Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Peter crouch has retired wonder if we could try get a u turn he’s only 38/39 plenty of life in the old dog still
  • No cuz, our criteria is firstly that he needs to be well past it, but also he needs to be out of shape too. He possibly isn’t the latter (yet). We should wait till he’s put on a few pounds and then yes, he should tick all our boxes.
  • Where’s benny when you need him
  • I was thinking more of the one in Crossroads (please ignore this comment if you are under 45 years old)
  • The Haller rumours are gathering momentum, just spoken to a friend of mine in Germany he said Haller carried Eintracht harder than Jovic did. He said it was more notable when Haller wasn't playing than when Jovic wasn't. Said it would be a massive coup for us to get him and thinks he will do a lot better than Jovic in a premier league setting.
  • Don’t do this to us, YeOld. It’s the hope that kills you..
  • Make that 2 different people from Germany who have pretty much said the same thing lol. Said he's on a massive upward trajectory a better build than Jovic for the prem. Not the best with his feet but incredible in the air and is great at making space for himself and other players.
  • “Not the best with his feet”?

I knew there was a catch

:hmm:
  • “Not the best with his feet”?

I knew there was a catch

:hmm:

:ac:
  • Weakness: Holding on to the ball. :hmm:
  • He will want European football won’t he?

:biggrin:

I know we are going through Brexit but isn't England in Europe so he would be getting " European" football? :whistle:
  • Weakness release clause :nonono:
  • As long as you don’t hold it into the net. :biggrin:
  • edited July 2019
    I don’t want to be mean BUT, whoscored say that Carlton Cole doesn’t have any strengths.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/3839/Show/Carlton-Cole

• Payet and Thauvin just beaten by Accrington Stanley Who are they? Steer clear.
  • Me mam says if you drink your milk you might play for Accrington Stanley, who are they lol
  • On ssn we are in talks for Haller and Rondon and have been offered Marega :hmm:
  • All 3 :thumbsup: :wahoo: :clap:
  • Marega no no no
  • When we do sign someone would one of you lovely folks put a link up to his wiki page? My thumb is starting to lose it’s fingerprints.
  • I’m sorry, I know some people won’t agree, but Fabian Delph at £8m is fantastic business that we should be all over.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48972058
  • alderz said:

I’m sorry, I know some people won’t agree, but Fabian Delph at £8m is fantastic business that we should be all over.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48972058

I think we’ve got enough midfielders and then some.

• I don’t, personally.

We are one injury away from Sanchez starting in midfield. We are one Obiang sale away from relying on Jack Wilshere to stay fit all season.
  • You say Haller and i say goodbye :quaver: :yercoat:
  • Haller be thy name
  • Haller, is it me your looking for
  • alderz said:

I don’t, personally.

We are one injury away from Sanchez starting in midfield. We are one Obiang sale away from relying on Jack Wilshere to stay fit all season.

£8m is a good price, but Delph hasn't got the greatest injury record himself. But I would absolutely have him over Sanchez and Obiang.

We do need another CM for the reasons you've said, but I expect if we get one we won't be paying any fee for him.
  • The one to go for in that position is Kalvin Phillips of Leeds but they apparently want close to £30m for him
This discussion has been closed.