earliest.

Relegation will cost them more
  • edited November 2019
    Lukerz said:

Sacking Pellegrini and hiring either Dyche or Howe would cost G&S in the region of £30m.

Relegation will cost them more
    Of course. But if that's looking like a genuine risk and they do get rid of Pellegrini, his replacement is much more likely to be Chris Hughton rather than Dyche or Howe.
  • Houghton. Next level stuff
  • Hamstew said:

Houghton. Next level stuff

Your right hamstew not at all
  • Well 5 th from bottom
    If villa win we 4 th from bottom
    It’s nearly Christmas and very unlikely we win this side of the moon.
    We need a cherub
This discussion has been closed.