West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• Would he not be viewed as an Allerdyce / Moyes type manager?

I think the difference would be that Dyche is actually doing a good job in the PL. Allardyce and Moyes were both out of work and their stock was not particularly high when we hired them.

Burnley aren't the most attractive team in the league and I can see why the comparison has been made, but he's got Burnley playing effective, point-amassing football which, given our current predicament, is rather appealing right now.
  • Lukerz said:

Dyche is gonna want to progress at some point.

Only so much he can achieve there.

And he could achieve more here?

It seems to me that some people overestimate just how big a club West Ham are. Right now we're no bigger than Burnley or Bournemouth so for Dyche or Howe it would be a sideways move not a step up.
  • edited November 2019
    I certainly don’t overestimate how big we are. We aren’t big.

However we are a clear step up for somebody like Dyche & Howe. We have spent £90m on two players in the last 18 months. Neither of those have spent anywhere near that in their entire tenures, combined!

Not to mention Bournemouth hold 11,000 people in their ground.

That is not bias. That is fact.

Both are going to want to progress at some point. We aren’t the biggest fish around but we would represent a fresh challenge & decent potential.
  • I would imagine Howe is far more likely to replace Emery than Pellegrini
  • Interesting no mention of chris wilder
  • edited November 2019
    Possibly but depends how quickly we act at the end of the day.

I don't know why there is a scepticism as to whether Howe would come here.

60,000 seater stadium, London, long history of top level football, better wages, players signed for £45m...

At the very least it's a sideways step in more luxurious surroundings, but clearly has the potential to be a step up.

Whether the board would sack Pelle, pay him off & then approach Bournemouth, willing to pay what is required to get Howe, that is another question.

But if the question is 'what would attract Howe to West Ham'?

Plenty.
  • Interestingly, Howe's current contract expires next summer.
  • Yes or maybe he’s happy in his comfort zone knowing he won’t be sacked, he left once and didn’t last long home sickness was one of the reasons given
  • Ex seems to think Silva is getting the boot tomorrow

Howe will be in the running for them
  • As is Moyes
  • edited November 2019
    As is Rafa
  • steve,

Would Rafa go to EFC after managing the red half?
  • I can’t believe people want Dyche. It will be Big Sam 2.0. When we start to go on a bad run with Dyche, there’ll be massive negativity because of the style of play. How quickly we forget!
  • Yeah I think you're right actually
  • Let’s be brave, we want a young upcoming manager, a former West Ham player, someone who wears his heart on his sleeve and who would die for the cause. He’s right before our eyes and doing a job for Fulham, I give you Scotty Parker.
  • I would love Dyche, or anyone with a bit of passion to spare!
  • Eddie Howe or any other young dynamic manager
  • edited November 2019
    A comparison to ponder.
    When we played (and I use that term very loosely) Burnley 2 weeks ago, Dyche put out a team of 9 Englishmen, 1 Irishman, and 1 New Zealander, none of whom were big money signings.
    They all share the same work ethic (and dare I say culture) and there seem to be no super-egos.
    Dyche speaks the same language as his players meaning it's much easier to get his message across.

MP put out a team of 4 Englishmen, 1 Scotsman, 2 Frenchmen, 2 Spaniards, 1 Brazilian, and 1 Paraguayan, 4 of whom were big money signings.
    There doesn't appear to be a common work ethic but there does appear to be some super-egos.
    MP speaks a language that apparently none of them understand. (Well maybe 3 of them :biggrin: )

The point being, would Dyche's management style work with our squad?

• Pelle might think he is under the pump but Everton’s next five games are against Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and arsenal!!
  • He would need to teach them to constantly kick the opposition and time waste at home with the score 0-0 first.
  • Scotty Parker...one day, but a big jump in the dark this season. Even Lampard had a full season with Derby. But I half agree, DJ. ;)
  • If Everton get Moyes, then they will win a few of those. Gutted we didn't keep him.
  • Arteta? He was a cultured player and Id imagine hes learned plenty from Pep too. Coincidentally Pep mentions Arteta will be a manager. He's not been linked with anyone and if it helps derail City then I'm good with it ;)
  • Baz , I would not be against that, but 4 different reasons!!..

If anyone checks in on C & H , then Moyes seems the 1st choice...This has left me feeling all :hmm:

Good luck to the Dave's, & our manager, whether that remains Pelle or someone new..
  • Moyes? No thank you.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Arteta? He was a cultured player and Id imagine hes learned plenty from Pep too. Coincidentally Pep mentions Arteta will be a manager. He's not been linked with anyone and if it helps derail City then I'm good with it ;)

He was linked to Arsenal today I think?
  • Even if I wanted Moyes, I dont see why he'd trust the owners or want to work with them after how he was dispatched previously
  • I'd rather keep the current manager than have Moyes. Can't stand that guy.
  • Maybe we should roll the dyche on a proven English manager?
  • Maybe we should roll the dyche on a proven English manager?

Howe's that then :hmm:
This discussion has been closed.