West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• So, have I got this right?

Pelle needs to go because with the players at his disposal we should be doing a lot better.

But, the squad is really poor, because Husillos is rubbish, and has got us loads of poor players.

But, the squad is actually really poor because the board won't invest properly.

So, Pelle needs to go because with the players at his disposal we should be doing a lot better, and all we need is a change of manager.
  • That's about right grey :thumbsup:
  • Yes to your 1st statement Grey :ok:
    Not sure about your 2nd statement
    Or your 3rd.
    4th- 100% Grey u nailed it :ok:
  • Whether the squad is poor or not. Pellegrine is not getting the best out of them. Imo
    The players dont look intrested seen unhappy, no urgency in play, which makes it look like they are not trying. Imo
    In fact Pellegrine comes across as looking uninterested, how can he then motivate squad and crowd.
  • he is past it IMO at the highest level (Which was the case when we took him on) which probably explains his desire to cash in when he went to China.
  • If China is evidence of Pelle being not interested or past it then we should be steering clear of Benitez?
  • edited November 2019
    But Alderz, with what Benitez had to deal with at newcastle, you can't compare it, Pelle has had much more support financially than Benitez ever did at Newcastle, just ask any Toon fan about their owner, all agree....Benitez, with Pelle's budget would have got much better results than the dinosaur we have IMO. But I'd take him now anyway compared to who we have, not that he'd possibly be my 1st choice, but worth the risk IMO.
  • alderz said:

If China is evidence of Pelle being not interested or past it then we should be steering clear of Benitez?

I don’t disagree, Alderz which is why his decision to go there has planted seeds of doubt in my mind as to whether I would want him
  • Benitez is a much better all round manager than Pelligrini in my opinion. Would be a nice upgrade, but would prefer Di Canio.
  • I only said Rafa Benitez because that's what the papers were chucking up as a point of discussion.

I'm still on the Eddie Howe Hype train. Young manager, moved through the leagues, plays good football. Hit and miss on his transfer policy which would be his only downfall for me. But has been on a constant upwards trajectory in my opinion.

Unfortunately Bournemouth's finances / ambition to do anything beyond exist in the Premier League is preventing him from moving them further up.
  • edited November 2019
    would prefer Di Canio.

On account of the roaring success he has had so far?
  • would prefer Di Canio.

On account of the roaring success he has had so far?
    Oh Grey that's so unfair ............... Di Canio has won .... erm, erm, well maybe £30 on the lottery
  • Di Canio was a great player but he would last about 6 weeks as the manager of any Premier League club.
  • So, have I got this right?

Pelle needs to go because with the players at his disposal we should be doing a lot better.

But, the squad is really poor, because Husillos is rubbish, and has got us loads of poor players.

But, the squad is actually really poor because the board won't invest properly.

So, Pelle needs to go because with the players at his disposal we should be doing a lot better, and all we need is a change of manager.

What is your thoughts grey!
  • loved Di Canio as a WHU player but manager :hmm: My first thought was mad as a box of frogs. Is that fair :puzzled:

• Di Canio spent 22 months at Swindon, 6 months at Sunderland and has done nothing since September 2013. He doesn't seem to have even applied for a managerial job since he was turned down by Rotherham in September 2015 and then again in February 2016.

I suspect he's given up on being a manager.
  • He’s waiting for the west ham job
  • Jake Humphrey has just said Steven Gerrard is third favourite to get the West Ham managers job after Howe (2nd) and Benitez (1st).

:nonono:
  • Based, I assume, on Lampard's success at Chelsea.

Howe would be mad to leave Bournemouth for us. I have wanted Benitez in the past, but not so sure now. Over Pellegrini, yes, but I'd love to see a young manager with potential come in. Never liked Gerrard as a player, but I can't help but think he'd be more in touch with the game as it is today than Pellegrini is.
  • Gerrard wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole. His stock is really high at the moment.

Probably similar for Howe.

Benitez looks most likely.

I just desperately want Pelle gone. None of the players are putting a shift in for him now. There’s no coming back from that.
  • Bournemouth now 2 down with 10 men.

• Pointless thinking about Gerrard. Surely he's being tracked by Liverpool to succeed Klopp? We look like we need new ideas though. Sometimes Pelegrini seems so uninterested on the sudelines
  • Yoyo :ok: He probably gets more excited watching a telenovela :doh:
  • Left field

Jack Collison.

Short on coaching experience but has his coaching badges. Let him be our Nagelsman
  • Left field

Jack Collison.

Short on coaching experience but has his coaching badges. Let him be our Nagelsman

All logic is telling me this is a terrible idea. And yet I want it to happen so, so much
  • edited November 2019
    Yes Alderz, no logic at all. Probably the stupidest suggestion ever. But in my dreams it would be the most brilliant master stroke ever
  • Mad dog next
  • Bilic back please
  • Left field

Jack Collison.

Why go for a substitute just go and get Nagelsman. If we hestitate we will lose out yet again. Should have gone for Jose, look where he ended up. Emery is on borrowed time at Arsenal so when he goes who will replace him? Ancellotti is having trouble at Napoli but the consensus is we need to go for a young manager, Solari wants to manage in the Premier League?
This discussion has been closed.