Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Preston sell Robinson and then they will have the money to buy Hugill back, :pray:
  • How about Diego Costa?
  • Preston....I don't think thats a bad shout about Costa. He's one of those players that you dislike when they're with another team but having a big guy upfront with a ruthless streak, with a runner along side is not a bad thing
  • Nah, sorry. I tried, but no can do.
  • First reaction to Costa is what's he done and why would A Madrid want rid of him. Obviously hes not the most charismatic and it wasnt that long ago he got out of Chelsea to go to Athletico. Maybe hes age wise just starting to be past sell by date? Hes a big lump so that may tie in.

I didn't think Higuain, movement wise at least, looked that bad at all. There were plenty of voices coming out of Chelsea that he wasn't fit enough and wasn't coping with the EP L pace. Thats pretty normal initially though. He's a real natural predator and I think Anderson, Fornals, Lanzini and Yarmo would lay on plenty for him. Ok wages wise it'll be high (assuming so would Costa) and I would imagine we'd only loan him but I'd totally prefer him over Costa (although I doubt either will be coming)

I'd still be happy with Balotelli coming too :wahoo:
  • So we all say we don’t want diva players, but now we’re in two camps over Balotelli and Costa :lol:
  • Anders Herrera has gone to PSG on a free? They love burning money don't they?
  • edited July 2019
    For me, it isn't that Costa is a diva, I just see him as a nasty piece of work, and would be very disappointed to see him in our shirt. Balotelli is mostly nuts off pitch, as opposed to on it.
  • You sure about that. Balotellis disciplinary record isn't that great
  • Higuain should be a non starter. He looked overweight at Chelsea, already looks like a player coasting to retirement.
  • Antonio is one of the few top flight forwards that can break a defensive line (as showed today). Higuaín and Chicha make it very hard for us to move forward as a team (to the final third). Arnie was great as he allowed us to many options in one package (hence so much better to watch when he played). So I basically a no from me for Higuaín.
  • Balotelli is mostly nuts off pitch, as opposed to on it.

18/19 - Played 25 Yellow 10 Double Yellow 1 Red 1
    17/18 - Played 38 Yellow 15 Double Yellow 0 Red 1
    16/17 - Played 28 Yellow 09 Double Yellow 1 Red 2

That's roughly two bookings every 5 games and sent off twice a season.

NUTS!!!! Whole hazelnuts! Ooohh...
  • Plus he got an additional two game suspension at the start of last season for saying rude things about French referees.
  • VAR would have a field day with Costa
  • Speculation is we are interested in Duvan Zapata.
  • We've also been heavily linked with Carlito Strapatoni
  • edited July 2019
    I heard (can't remember where) that Lukaku is unhappy at MU. I always think we are a similar type of side to Everton so would it be worth having a punt on him. I know he hasn't set the world alight at MU but maybe he just needs a different type of set up and we know he can score goals. Plus it would stop his annoying habit of scoring against us. Own goals omitted of course. :biggrin:
  • mike said:

Speculation is we are interested in Duvan Zapata.

It just wouldn’t feel like a proper transfer window unless somewhere within it we were linked with this guy
  • Inter are reported to have offered £64m in three instalments for Lukaku and were told they have to find £75m.
  • edited July 2019
    West Ham and Eintracht Frankfurt are in talks over the transfer of striker Sebastien Haller, Sky Sports News understands.

West Ham have opened talks with Eintracht Frankfurt over the transfer of striker Sebastien Haller, according to Sky sources.

The Bundesliga club are believed to want at least £40m for the 25-year-old, who scored 20 goals in all competitions last season.

Haller’s representatives are ready to fly to London to discuss terms once a deal is agreed, and both sides increasingly hopeful a deal can be done.

• No? Wrong one? :puzzled:

#I wanna make you Haller and scream my name!
  • He is highly rated be a v good no 9 think Chicharito could play off him. He has good feet and passing for a big guy .
  • His stats suggest he's a very good player.

We won't get him though.
  • He will want European football won’t he?

:biggrin:
  • Didn't we do the Haller thing a few days ago. Bid accepted then he said he wants European football etc?
  • Haller looks like he would be a lot more effective for us than anyone else linked. I’m in.
  • edited July 2019
    This will be tricky for us. It is certainly possible for us to occasionally pull off a transfer coup (punch above our weight) but the timing and circumstance need to be spot on. I come back to the fact that with hindsight we got it wrong in Jan. The owners probably thought we could get more than the (£40m?) offered for Arnie at the time. And possibly that the release clause for Maxi might be a lot less in the summer if Celta were relegated. As it happens neither happened to be the case. Acting clinically in Jan and selling Arnie and putting all the cash into a full release for Gomez there and then MIGHT have paid dividends? Celta would have had to accept and Gomez may have had no other (CL) options. No guarantees though but IMO we’d have stood a far better chance.

Let’s see if Haller comes to fruition. All we can do is put our hat in the ring I guess?
  • Even though we meet a release fee it doesn’t mean the player will want to come. Gomez could easily have said I’ll wait till the summer, we would have to have knocked the Arnie deal on the head and had an even more upset player than we did. It’s never straightforward.
This discussion has been closed.