West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• No more old fogies please
  • Fortune

I would absolutely love someone like nagelsman but sully doesn’t have it in him to get a young, dynamic manager on an upwards career path.
  • baracks,

He should listen to what Joe Cole said earlier on BT about the type of manager he would like to takeover if what seems imminent were to happen.
  • baracks,

He should listen to what Joe Cole said earlier on BT about the type of manager he would like to takeover if what seems imminent were to happen.

Didn't see that Fortune, what was the gist of what Joe Cole said?
  • Please let us get rid of our manager before Arsenal get rid of theirs, otherwise I fear we will end up with Dick
  • edited November 2019
    buffy,

My understanding of what he said was we need a younger manager or at least one who will help progress the good players from the youth academy like we used to do so it lays the platform for the long term. Here is the key point he made -

Asked if he would be interested in the role should it become vacant, Cole added "I would love to see West Ham do well. For this club historically they need a young manager with a plan.
  • Thanks Fortune :ok:
  • Fortune - sarcasm?

• Why go for a substitute just go and get Nagelsman. If we hestitate we will lose out yet again. Should have gone for Jose, look where he ended up.

sarcasm?

• ASLEF,

No, just trying to make a point that the owners need to decide what they really want. We have all heard this about challenging at the top end of the table but we are at the opposite end. I understand Fabianski would have probably given us a better set of results but the stats indicate he made the most saves last season so that doesn't say much for the people playing in front of him! I have said it before I have to question whether they have the money to be able to fund a realistic bid for regularly competing for the top six and paying a manager to help us do that. Pelle is on a big salary but doesn't appear to be able to find a solution to our current demise.
  • Was hoping Joe Cole would say Harry with him and Rio as assistants
  • Nagelsman has just gone to RB Leipzig this summer. They’re second in the Bundesliga and in the Champions League. Do you think we can get Pep as well?! Or maybe Klopp? Lampard?
  • edited November 2019
    Adam,

Any ideas who we should go for? The board can either carry on talking the talk but not do the walk or actually show they mean business and try their upmost to put into operation a plan for one of the most successful eras in the clubs long history.
  • For the record, Marco Silva - who appears to be on the brink - has won 25 and lost 22 of his 58 games in charge of Everton. Manuel Pellegrini has won 22 and lost 25 of his 58 at West Ham
  • You can’t argue with stats
  • So both of them could be looking for a new job soon. :whistle:
  • You can’t argue with stats

As I learn every day at work, you definitely can!
  • Fortune

Unfortunately, no. Good thing it’s not my job!
  • :hmm: How about Laurent Blanc..
  • Is that a bottle of white wine ?
  • Adam,

Any ideas who we should go for? The board can either carry on talking the talk but not do the walk or actually show they mean business and try their upmost to put into operation a plan for one of the most successful eras in the clubs long history.

Isn't this what they are trying to do? :hmm:
  • Ironherb,

No, I have seen no evidence we are on the road to achieving this since Slaven was here & sorry he couldn't have kept us going in the right direction.
  • I’m warming to the idea of a young manager that needs to prove himself. Pellers should be able to avoid relegation easily with GK and Antonio back.
  • ibl,

Isn't that Groundhog Day in another season that was supposed to offer so much but ends with us being made to feel content with us staying up.
  • The man for the job is Sean Dyche.
    Tough talking no holds barred leader and tough manager. He does a brilliant job with Burnley.
    He would get rid of the abundance of softies that inhabit West Ham and instil a bit of pride in the team. Until we get a will to win at this club nothing will improve on the playing front.

• If we had Sean Dyche you would be the first to complain about style of play and hammer the owners for it.
  • The Guardian reports we have identified Chris Hughton as a replacement.
  • Lukerz said:

The Guardian reports we have identified Chris Hughton as a replacement.

🙃
  • Yes another one not for me
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

The Guardian reports we have identified Chris Hughton as a replacement.

🙃
    Agree with Cuz. Don't see him as a step up
This discussion has been closed.