Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• He could be my hero baby
  • Fine I'll get my own coat if none of you are going to oblige. How rude. :yercoat:
  • Gomez officially confirmed by Valencia

It was fun while it lasted
  • Fun it wasn’t, frustrating & time consuming it was. 👍. Now we have Haller he is believed to be waiting for Manchester United to sell Lukaku!
  • Rumours oxford to Augsburg for 2.5 million, why do we give our players away?
  • He's out of contract next year - he's been no use to us whatsoever since his debut - given his generally poor loan showings, who do you imagine would think he is worth more?
  • Me, in the over inflated transfer market
  • Even if he goes on to be a superstar for someone else, he really is not much use to us. May as well get something for him rather than zip.
  • This seems to be the current position on Haller

• Makes sense

Yes we could (and probably will) lose him in a season or two, but we make a decent profit (you'll imagine)....but most importantly we get him in

Gonna have to do deals like this to get players of champions league quality
  • Lots of ifs and buts, however if he makes enough of an impression with us in the prem to generate CL interest, any release clause should not be below £100m
  • Lots of ifs and buts, however if he makes enough of an impression with us in the prem to generate CL interest, any release clause should not be below £100m

That's fair enough, but I bet he wont join with a release clause that high
  • I don’t see why not. Maxi has a eur130m clause with Valencia.
  • But Valencia are already a CL club.
  • I personally don’t see that as being relevant in setting a release fee.
  • But it might be relevant in what a player will settle for, as per WHUs+your earlier debate about the type of contract Haller would sign.
  • If there's an exit clause for a CL club, the release fee is irrelevant.
  • edited July 2019

If there's an exit clause for a CL club, the release fee is irrelevant.

If we allow an exit to a CL club we would also need to stipulate a min fee for this to happen. If not, we would be bonkers to go for the deal?
  • One assumes it would have a minimum time served agreement, too. I mean, if he signs this week with a big club release clause, could Man U activate the clause later in the window if they sell Lukaku? :hmm:
  • One assumes it would have a minimum time served agreement, too. I mean, if he signs this week with a big club release clause, could Man U activate the clause later in the window if they sell Lukaku? :hmm:

Maybe, but then we can go and trigger Maxi’s new release fee
  • But then again, what team would trigger a £60mil or so release clause a week after another paid about half that?
  • I'm just speculating. Maybe Man U don't have the money until Lukaku goes, or maybe FFP means they can't afford Haller and Lukaku in the same team, so can't bid yet.
  • I've been thinking lately, I wonder how many of the rumours that are leaked are actually part of the club's disinformation strategy, if any.
    If I was after Striker A at a decent price, and I knew that my mid-table competition were looking for a good player, I'd use a fake number to text Sky Sports News that we were looking at Striker B and Defender C, and I might even send someone over to meet Striker D, too. Just to keep interest in Striker A low.

Or do I need to increase the Omega 3 in my diet?
  • Sebastien Haller at £36m (West Ham) or Lewis Dunk at £45m (Leicester) - both rumours

Who is getting the better deal?
  • Im not knocking Dunk but if I earmarked 45M for a defender (cant believe I even thought about allocating that much for one!) I'd want better than him (hes 27?). Surely there are cheaper options. That said, I'll take him at 4.5M if he joins Leicester for the fantasy premier league ;)

Ohhh, they can have young Oxford and have 42.5M spare.... :whistle:
  • https://www.deepdaledigest.com/news/report-preston-in-advanced-talks-to-buy-jordan-hugill/

I think somebody floated the idea that this was a possibility on July 11, I wonder who? :whistle:
  • But Maguire isn’t worth £80m so £45 for Dunk kinda adds up. Anyway if this happens then Brighton join Newcastle and probably Villa in going down.
  • edited July 2019
    Been out fishing today, came home to see 20 odd posts on this here transfer thread.”Ooh looks like something’s happening at last.”

Should’ve had another few hours on the bank. :biggrin:

• Sebastien Haller at £36m (West Ham) or Lewis Dunk at £45m (Leicester) - both rumours

Who is getting the better deal?

Brighton?
This discussion has been closed.