Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Maybe he wasn’t happy with the terms offered by Valencia or maybe it’s just Sky being Sky.
  • We have asked to take Higuain on loan according to Di Marzio.
  • It's on wikipedia it must be true ? :whistle:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sébastien_Haller
  • edited July 2019
    Fabianski/Roberto

Fredericks/Zabaleta
    Balbuena/Reid
    Diop/Ogbonna
    Masuaku/Cresswell

Noble/Obiang
    Rice/Sanchez

Yarmolenko/Snodgrass
    Wilshere/Lanzini
    Anderson/Fornals

Hernandez/Antonio

Looks to be our current situation regarding a first and second 11.
  • Bild reporting Haller doesn't want to join us, wants a champions league club...or putting it more simply....see everything withGomez

That's the problem we have, we want a player to take us to the next level, but these players will see that as a step down as think they can already play for a team of that level

I wonder if the club should look to add release clauses for these players. Say haller signs we say his release clause is £60mil for teams in the champions league

Means we have no power, but it means we may get these players in more easily and we would still be making a good profit

Obviously this is hypothetical as you dont know if these rumours are true or not, but seeing our past big targets Bacca, Gomez, Lacazette, Batshuyai etc all the rumours were about them going to a champions league club (which tbf they did)
  • Lukerz

Cresswell is still here
  • Lukerz

Cresswell is still here

:wink:
  • Ha ha we are going to end up with Higuain aren't we :doh:
  • Considering he's been one of the best strikers in Europe for the last ten years, it's weird to me how much I don't want Higuain to join us
  • For me I'm going on my Chelsea mates who thought he was pony for them. Also from the little I have seen him I'd agree. Also I thought we were going down the route to get younger players.
  • More like we are going to end with Sturridge and/or Wellbeck...
  • Nope to Higuain, hes not THAT old at 31 but hes way past his best and failed at both AC Milan and Chelsea last year....if you doesn't seen either playing for those two cant imagine he'll be motivate at all to play for us

Plus the whole reason Juve want rid is his wages of £300k, they'd expect the loaning team to pick up most of that....which is ridiculous and throwing money down the toilet
  • Sky Sports " understand!" Juve want £36m for him, seems a lot for a 31 year old who's possibly on his way down.
  • Chelsea had the option to make it permanent for £36mil as well...they didnt think he was worth it (bear in mind he was 1 of only 2 players they could sign permanently with the ban in place)
  • Rumours
    36 mil plus Javier for Thauvin
    45 million plus obiang for Belotti
  • Maxi has landed in Valencia this morning (pictures by Marca). So unless West Ham’s medical facilities are based there I think this one is well and truly done now
  • Didn’t Thauvin absolutely flop at Newcastle?
  • Just checked. He did, he’s only ever scored goals in his most recent spell at Marseille and is a winger. If he’s the answer to our striker problems I don’t think we’ve asked the right question.
  • So if we are to believe the rumours concerning strikers in recent times

Bacca didn’t want to join us
    Lacazzette didn’t want to join us
    Bats didn’t want to join us
    Gomez didn’t want to join us
    Haller doesn’t want to join us

A bit of a common theme

:hmm:
  • #NotAlwaysUs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48948345
    Koscielny refuses to go on tour as he attempts to force Arsenal to release him on a free with a year to go on his contract.
  • Well, the common theme wold seem to be they were wanted by more successful clubs, so it isn't terribly surprising to me.
  • Morelos of rangers and Columbia linked. That guy is a nightmare in terms of his temper!
  • edited July 2019

So if we are to believe the rumours concerning strikers in recent times

A bit of a common theme

Bacca - went nowhere
    Laczzette - often benched
    Bats - loaned and benched

So not necessarily the right decisions on their part. :hmm:
  • IH

:ok:

And Bats even ended up at Palace eventually!
  • So if we are to believe the rumours concerning strikers in recent times

A bit of a common theme

Bacca was playing for AC Milan and eventually left for Villarreal who were playing in Europe. Lacazette went to Arsenal and has played European football every year since he moved. Batshuayi went to Chelsea and won the league, and played in Euope for Chelsea, Dortmund and Valencia. Gomez wanted Champions League, and Haller is linked with Champions League teams too.

I think the common theme is European football.

We want these players to push us up to the next level (whatever that is), but like grey said earlier (I think it was grey but I refuse to scroll back :diva:) they think they are already at the next level. Realistically we are going to sign players who haven't made it at the top level yet, and we will need to dig up a gem, probably.
  • "we will need to dig up a gem, probably"
    Hugill
  • edited July 2019
    I’d like to think Pelle and Husillos can conduct a slightly better level of due diligence than the previous regime.

Prior to joining us, Hugill had played for 10 different clubs, including the mighty Seaham Red Star, Jerez Industrial and Marske United.

It was clearly a no brainer as to why we should have chosen to part with £10m to secure his services to take us to that next level
  • edited July 2019
    baracks

But we didn't, did we?

He was a January signing when we found ourselves near the end of the window and had several injured strikers. He was only ever emergency cover.
  • Think the common theme was AC they knew when he was fit he’d play and they couldn’t risk him having a 3-4 week of fitness :whistle:
  • Preston have accepted a bid by a unnamed premier league club for forward Callum Robinson surely not a friend and strike partner of hugill
This discussion has been closed.