West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• Basically if you look at all of the dynamic duo’s signings, only Fab right now is an unqualified success. And if Roberto was available to us a year ago, fab wouldn’t be at our club

:lol:
  • baracks,

The silver lining would be that we wouldn't now be looking to replace a back up keeper as he would have been our first choice. :whistle:
  • edited November 2019
    Can't disagree baracks.

Yarmolenko has been a bit sketchy.

Wilshere has played about 14 times since he signed and has contributed very little.

Anderson, Diop and Balbuena had a great first season but have regressed massively this time round.

Haller is a shadow of the player he was at Frankfurt.

Fornals and Ajeti has been anonymous.

Roberto and Sanchez could well go down as two of our worst ever signings.

So yeah, not a great reflection on the judgement of the management team.
  • I also blame him for Lanzini's form :whistle:
  • .. and injury.

After all, who's decision was it extend his contract?
  • edited November 2019
    :carew: And all that.
  • edited November 2019
    Hey listen guys I’ve got something for you. It’s about one of our players. Roberto. He doesn’t want to play for us anymore...
  • Hey listen guys I’ve got something for you. It’s about one of our players. Roberto. He doesn’t want to play for us anymore...

Did he ever?
  • Remind me when did he start?
  • IronHerb said:

Cue Baz in heavenly raptures! :lol:

Earmmm... I feel like a how very dare you should be my response but instead I instantly wondered what heavenly raptures felt like and where I could purchase them

• :weep:

exactly, don't think Pelle has it in him,no passion shown, how must that make players feel,a dummy manager....!!
  • edited November 2019

They actually wanted Roberto ahead of fab though according to Ex.

That in itself is remarkable

But no evidence to say its true.

Roberto hardly covered himself with glory the season before, on loan at Malaga he conceded 51 goals in 34 games and spent the last three on the bench. Husillos was director of football that season but he didn't join until October so didn't actually sign Roberto.

The season before that he'd started as Espanyol's first choice keeper but was replaced after conceding 8 goals in two games. He played twice in the Cup conceding two goals to Alcorcon (2nd Div) over two legs (lost on penalties) and twice in La Liga conceding another four goals.

On that form I don't believe Pellegrini (or even Husillos) would have wanted Roberto ahead of Fabianski.
    Cuz1 said:

I’d agree and can’t believe how shot he looks but I read today he hasn’t started a game before us since apr 2018 so no wonder

His last league game was for Malaga in 30 April 2018, lost 2-1 away to Real Betis, but he played Cup games for Espanyol, last one was 30 January this year, lost 3-1 AET (4-2 agg) away at Real Betis.

I'm guessing he doesn't enjoy trips to the Benito Villamarín Stadium.
  • Well the Roberto over Fab thing came from ex - who is arguably reasonably reliable

So that’s good enough for me.

And given how keen they were to sign Sanchez when seemingly the rest of the world could see what a joke he is, then it comes as no surprise to me that they rate Roberto also
  • So how many Pellexiteers clicked on the bbc gossip column and saw “Pellegrini” in the headline, were enthused, to then be disheartened when the Pellegrini in question actually turned out to be a player reported to be wanted by another club
  • Former Liverpool and Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez has had an illuminating chat with the Euro Leagues team in this week's podcast.

The Spaniard has been talking about his his new life in China and it seems that he'd be up for a return to the Premier League in the future.

Rafa Benitez ?
  • Yes please on Rafa. Proper manager
  • The mirror are running with the story. That West Ham will turn their sights to Rafa Benitez if they part ways with Pellegrini.
    The papers are on the train now, Pressure on Pellegrini will be massive now.
  • I'm not sure Pellegrini knows what pressure is, if he were in a burning building he'd just stoically stroll towards the exit.

Rafa left Newcastle because they didn't "share his ambition" which I think is code for they wouldn't give him the transfer funds he wanted. He's not going to come back to the Premier League unless he gets a cast iron guarantee that he's going to get a big budget to play with.
  • He would probably get more of a budget with West Ham than he had at Newcastle. Whether it would be enough to match his ambitions who knows.
  • I am hoping that Pellerini will sort us out but if we do jump, then I would be happy with Rafa, I think he is astute enough to recognize the opportunity at WHU, for whatever reason it seems that the wheels have fallen off but, IMO, we actually have a good capable squad and assuming he is able to get them playing the way i believe they can, he would be looking pretty good.
  • It's the great West Ham puzzle that it doesn't matter who the owners are, who the manager is, who the players are, where we're playing but we always seem to struggle in the top flight.
    We do better in the 2nd. level (2nd. Division/Championship) never staying there for more than 2 or 3 seasons. Maybe that's our level.
  • A manager change this season will at least add a bit of interest
  • Who for?

I'm always interested in West Ham.
  • I wonder if we could tempt Pochettino, or is he bound for Madrid
  • He'll be off to a top European club with Champions League football.
  • MrsGrey said:

He'll be off to a top European club with Champions League football.

That's us then :lol:
  • She said Champions league not championship :whistle:
  • MrsGrey said:

He'll be off to a top European club with Champions League football.

Like Tottenham are this season. ;)

• I wouldn't want him. A few wins and have to deal with links to Utd and Madrid before every game
This discussion has been closed.