Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• I do not think we have used Chicha properly, IMO he is simply not a lone striker but is clearly one who benefits from feeding off a strong presence alongside him.

I always wanted to see more of him up top with Arnie or AC but rarely did it happen, alongside Antonio would be interesting, Antonio may be less known for the killer pass but he powers forward and draws defenders towards him - space is therefore created with many second ball/rebound opportunities that Chica would pounce upon.
  • Pelle Out

Chicago In
  • 6ft 3 age 25

• Nope. Not having it. Why would we give up the No7 and No9 shirts if we were going to sign a transfer-record breaking striker? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

I think you’re reading too much into shirt numbers. People care too much about them these days.

Plus, if a number isn’t available when they join, it isn’t available and that’s it. I don’t think a player is going to decide not to join because they can’t wear the number 9.
  • edited July 2019
    That Twitter user is usually very, very reliable to be fair. So I would say with some degree of certainty that we are close to signing Haller.

Gomez a smokescreen all along?
  • Me and Grey were just 'aving a chat with our :redwine: and :beer: outside, and remarking that we'll almost certainly sign a striker we've never heard of any day now. Citing Fornals (who?), and Anderson (who?) ...
  • Lukerz said:

That Twitter user is usually very, very reliable to be fair. So I would say with some degree of certainty that we are close to signing Haller.

Which user?
  • Sturridge just got his dog back, might be worth a bid.

• DJ Hammer said:

Sturridge just got his dog back, might be worth a bid.

He's going to Leeds
  • Think you're barking up the wrong tree there, mate.
  • Or was it Blackburn Rovers :hmm:
  • Are we hounding his agent? :yercoat:
  • If he wasn’t a footballer he’d be sleeping ruff
  • Or was it the team near the Scottish Border :hmm: that's it Carlisle.
  • This is getting out of hound
  • It's nice to see we've got a lot of pedigree chums on here...
  • With him playing would we winalot
  • He'll never be as good as Paolo Di Bonio
  • First linked to Haller by FR.de on 31st May as 'kept an eye on'.
  • He'll never be as good as Paolo Di Bonio

Or Dominic Mutteo
  • All joking aside I'm not interested in Spaniel Sturridge
  • Why, when I saw 14 new comments on the transfer thread, did I even consider the possibility it might not be full of dog puns.

What a fool I am :lol:
  • Oh give it a rest sky
  • Lukerz said:

Or Haller story an attempt to push Celta/Gomez into accepting the deal?
  • Lukerz said:

• Lukerz said:

Or just...

gotta fill those column inches #anynewswilldo #makeitupifyouhaveto
  • :antonio:
  • DJ Hammer said:

Sturridge just got his dog back, might be worth a bid.

Is the dog that good? :puzzled:

# I should be so Lucci....
This discussion has been closed.